LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox doesn't import all games even checking "import duplicates".

ci2own

Yeah, after working on this more, I’m still finding problems and inconsistencies with importing FinalBurn Neo ROMs.  Occasionally, I’ll successfully import a different ROM from the group/set, but mostly the ROMs are ignored.  The import will sometimes report it is importing a ROM, only for it not to show up after going through the process.  Most of the times though, the ROMs aren’t added through the wizard.

On 9/18/2021 at 2:02 PM, wallmachine said:

If you don't select the emulator MAME in the import process you get the following message, maybe a friendlier explanation, but thought you could import with another emulator than actual MAME but it won't generate the metadata was on 11.17.

Also, importing MAME games not checking the box so it gets the MAME metadata it only imports a random number from the total on version 11.18-beta-3.

image.thumb.png.3b6668382ec3ae92f7eebd7ba384797a.png

image.png

I last tested this on 11.18-beta-3 has any further updates been added to fix not all roms being imported?

Just a quick update to report that running the ROMS import wizard in the new version (12.0) found additional ROMs in my FinalBurn Neo set that had been previously ignored.  It still missed the non-hacked clones, but added the hacks and bootlegs.  I’m going to tinker with this some more over the next few days to see if I can get it to work by changing the selections in the wizard.

Also, I find it interesting that the media scan now starts with LaunchBox’s media, and then goes to scan EmuMovies.  Previously it would scan and load them together.

Looking forward to seeing what else is new!

I went ahead and reimported my FinalBurn Neo ROM set.  Marked improvement in capturing clones, bootlegs and hacks using the forced MAME and combine as a single game options.  It appears that only a very few outliers were missed (such as a clone of 3-Count Bout).

It would be nice to have the option to import the FinalBurn Neo full arcade set in the same way MAME’s set is handled, but I recognize that’s likely wanted by a small minority.

7 hours ago, CaptPeachfuzz said:

It would be nice to have the option to import the FinalBurn Neo full arcade set in the same way MAME’s set is handled

If you can find or create an XML file that's formatted the same as MAME xml's, you could try this:

It won't help with any metadata or media issues you may have with "odd" games, but it will at least get whatever's listed in "the xml" into LB.  The trick might be finding one that formatted like MAME's xmls.  Just a thought. Maybe not the best thought. But a thought.

• 10 months later...
On 8/16/2021 at 4:53 PM, ci2own said:

The "easiest" way to know which ROMs weren't imported is:

1. - Put LB view in List Mode --> View > List View.

2.- Select all info and copy to excel sheet.

3.- Delete all columns except "Application Path"

4.- Copy the Application Path info to a .bat file to leave like this:

mkdir _Sorted

move gamename.zip _Sorted 

move gamename2.zip _Sorted

move gamename3.zip _Sorted

run the .bat file inside your ROMs folder. 

The ROMs not moved into _Sorted, will be the ones not imported by LB.

Note:  "Application Path" column shows roms like this:     ..\Games\ROM_Path\gamename.zip.

To put "move" word before rom name and "_Sorted" folder after, just use replace tool in your text editor:

1.-  Search all "\..\Games\ROM_Path\" --> Replace by "move "

2.- Search all ".zip" --> Replace by ".zip _Sorted"

Hope this helps to identify the not imported ones.

On 2/27/2022 at 5:57 PM, neil9000 said:

Can someone help me understand this I am not sure if I am just being dense but I don;t understand where the application path goes, etc. I know how to make .bat files but can someone just tell me exactly what to put in it to do this as I am missing tonnes of roms no matter how many times or what options I use to import. And I really do not want to manually go through a list.

On 8/16/2021 at 4:53 PM, ci2own said:

The "easiest" way to know which ROMs weren't imported is:

1. - Put LB view in List Mode --> View > List View.

2.- Select all info and copy to excel sheet.

3.- Delete all columns except "Application Path"

4.- Copy the Application Path info to a .bat file to leave like this:

mkdir _Sorted

move gamename.zip _Sorted 

move gamename2.zip _Sorted

move gamename3.zip _Sorted

run the .bat file inside your ROMs folder. 

The ROMs not moved into _Sorted, will be the ones not imported by LB.

Note:  "Application Path" column shows roms like this:     ..\Games\ROM_Path\gamename.zip.

To put "move" word before rom name and "_Sorted" folder after, just use replace tool in your text editor:

1.-  Search all "\..\Games\ROM_Path\" --> Replace by "move "

2.- Search all ".zip" --> Replace by ".zip _Sorted"

Hope this helps to identify the not imported ones.

On 2/27/2022 at 5:57 PM, neil9000 said:

Can someone help me understand this I am not sure if I am just being dense but I don;t understand where the application path goes, etc. I know how to make .bat files but can someone just tell me exactly what to put in it to do this as I am missing tonnes of roms no matter how many times or what options I use to import. And I really do not want to manually go through a list.