LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

10 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Wow, thanks for figuring this out. Apparently somehow I mistakenly added that g to the code in beta 8. Apologies. Glad you helped us catch this before the official release.

No problem and I'm glad I could help. Whatever we could do to take some pressure off of you guys.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Network drives are still broken in Nvidia's firmware. So we're waiting on an update from Nvidia for that. Per external storage, if I remember correctly there were two different ways to format external storage for the Shield. It was kind of a terrible design. It's possible that one of the two ways are still broken with their hotfix.

Well Nvidia just released an update to their firmware 9.0, which is 9.01 and unfortunately the bug is not fixed however it works fine in the Xplore app, am i missing something

54 minutes ago, oyehia said:

Well Nvidia just released an update to their firmware 9.0, which is 9.01 and unfortunately the bug is not fixed however it works fine in the Xplore app, am i missing something

I'm currently downloading the new update. I'll let you know if I have any issues with it, or if anything new is fixed for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

The 1.0 official release is out now with a couple fixes for some issues with beta 8, including the "Clear Logog" issue above. Hopefully the official release fares well for everyone.

Are you able to reproduce my isssue?

23 hours ago, oyehia said:

Are you able to reproduce my isssue?

Been testing this today. Please see the details in this topic (last couple of posts):

Also, the X-Plore File Manager app only allows me to browse and see the internal storage and the SD card, and not the attached USB Drive or any network drives. So as far as I can tell, it's behaving exactly the same as FX (my other file manager) and LaunchBox. Is there some trick to accessing USB and network drives in X-Plore?

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Been testing this today. Please see the details in this topic (last couple of posts):

Also, the X-Plore File Manager app only allows me to browse and see the internal storage and the SD card, and not the attached USB Drive or any network drives. So as far as I can tell, it's behaving exactly the same as FX (my other file manager) and LaunchBox. Is there some trick to accessing USB and network drives in X-Plore?

Make sure your network drives are mounted, verify in DP->Storage

2 minutes ago, oyehia said:

Make sure your network drives are mounted, verify in DP->Storage

Oh yeah, of course. You meant Device Preferences. Yes, my network drives are mounted in Device Preferences > Storage on the Shield. But they still don't show up in X-Plore, nor any other app on the Shield. But if you know something that I don't, let me know. Where are your network drives showing up in X-Plore?

2 minutes ago, oyehia said:

Verify the permission for Xplore, it should have all access to all folders

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5303/kw/permission

So I removed the network shares and re-added them, and now I am seeing them in X-Plore. So looks like another Nvidia bug. But that's good, apparently there is somehow a way to access the network shares, even if it is still buggy with the hotfixes. I will look into that. However, I still can't access my USB drive from X-Plore or any other app on the Shield. You don't happen to be able to access a USB drive with it, do you?

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

So I removed the network shares and re-added them, and now I am seeing them in X-Plore. So looks like another Nvidia bug. But that's good, apparently there is somehow a way to access the network shares, even if it is still buggy with the hotfixes. I will look into that. However, I still can't access my USB drive from X-Plore or any other app on the Shield. You don't happen to be able to access a USB drive with it, do you?

If i am not mistaken it should be formatted in FAT32

1 minute ago, oyehia said:

If i am not mistaken it should be formatted in FAT32

Sure, I was always able to access the drive with the previous version of Android, before Nvidia updated everything, so the file system shouldn't be the issue. I guess I'll just assume it's still broken in the latest Nvidia hotfix. Hopefully I can figure out what kind of hack X-Plore is using (lol) to get access to those network drives.

• Like 1

They released a fix for 9,01 which might solve your external drive issue

The first 9.0.1+ HotFix is live now and contains the following fixes:

• Resolves Paragon files system crash/hang while using external hard drives with NTFS/exfat format <----
  • Fixes a cec issue where shield won’t go to sleep
  • Resolves issue where adopted storage starts migrating but doesn't always complete
  • Resolves issue with mouse click not working
  • Resolves issue where Samba Mac client getting error when copying file to USB Hard-Drive
  • Resolves issue where Playback status shows up on home screen even after exiting an app
  • Resolves issue of framework restart while enabling Dolby Vision on Phillips TV

I think the issue is when u select to import roms it doesnt let u go back far enough to let u select your network storage. Right now it will only show the internal storage at /storage/emulated/0 you need to be able to drop back to the parent directory of /storage/ which Launchbox doesnt do

Mook

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

I think the issue is when u select to import roms it doesnt let u go back far enough to let u select your network storage. Right now it will only show the internal storage at /storage/emulated/0 you need to be able to drop back to the parent directory of /storage/ which Launchbox doesnt do

Mook

That's not a Launchbox issue, it's an Android issue, but you're right that it's permissions based.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, flipside101 said:

I can get to the mapped network shares on my shield through x-plore and even the basic file manager i have so I'm not sure that's the case

Essentially, according to Jason, Android have to approve apps to be able to access outside of their own directory.  File managers have that ability because Google allow it, Retroarch and Launchbox don't.  If you root your device and install magisk, you can choose to grant su permissions to apps yourself.