LaunchBox Community Forums

How to change these BigBox menus select colors

Hello Everyone,

Please, Is there a way to change these BigBox menus select colors. I changed every single color value on every single XAML file, but none of these menus color has changed.
I want to change these colors to make the theme more cohesive and less jarring (color wise) since I use these menus a lot.

Many Thanks in advance for any help and Best Regards to All.

1.png

3.png

Edited by kevin.k
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• kevin.k changed the title to How to change these BigBox menus select colors
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like you try to edit the Default theme. You can't edit the Default theme. It wil always revert back to the original .xml files. (There always needs to be a working theme.) If you want to edit the Default theme, you have to make a copy of the Default theme folder and rename it. After that you can make edits to the copy's .xml files and select your copy of the Default theme in BigBox.

Edited by Koroth

Hello Mr. Koroth,

Yes, I know about that Sir. I made a copy of the Default theme folder and renamed it so I can edit it.
The only issue I have is I can't change some of the BigBox boxes and submenus as you can see from the pictures above.
I changed literally every single color value in every single XAML file and these boxes and submenus didn't change their color.
I want to change their color to have a cohesive theme no matter what you click or go.
So far, these are the only boxes/ submenus (see the pictures above) that I couldn't change their colors.

I hope I can get any help or info from the developer/ community about this issue so I can finally complete the theme.
PS: Please excuse my English if I did any mistake. It's not my native language and I'm still learning it at school.

Many Thanks again and Best Regards to everyone.

1 hour ago, kevin.k said:

I changed literally every single color value in every single XAML file and these boxes and submenus didn't change their color.

I am not doubting your ability to edit .xaml files. But when it comes to editing .xml files for LaunchBox/BigBox you really have to know what your are looking for. Some things even may be hard coded into the Default theme. As an alternative maybe you can try the Community Theme Creator for BigBox? Although I haven't tried it myself, maybe you can load the copy of the Default theme and alter the colors?

1 hour ago, kevin.k said:

PS: Please excuse my English if I did any mistake. It's not my native language and I'm still learning it at school.

You English is very well! But, as I am also not a native English speaker myself, any errors would cancel out and it becomes perfect again. :P

• Thanks 1

Hello again Sir,

Yes, I know about the Community Theme Creator for BigBox. I watched a video for Mr. faeran (an amazing themes creator here!) using it to create an incredible theme. It was a live stream and it was amazing! I tried it, didn't figure it out. It's beyond my basic and humble skills currently. Still, thank you so much for trying to help me in any way possible.
Maybe someone will guide me to solve this final issue I have to finalise the theme. I still have hope.

Oh, Also, Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm trying my best to enhance my English ?

Best Regards!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kevin.k said:

Hello again Sir,

Yes, I know about the Community Theme Creator for BigBox. I watched a video for Mr. faeran (an amazing themes creator here!) using it to create an incredible theme. It was a live stream and it was amazing! I tried it, didn't figure it out. It's beyond my basic and humble skills currently. Still, thank you so much for trying to help me in any way possible.
Maybe someone will guide me to solve this final issue I have to finalise the theme. I still have hope.

Oh, Also, Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm trying my best to enhance my English ?

Best Regards!

The community theme creator wouldn't of worked anyway, you can only import themes to it that were made with it, the default obviously wasn't. I think i might be right in saying that the things you are trying to edit are not editable as they are fundamental to the program, but i may be wrong. I'll tag @Jason Carr and @C-Beats here to see if they can confirm or shine a light on what the issue is.

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2021 at 5:44 AM, kevin.k said:

2.png

This view is edited in the OptionsPage.Xaml. Example shown of the color changed.

The others I have never messed with and I have not seen any spot to edit those so it may be something under the hood in BigBox code. So will have to wait for our devs on those.

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 10.30.31 AM.png

• Unusual Gem 1

Thank you so much Mr. Retro808!
How I missed this file! It's really embarrassing. I'm very sorry!
I hope we can change the rest objects as simple as this!

I edited the original post to remove this one that you solved for me ?
Many thanks again good Sir!

Options.png

Edited by kevin.k

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Jason Carr

Hello Mr. Jason,

Thank you for your reply Sir, I do know how to change the keyboard symbols colors. What I'm trying to change is the "Highlight/ Select" Color. Here's a screenshot for more clarification
Do I miss something on how to change it or you can implement the possibility for that in a future update like the other objects? (Hopefully soon, please!)
PS: please excuse my English Sir, still learning! ?

Many thanks again and Best regards.

Keyboard Select Color.png

Edited by kevin.k
  • Like 4