LaunchBox Community Forums

Big box is slow

ReignerDeustcher

15 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

What’s your pc specs?

Some themes can be heavier on resources than others. If you use the default theme is there any difference?

You can take a look at this post for some tips. 

the default goes better but with stutterings some times

i have a ryzen 5 2700x, 16gb ram, sapphire nitro 480, i think is more than enough

Try force populating the image cache in the options. The software isnt buggy, you think Launchbox is buggy you cant of tried many frontends, of course each and every PC is unique and sometimes issues arise for seemingly no good reason though, as stated you are free to request a refund if you so desire.

14 hours ago, ReignerDeustcher said:

the default goes better but with stutterings some times

i have a ryzen 5 2700x, 16gb ram, sapphire nitro 480, i think is more than enough

Your specs  are enough for it to run smoothly. I have a couple builds using the Ryzen 3 2200G and 16GB with no issues. Like Neil said I would force populate the image cache. You will find the option in BigBox settings. Also shutdown all other programs just to make sure nothing is interfering. 

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Try force populating the image cache in the options. The software isnt buggy, you think Launchbox is buggy you cant of tried many frontends, of course each and every PC is unique and sometimes issues arise for seemingly no good reason though, as stated you are free to request a refund if you so desire.

tried that and is still the same, also tried deleting a lot of images like circuit boards, image controls etc, it changes nothing, i don't want a refound because i like the program but this is so annoying, sometimes when scrolling in the arcade game list (with the view of the clear logos of the games) it freezes like 1 sec and then rolls like 3 games fast

13 hours ago, ReignerDeustcher said:

now i've added nintendo 64 romset and the platform and gameplay screens of ALL games are not showing, and is more stuttered than ever... this is outrageous

I think we get the point that you are not happy.

Maybe look at your computer rather than Launchbox.

if this was an issue with Launchbox itself then everyone would be saying it in these forums.

Look at your Windows Defender settings (set exclusion for Launchbox and emulator folders) , make sure your pc is updated fully and also any other programs like anti malware, virus etc to see if they resolve your issues.

As mentioned before, you obviously don't know emulation if you think it's all about the frontend and not your computer.

99% of issues are usually down to the computer and NOT the frontend.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zugswang said:

I think we get the point that you are not happy.

Maybe look at your computer rather than Launchbox.

if this was an issue with Launchbox itself then everyone would be saying it in these forums.

Look at your Windows Defender settings (set exclusion for Launchbox and emulator folders) , make sure your pc is updated fully and also any other programs like anti malware, virus etc to see if they resolve your issues.

As mentioned before, you obviously don't know emulation if you think it's all about the frontend and not your computer.

99% of issues are usually down to the computer and NOT the frontend.

but i've did all the tutorial for performance of big box and there's no change, tried also uninstalling a lot of things that i don't really use, disabled the antivirus, origin, steam, etc

at least i want to be able to restore all the images, refreshing and populating does nothing, i also deleted the cache folders.... in launchbox i can see them