LaunchBox Community Forums

Black Friday 2020

Grimoz

12 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Black Friday sales happen every year on Black Friday don't know bow much of an actual secret it is

They may have done in the past, but because nothing is mentioned this year, nobody knows for sure. Again, what would be the harm in letting people know "yes, there will be a sale this year, starting at X time until Y time, and the discounts will be A, B, C".

7 hours ago, Kured said:

Again, what would be the harm in letting people know "yes, there will be a sale this year

The harm would be in sales leading up to Black Friday, this is not a big operation selling millions of licenses. So the act of discounting so heavily is a nice gesture by the dev and could actually effect sales this time of year as everyone just waits for a potential sale, thats not good for business. Amazon and the like are fine, they sell millions of different products and decide what they put on sale, Launchbox only sells one product, so they are not making up that lost revenue anywhere else. 

3 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

I thought last year the upgrade offer was $20 for existing users? This year it's $30? :/

Prices increased from last year, so the discounts are also heavier to match, but yes everything is slightly more than last year, but the amount you are saving is actually more. A lifetime license is $75, so if you are upgrading from a yearly $30 to a lifetime you are paying $30 + $20 = $50, where as a actual lifetime license currently costs $75, so you are still saving 33%, which is a fair discount if you ask me.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Prices increased from last year, so the discounts are also heavier to match, but yes everything is slightly more than last year, but the amount you are saving is actually more. A lifetime license is $75, so if you are upgrading from a yearly $30 to a lifetime you are paying $30 + $20 = $50, where as a actual lifetime license currently costs $75, so you are still saving 33%, which is a fair discount if you ask me.

It is still a decent price and I'll still be making the upgrade today.  I was just under the impression that the Grandfathered status locked the previous prices before the price hike for all versions of the license.  I purchased last year a yearly for $10, which had I purchased that a year earlier, I would have had the option to upgrade the license the following year for $20, making it $30 overall.  But since the price increase happened between the time I purchased the yearly, to the time I was going to upgrade, those who got yearly last year with the intention of upgrading this year, now pay an extra $10 compared to those doing this method throughout previous years.

So those purchasing last year, could have just gone with the $40 straight away if they knew it wouldn't actually save them anything by holding out a year. Anyway, thanks for the amazing product ?.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

You know what they say about assumptions? We only do one sale a year, and its never been on Cyber Monday. Licenses are of course still available, and its worth its normal price.

Of course it was my mistake. That's what I get for assuming a software dev would have consumer friendly marketing practices instead of deceptively and intentionally trying to reach as little of an audience as possible when a sale is held.......

Edited by timoth00

13 minutes ago, timoth00 said:

Of course it was my mistake. That's what I get for assuming a software dev would have consumer friendly marketing practices instead of deceptively and intentionally trying to reach as little of an audience as possible when a sale is held.......

Wow, really??? The dev doesnt have to put the product on sale at all you know? What makes you so special and entitled that it MUST go on sale, and that it MUST go on sale the day you want it to go on sale? We had a sale on the busiest sale day in the world, if you didnt bother to check if we were running a sale like every other store/website in the world, then thats 100% on you. If you want the software that much then whats the difference of $10 for a yearly sub to you?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, timoth00 said:

He intentionally and deceptively tried not to make money on Black Friday. 

giphy-downsized.gif

39 minutes ago, timoth00 said:

You are just embarrassing yourself now mate.

Stop crying about it and move on. ??

I got my upgrade to Lifetime and couldn't be happier, would have been happy to pay full price but just got lucky with the timing, love this product. Oh and the consumer friendly marketing practices involved were the emails sent out to members stating that "there is a Black Friday Sale" so not sure what else exactly you want them to do.

Keep up the great work devs.

• Like 1