LaunchBox Community Forums

Individual controller mapping/autoconfigs

damageinc86

I put this feature request up on bitbutcket, and it was one of 4 duplicates of the following issue: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/1877/controller-autoconfigs

Apparently it is a 4 year old issue/feature request to be able to map each controller individually because for example, button 1 isn't the same button across all usb controllers that a user might have plugged in.  I still use my keyboard for this reason.  I can never remember what button 1 is on another controller, so I inevitably end up hitting the wrong button and stuff goes wrong.  If launchbox/bigbox could just show us a list of all the controllers we have plugged in, and then let us map each one, it would make navigation with any controller 100% seamless.

13 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

I put this feature request up on bitbutcket, and it was one of 4 duplicates of the following issue: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/1877/controller-autoconfigs

Apparently it is a 4 year old issue/feature request to be able to map each controller individually because for example, button 1 isn't the same button across all usb controllers that a user might have plugged in.  I still use my keyboard for this reason.  I can never remember what button 1 is on another controller, so I inevitably end up hitting the wrong button and stuff goes wrong.  If launchbox/bigbox could just show us a list of all the controllers we have plugged in, and then let us map each one, it would make navigation with any controller 100% seamless.

yeap, I have been waiting for this feature for a long time, I hope it comes to life :)

1 hour ago, kidshoalin said:

yeap, I have been waiting for this feature for a long time, I hope it comes to life :)

I'm sure there's more than 12 people (votes on the bitbucket page) who would enjoy this feature.  I bet a lot of people don't even know about the bitbucket stuff, or are too lazy to register for yet another site lol.  I wish you could just vote here, I feel like really good features aren't receiving enough eyes on them because they are lost in bitbucket.

2 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

I'm sure there's more than 12 people (votes on the bitbucket page) who would enjoy this feature.  I bet a lot of people don't even know about the bitbucket stuff, or are too lazy to register for yet another site lol.  I wish you could just vote here, I feel like really good features aren't receiving enough eyes on them because they are lost in bitbucket.

Things get lost far more easily here on the forums. BitBucket is a dedicated service for this purpose.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

woohoo! 28 votes now! lol.  If usability is the big overarching goal, then this issue should really be addressed.  Most of us, even newbies, have multiple controllers.  A feature to allow launchbox navigation (mapping per controller) from any one of the controllers available would really go a long way.

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/1877/controller-autoconfigs