LaunchBox Community Forums

Tried everything Yuzu won't launch fullscreen

Jayinem

For one pressing F11 doesn't work for me I can only check the box in the options to make it fullscreen. I read where someone made it fullscreen then hit alt+F4 to exit and then it stayed fullscreen on future launches. I hit alt+F4 it exits but when I relaunch it isn't fullscreen. I've even tried WindowsBorderlessGaming which usually works for most apps but not this one. I wish they would just have an option like Ryujinx where you check the box for auto fullscreen but doesn't exist. 

I don't think Yuzu has any command lines that I can add to Launchbox but I could be wrong.  I've tried adding ahk script like send F11 and maybe it would have worked but like I said F11 is not making it fullscreen for me just by hitting the key 

Edited by Jayinem

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, Jayinem said:

I read where someone made it fullscreen then hit alt+F4 to exit and then it stayed fullscreen on future launches

I read that too but had no luck either.  Well, I think it worked once but couldn't reproduce it again after that.

On 1/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, Jayinem said:

pressing F11 doesn't work for me

Go into Configure.. - Hotkeys and verify that the Fullscreen Action is set to F11.  In the back o f my head I think I also [had to?] remapped "Exit Fullscreen" to something arbitrary like "J".

50 minutes ago, turntablez said:

Has anyone found a solution?

I gave up on all the other theories that [supposedly] "work" and just put this in the Running AutoHotkey Script for the yuzu emulator.

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
Loop
{
   ifwinactive, yuzu
   {
      send {F11}
      break
   }
}

Sleep, 1000
SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
MouseMove, 1920, 0, 0

This will 'hang around' until the yuzu window is active, 'press' F11, then 1 second later move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen.

The problem for me in the first place was that I forgot I was using F11 as a key for another AHK script. Once I disabled that I was able to add 

Sleep, 5000
SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
Send {F11}
Return

Sleep, 5000
SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
MouseMove, 0, 2160, 0, R

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

In launchbox and it worked. 

But it seems people above have found another way. As long as it works it's all good. 

Edited by Jayinem

On 2/11/2021 at 9:36 AM, bearman said:

Found post on Reddit. "Entered the command line "-f -g" into Launchbox for Yuzu Emulator and it worked perfectly." This worked for me also.

Hi!  Yes this did work I found the answer on github at this link: https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu/issues/5331

I want to describe my setup too.  I am running the portable version of Yuzu.  I update with a cool little app called EzYuzu.  This will update your portable version.  I will link you to it.  https://github.com/amakvana/EzYuzu

I run my games folder with Yuzu games off a usb drive and Yuzu is on my main drive.  So the games are not within Yuzu.  Just my preference.  I have some screenshots of my setup in Manage Emulators area in Launchbox.

1 launchbox.png

2 launchbox.png

3 launchbox.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/13/2021 at 2:54 PM, turntablez said:

Hi!  Yes this did work I found the answer on github at this link: https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu/issues/5331

I want to describe my setup too.  I am running the portable version of Yuzu.  I update with a cool little app called EzYuzu.  This will update your portable version.  I will link you to it.  https://github.com/amakvana/EzYuzu

I run my games folder with Yuzu games off a usb drive and Yuzu is on my main drive.  So the games are not within Yuzu.  Just my preference.  I have some screenshots of my setup in Manage Emulators area in Launchbox.

1 launchbox.png

2 launchbox.png

3 launchbox.png

This works perfect! 

Thanks 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow it's so simple.

-f -g works perfectly.

and for exit games  i use ESC from keyboard with this script :

Esc::
Send !{F4}

All perfect!

One question.

For exit with controllers, how to do. Other platform i click on central button of xbox360 and appair a choose beetween : Continue Game or Exit Game, but if i click Exit Game doesn't works...

IMG_20240224_134749.jpg

2 hours ago, marcosgaming said:

For exit with controllers, how to do. Other platform i click on central button of xbox360 and appair a choose beetween : Continue Game or Exit Game, but if i click Exit Game doesn't works...

Can you use the "central button" on the controller during gameplay (not paused) to exit the game?  If so, try adding that 2-line script to the Exit Script.  (But do keep it in the Running Script as well)