LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox doesn't import all games even checking "import duplicates".

ci2own

I downloaded every rom (except 1) from the SNES wikipedia page with a total of  784 Games (719 USA, 62 Europe and 3 of the 4 championship cartridges).

Imported all to LB, but don't know the reason only imports 780 of the 784 even checking "Import Duplicates" option.

This are the not imported games:

- International Superstar Soccer (USA).zip

- Rex Ronan - Experimental Surgeon (USA) (En,Es).zip

- Uniracers (USA).zip

- WWF Super WrestleMania (USA).zip

Is there any reason?

Edited by ci2own

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried to import 906 Sega Genesis roms, launchbox imported 856, 50 were missed. To identify the missing games is hard, I got a listing of the directory -popped that into excel, got a listing of the Launchbox database for the Genesis, popped that into excel & then used excel view “side by side” to compare. I identified 11 missing games by the time I got to the end of F. Imported all 11 manually. If you can import it manually and it works then the problem is with the program importing wizard, I hope this gets looked at and fixed as I got roms missing on all my systems. Its impossible for me to go through all which I am missing, my launchbox reports 16752 games, of which there could be a few hundred missing.

We have the same importing problem/complaint, link to mine

On 8/10/2021 at 5:13 PM, PJCA2 said:

I tried to import 906 Sega Genesis roms, launchbox imported 856, 50 were missed. To identify the missing games is hard, I got a listing of the directory -popped that into excel, got a listing of the Launchbox database for the Genesis, popped that into excel & then used excel view “side by side” to compare. I identified 11 missing games by the time I got to the end of F. Imported all 11 manually. If you can import it manually and it works then the problem is with the program importing wizard, I hope this gets looked at and fixed as I got roms missing on all my systems. Its impossible for me to go through all which I am missing, my launchbox reports 16752 games, of which there could be a few hundred missing.

We have the same importing problem/complaint, link to mine

The "easiest" way to know which ROMs weren't imported is:

1. - Put LB view in List Mode --> View > List View.

2.- Select all info and copy to excel sheet.

3.- Delete all columns except "Application Path"

4.- Copy the Application Path info to a .bat file to leave like this:

mkdir _Sorted

move gamename.zip _Sorted 

move gamename2.zip _Sorted

move gamename3.zip _Sorted

run the .bat file inside your ROMs folder. 

The ROMs not moved into _Sorted, will be the ones not imported by LB.

Note:  "Application Path" column shows roms like this:     ..\Games\ROM_Path\gamename.zip.

To put "move" word before rom name and "_Sorted" folder after, just use replace tool in your text editor:

1.-  Search all "\..\Games\ROM_Path\" --> Replace by "move "

2.- Search all ".zip" --> Replace by ".zip _Sorted"

Hope this helps to identify the not imported ones.

• Like 1

Just now, zetec-s-joe said:

Also found that if they import and some are missing, you can do the exact same import 2 or 3 more times the exact same way and get lucky and get them all import!

I tried that, but sometimes you need more than 10 times to get all imported. I guess this is not the way it should work. If "Import duplicates" is checked, it should import the same exact number of games you drag to LB.

9 minutes ago, ci2own said:

I tried that, but sometimes you need more than 10 times to get all imported. I guess this is not the way it should work. If "Import duplicates" is checked, it should import the same exact number of games you drag to LB.

Yeah, it's not a good fix. Never had this issue with the same exact rom sets with older versions of launchbox, I never had to tick the force import dupes before either

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 1:52 AM, faeran said:

This issue is on the list of items to take a look at to find the cause.

Once we are able to get to it, we may reach out if we have any specific questions.

Upgraded to the new release and still the same. 

Only way to get it to work is not scrape as 'Arcade' and don't select the emulator 'MAME' as well as not checking 'Force using MAME metadata (for emulators other than MAME that use MAME files)' However, I need to scrape MAME so it sets the MAME metadata as these are apart of the MAME set. I can't use the MAME importer because of this.

Edited by wallmachine

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 4:31 AM, Jason Carr said:

We're actually pushing this fix out to an 11.18 beta, because we don't want to risk breaking the 11.17 release that we just put out. But a fix for this will be in the first 11.18 beta, hopefully out next week.

If you don't select the emulator MAME in the import process you get the following message, maybe a friendlier explanation, but thought you could import with another emulator than actual MAME but it won't generate the metadata was on 11.17.

Also, importing MAME games not checking the box so it gets the MAME metadata it only imports a random number from the total on version 11.18-beta-3.

image.thumb.png.3b6668382ec3ae92f7eebd7ba384797a.png

image.png

Edited by wallmachine

• 2 weeks later...

I will preface this by noting I am not sure if this is the same problem or a different issue.  I imported the current FinalBurn Neo rom set (not-merged) and later noticed that it failed to import the clones.  It’s possible there are other ROMS missing, but I haven’t done an exhaustive search.  Also, I’m fairly sure I selected “Import all clones,” at the time.

I tried to go back and add the missing clones using the import wizard, but it doesn’t seem to “see” them, even if I specifically select the clone ROMS.  I’ve checked and unchecked various boxes to see if that changes the import results, to no success.  Once I get to the “Ready to Import” list, it only shows the “primary” clone or, if I only selected clones that weren’t imported, shows an empty table.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:55 AM, CaptPeachfuzz said:

I will preface this by noting I am not sure if this is the same problem or a different issue.  I imported the current FinalBurn Neo rom set (not-merged) and later noticed that it failed to import the clones.  It’s possible there are other ROMS missing, but I haven’t done an exhaustive search.  Also, I’m fairly sure I selected “Import all clones,” at the time.

I tried to go back and add the missing clones using the import wizard, but it doesn’t seem to “see” them, even if I specifically select the clone ROMS.  I’ve checked and unchecked various boxes to see if that changes the import results, to no success.  Once I get to the “Ready to Import” list, it only shows the “primary” clone or, if I only selected clones that weren’t imported, shows an empty table.

Unless you import MAME ROMs using the full-set importer, LaunchBox will not currently import clones unless the files exist on disk.

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Unless you import MAME ROMs using the full-set importer, LaunchBox will not currently import clones unless the files exist on disk.

Thanks for your response.  They weren't MAME ROMs, they were ROMs for FinalBurn Neo (might be same/similar, but I thought I would point that out).  Also, I do have the separate ROMs files on the hard drive, since it isn't a merged set.  If I try to import these ROM files, LaunchBox doesn't appear to recognize them.

As an alternative, do I use the MAME full-set importer for FinalBurn Neo's Arcade ROMs set?  I was led to understand that wouldn't work since the FinalBurn Neo set lacks the same number of ROMs as the MAME full-set.

To give you the reason I'm doing this, I wanted to use FinalBurn Neo's version of the 6-player X-Men cabinet, and I can only seem to get the 4-player US ROM recognized.

5 minutes ago, CaptPeachfuzz said:

Thanks for your response.  They weren't MAME ROMs, they were ROMs for FinalBurn Neo (might be same/similar, but I thought I would point that out).  Also, I do have the separate ROMs files on the hard drive, since it isn't a merged set.  If I try to import these ROM files, LaunchBox doesn't appear to recognize them.

As an alternative, do I use the MAME full-set importer for FinalBurn Neo's Arcade ROMs set?  I was led to understand that wouldn't work since the FinalBurn Neo set lacks the same number of ROMs as the MAME full-set.

To give you the reason I'm doing this, I wanted to use FinalBurn Neo's version of the 6-player X-Men cabinet, and I can only seem to get the 4-player US ROM recognized.

Final Burn is a bit of an uncovered part of the LaunchBox implementation. My understanding is that Final Burn ROMs are very similar or the same to the MAME ROMs, but I have never really tried to play with any of it, so I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject.

What specific files is the importer not recognizing?

22 minutes ago, CaptPeachfuzz said:

You may need to check either or both of the options for "Force Import Duplicate" and "Import All Clones". LB is likely seeing that rom as a clone and a duplicate game.

• Like 1