LaunchBox Community Forums

Would like to add more emulators and games especially Dragons Lair

Damo_T

Hi All,

I have recently built my Arcade machine and am using Big Box.  I only have Mame emulator and some roms.

I would like to add some more emulators and games and am particularly interested in getting Dragons Lair on it.

I see there is a thread for recommended emulators so I will take a look at that but I was wondering where I can obtain ROMS for other emulators?

I have also downloaded Daphne but see I need a DVD for Dragons Lair.  I have looked on eBay but they seem to be quite highly priced so I was wondering if I have any other options?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

If you only care about Dragons Lair and not the rest of the laser disc games then allow me to recommend the Dragons Lair Trilogy for the Wii, it has Dragons Lair 1 and 2 along with Space Ace all on a single disc.

It is a much easier emulator to setup and the video quality of it is really good.

On 11/8/2020 at 4:39 AM, sundogak said:

Daphne emulations needs both ROMS (how the game works), VLDP files (the actual video portion), and framefiles (text files that are basically index pointers for the video. Google search is your friend for Daphne VLDP.  Also Internet Archive for Daphne.

Thanks.  I managed to get Dragons Lair working on Daphne but I cannot get any of the other games as when I click Start, it says it needs to download files but then I get an error .Torrent file could not be downloaded.  My AV software and Windows Firewalls are all dissabled.  Any ideas?

On 11/8/2020 at 4:44 AM, Lordmonkus said:

If you only care about Dragons Lair and not the rest of the laser disc games then allow me to recommend the Dragons Lair Trilogy for the Wii, it has Dragons Lair 1 and 2 along with Space Ace all on a single disc.

It is a much easier emulator to setup and the video quality of it is really good.

Thanks for your response.  Ideally I would like other games but DL1 and 2 are priority.  If I go down this route, do I need a Wii emulator which I can launch from Big Box and do I need to buy any game or DVD or can I access somewhere?

4 hours ago, Damo_T said:

If I go down this route, do I need a Wii emulator which I can launch from Big Box and do I need to buy any game or DVD or can I access somewhere?

Well yes you would need an emulator of course, you need an emulator for all the games that are not PC compatible. You can find the disc image with a little googling, the internet archive is a great place to start with.

7 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

Btw, Singe 2 has been released. 

Thanks for trying to assist me.  I do not know that game but looks worth a try.  My progress with this is slow.   I used the Dolphin emulator to try the Wii Dragons Lair route but that would not work as it appears my graphics card does not support Open GL.

8 minutes ago, Damo_T said:

Thanks for trying to assist me.  I do not know that game but looks worth a try.  My progress with this is slow.   I used the Dolphin emulator to try the Wii Dragons Lair route but that would not work as it appears my graphics card does not support Open GL.

I doubt that, what GPU is it?

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

I am using a Dell Optiplex i3 as I was originally only going to play Mame games. It says it is an Intel HD Graphics 2000.  I can get DL to work on Daphne if necessary but can't get the other Daphne games to download then because of the .Torrent error.