LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Much appreciative of the recent updates. A few things I was hoping to address:

1.) The Android Platform option seems to have disappeared on me

2.) LaunchBox to Skyline's giving me the attached error message

3.) I had started a new topic on this about 2 weeks ago, but no one's responded as of yet. With micro sd's being phased out of newer phones, is there a way to scope storage our cloud storage like Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. on Android?

Screenshot_20221210_105139.jpg

Edited by UnnUndrgrnd4114
Phone format error

Thanks guys for the reports. I should have a new beta out later today.

On 12/10/2022 at 8:06 AM, UnnUndrgrnd4114 said:

2.) LaunchBox to Skyline's giving me the attached error message

Do you have an outdated version of Skyline installed, by chance? We've fully tested the latest version and we're able to run it without issues.

On 12/10/2022 at 8:06 AM, UnnUndrgrnd4114 said:

3.) I had started a new topic on this about 2 weeks ago, but no one's responded as of yet. With micro sd's being phased out of newer phones, is there a way to scope storage our cloud storage like Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. on Android?

That's probably a good idea for the future, but it is likely a ways off.

LaunchBox for Android 1.7-beta-2 is out now with the following:

• Fixed the issues with the Pure theme
  • Fixed issues with the updated grid view not sizing correctly when switching between portrait and landscape
  • Fixed the Android platform not showing up when using platform categories
  • Vertical wheel spacing and sizing have been adjusted to make a cleaner experience between devices
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox for Android 1.7-beta-2 is out now with the following:

• Fixed the issues with the Pure theme
  • Fixed issues with the updated grid view not sizing correctly when switching between portrait and landscape
  • Fixed the Android platform not showing up when using platform categories
  • Vertical wheel spacing and sizing have been adjusted to make a cleaner experience between devices

Thank you for today's update.

I gave updating Skyline a try, but it gave me the attached error message. I don't have Skyline Edge; I use the free version so maybe that has something to do with it.

Also, after today's update unfortunately the Android Platform still isn't showing up for me

Screenshot_20221212_153853.jpg

Screenshot_20221212_153905.jpg

Screenshot_20221212_153909.jpg

Screenshot_20221212_153948.jpg

Duplicate screenshots

3 minutes ago, UnnUndrgrnd4114 said:

Thank you for today's update.

I gave updating Skyline a try, but it gave me the attached error message. I don't have Skyline Edge; I use the free version so maybe that has something to do with it.

Also, after today's update unfortunately the Android Platform still isn't showing up for me

Screenshot_20221212_153853.jpg

Screenshot_20221212_153948.jpg

The Android platform should show up under Handhelds.

I still don't really understand what's going on with Skyline for you. The version that we've installed is the free version from here:

https://skyline-emu.one/download

We've just installed the very first one at the top of the list. Are you installing Skyline from somewhere else?

8 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

The Android platform should show up under Handhelds.

I still don't really understand what's going on with Skyline for you. The version that we've installed is the free version from here:

https://skyline-emu.one/download

We've just installed the very first one at the top of the list. Are you installing Skyline from somewhere else?

I see Android under Handhelds now, thank you.

Yes sir, right from their website #1598. I tried deleting and reinstalling Skyline too, but still the same issue. It even says Skyline's ready to be launched

Screenshot_20221212_161418.jpg

Thanks for the update, Jason!

Feature Request: Would love to see the ability for a default Genres View for Arcade now that the Improved Arcade Playlists are included. Basically, I want to get straight to the game library view in every other platform but arcade. I just want to hit arcade, see all the new genre filters, and then the game view after a genre has been chosen. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, UnnUndrgrnd4114 said:

I see Android under Handhelds now, thank you.

Yes sir, right from their website #1598. I tried deleting and reinstalling Skyline too, but still the same issue. It even says Skyline's ready to be launched

Screenshot_20221212_161418.jpg

Okay, what device are you using and what version of Android is it running? Have you tested opening games up manually in Skyline?

Thanks Jason! Looking all good on my end-- I appreciate the adjustment on the wheel spacing; I can no longer see a quarter of a logo poking from the bottom of the screen since the Fullscreen update, hahah. I thought I'd mention that some logos now look huge in comparison to others on my end (see NES and GBC). It's not a massive problem, but just looks a bit odd to me.

Screenshot_20221213-172651.png

Screenshot_20221213-172712.png

Screenshot_20221213-172730.png

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Okay, what device are you using and what version of Android is it running? Have you tested opening games up manually in Skyline?

Galaxy S20+ and Android Version 13. Yes, I have 1 game and it works directly in Skyline.

It gave me the option to update LaunchBox again today, so I tried it and it looks to be the same error message.

1 hour ago, UnnUndrgrnd4114 said:

Galaxy S20+ and Android Version 13. Yes, I have 1 game and it works directly in Skyline.

It gave me the option to update LaunchBox again today, so I tried it and it looks to be the same error message.

Apparently the issue is Android 13. I did all my testing on Android 12, and everything was working great. Now, since my tablet updated to Android 13, it's broken with the same error message. I don't really understand how Android 13 would introduce that error when launching Skyline, but Android is Android I guess.

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Apparently the issue is Android 13. I did all my testing on Android 12, and everything was working great. Now, since my tablet updated to Android 13, it's broken with the same error message. I don't really understand how Android 13 would introduce that error when launching Skyline, but Android is Android I guess.

Dang. Hoping the error log helps you guys figure this one out. Thank you for all your efforts with this

Phone error

I just installed v1.7 and using the banner view like in ETA's video, if I enable start with platform categories it shows me 3 banners:

- Handhelds

- All Games

- Recently Played

Furthermore if I click on Handhelds, it only shows me Android. I have 52 systems installed in total, wondering where the rest is? Favorites, although enabled, isn't showing at all. 

I'm on an Odin Pro. 

1 minute ago, DeadVoivod said:

I just installed v1.7 and using the banner view like in ETA's video, if I enable start with platform categories it shows me 3 banners:

- Handhelds

- All Games

- Recently Played

Furthermore if I click on Handhelds, it only shows me Android. I have 52 systems installed in total, wondering where the rest is? Favorites, although enabled, isn't showing at all. 

I'm on an Odin Pro. 

If platforms aren't showing up, it's most likely because your platforms don't have a platform category specified. I'm not sure why that is, but if you edit the platform metadata, you can add a platform category to them. You would just have to temporarily turn off the platform categories.

Favorites don't show up unless you actually have favorites to show.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DeadVoivod said:

Ok, that's indeed the case, none of my platforms has a category, should that not have been added automatically? 

It is in most cases. I'm not exactly sure why it wasn't in yours. Did you import on the handheld, or export to Android from the desktop?

2 minutes ago, Gustavo Oliva said:

Hi! After installing v1.7, Launchbox crashes right after I select a platform (e.g., NES). I am using The Grid theme. Feels like it crashes while trying to load/draw the next screen (seems GUI related). Here are the logs. Thanks!

Debug 2022-12-15 01-09-23 PM.log 10.83 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the report. What device are you using and what version of Android is it running?