LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

LaunchBox for Android 1.5-beta-1 is out now with the following:

• Added support for the MS-DOS platform using the DOSBox RetroArch cores

• New Swedish translation thanks to gantraz from the LaunchBox Community Forums

• Fixed an issue where the user could select "Recently Played" as the Default Root Filter in the options, which would cause a crash on startup

Please note that MS-DOS only works with zip files right now, which works much better on Android currently anyways, so we would recommend this approach. The latest LaunchBox for Windows beta (12.14-beta-4) has also been updated to be able to export MS-DOS games in zip format for Android (using the Export to Android feature). It will zip up your MS-DOS games so that they can be easily added to the Android app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

We are planning on tackling alpha-numeric navigation here soon. The Last Played section is limited to 100 games.

There is a known issue with extracting files that are too large. It is not recommended currently to use compressed disc image files that need extracted on startup. Small ROMs will work fine, but larger ones will not currently.

Ah ok, thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Also a problem with PS2 if roms are on a network drive, AetherSX 2 will launch them without any problems but i get an error in Launchbox that it cannot find the rom note that the games have already been scanned by AetherSX2 as suggested, this is on Nvidia Shield with the latest alpha of AetherSX2

Thanks,

If you need a translation, I could help, I speak fluently German, French and Luxembourgish. Don’t know which languages are covered, but I guess nobody needs Luxembourgish, you would probably have one of the only applications having it available 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeadVoivod said:

If you need a translation, I could help, I speak fluently German, French and Luxembourgish. Don’t know which languages are covered, but I guess nobody needs Luxembourgish, you would probably have one of the only applications having it available 😄

Nice! We have German covered well, but our French translation hasn't been updated since March. So if you wanted to update that, that would be much appreciated. You can check out this thread for details on how it all works:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Patrick Roberge said:

Is it possible to get a list of the emulators supported in Launchbox Android?

😊Thanks

Pat

Yes, but it may not be completely accurate. Emulators update all the time (or don't update when necessary), and especially with Google's terrible design decisions in Android 11 and 12, it's difficult to make sure everything is still working. We highly recommend using RetroArch for most platforms, sans for a small few disc-based platforms like GameCube, Wii, PSP, etc. You're shooting yourself in the foot on Android if you don't use a sideloaded version of 64-bit RetroArch.

It's easy to find out which emulators are supported for a specific platform just by importing that platform.

On 7/28/2022 at 10:19 AM, oyehia said:

Also a problem with PS2 if roms are on a network drive, AetherSX 2 will launch them without any problems but i get an error in Launchbox that it cannot find the rom note that the games have already been scanned by AetherSX2 as suggested, this is on Nvidia Shield with the latest alpha of AetherSX2

Thanks,

I think I know why this is, but it might take me a while to resolve, since I have to set up a testing scenario for it.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Nice! We have German covered well, but our French translation hasn't been updated since March. So if you wanted to update that, that would be much appreciated. You can check out this thread for details on how it all works:

Ok, I will have a look at it but I’m still on holiday until the 17th of August. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I think I know why this is, but it might take me a while to resolve, since I have to set up a testing scenario for it.

Just tried the latest PPSSPP released which supports scoped storage, the game works fine from it but not from Launchbox so it could be related...

On 7/29/2022 at 11:13 PM, oyehia said:

Just tried the latest PPSSPP released which supports scoped storage, the game works fine from it but not from Launchbox so it could be related...

We recently fixed PPSSPP for scoped storage. Did a new version just come out that changed all that up again?

On 8/2/2022 at 1:18 AM, DeadVoivod said:

Btw, perhaps I mention it here, the images in the banner view for Naomi and Naomi 2 are missing, are they considered to be added in the next update?

Thanks. 

@faeran might be able to come up with some here soon.

16 hours ago, Vader said:

Is there a way to default the game list back to the first game on the list when entering a platform instead of it going to the last game that was selected?

Thanks

I can probably add an option for that.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

I downloaded the French translation file and it is all done already, what exactly is there that does need translation?

It's mostly just updates that need to be done, and probably mostly in the Strings file. There should be some missing strings in there. You can take the translation discussions over to the translation thread though here:

@oyehia I just updated both PPSSPP and PPSSPP Gold and both are working just fine for me launching games. You do have to make sure thought that you add your ROMs folder inside of PPSSPP before you're able to launch games. Let me know if it's still not working for you.

Edit: Is anyone else unable to launch games with PPSSPP?