LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

28 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@Vader Can you confirm that this new beta fixes the issues with additional versions for you?

@Jason Carr Yes and no. I was able to add an additional version and it saved. It is also visable on the metadata screen. However when I go to the game options screen, it does not show the new game that I added as an additional verson. Look at the screenshots below. Almost there but not quite. Thanks for keeping up with these issues. 

Screenshot_20220829-175715.jpg

Screenshot_20220829-175658.jpg

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Do you mean reloads immediately from LaunchBox? Is it NES.emu that is reloading immediately, or LaunchBox? I don't think it's really possible that LaunchBox could be causing an emulator to load repeatedly, so it's probably something else going on with the device.

To be honest, it sounds like some odd things are going on with the device. Both of these things are issues that I've never seen before anywhere, which tends to be a sign of faulty hardware or misconfiguration somehow. Though it's hard to say without seeing it all firsthand.

Is your device an Odin Pro? Or the non-pro? I ask because @C-Beats does have an Odin Pro and things are working great on it.

Sorry yes reloads immediately from launchbox (sorry my phone changed the word). The reason why I know it's launchbox is because literally it shows the launchbox image as it auto reloads the game. I can assure you it's not the Odin doing this.

I could even take a video of it so you can see but unsure how I'd send it.

It's an Odin pro.

If you would like me to do a video just let me know where to send it.

Thanks so much!

Edited by rpc9943
added details

16 hours ago, rpc9943 said:

Thanks Jason! I really don't like retro arch, these external ones to me are imo way better and specialized... But that's an aside comment..  So I'm going to tell you the steps I have for that loop, just reporting it as a bug. This is on my ayn Odin. Steps: 1. load a game with nes.emu for example 2. Odin doesn't have a back button so I swipe from left screen twice 2. Using controller to select close game 3. It asks really close current game? Choose yes with gamepad button. 4
 Scroll down to exit, confirm with gamepad button. 5. Exits nes.emu, reloads immediately from launchpad.

Happens every time.

I can bypass it by just swiping until it exits, but it's weird that it's looping.

Another issue just arose.

As I turned on my Odin and loaded launchbox , it seems to be stuck in a flickering display as if the upper left triple line menu button was being rapidly pressed... I was able to wriggle out of that somehow, pressing other parts of the screen.

Sounds to me like you may have some buttons sticking making the button be held down when LaunchBox gets focus and thus selecting the game again. I know now that I have been using my Odin Pro for a while I'm having issues with the B button get stuck down quite a bit.

@C-Beatsas mentioned above I have the Odin pro. I'm not sure what OTA version means but if it's the Odin I have it updated to the latest. The issue here is that launchbox is doing a loop, I found out how to replicate it, it definitely is launchbox doing this, not a stuck button or anything, and I can show it in a video, also how to avoid it. Just trying to help report a bug...

7 minutes ago, rpc9943 said:

@C-Beatsas mentioned above I have the Odin pro. I'm not sure what OTA version means but if it's the Odin I have it updated to the latest. The issue here is that launchbox is doing a loop, I found out how to replicate it, it definitely is launchbox doing this, not a stuck button or anything, and I can show it in a video, also how to avoid it. Just trying to help report a bug...

Yeah, if you could show it and explain your work around that'd help quite a bit. Not trying to be rude, just trying to get as much information as we can from you since you're the only Odin user we have reporting this issue.

• Like 1

Sorry looks like quoting on my phone browser screws up my replies.

C-beats thanks I think I gave all of the information possible in my posts, I didn't think you were being rude :)

Jason carr thank you for having the patience to see this. If it is the dot emu apps they were fine before the previous 2 beta release of launchbox. They may have the same error on the other dot emu apps. Sorry if this was trouble.

I tried the master gear again with the latest beta and it's still quitting out after any load. Thanks everyone for bearing with me!

Edited by rpc9943
clarification

44 minutes ago, rpc9943 said:

Sorry looks like quoting on my phone browser screws up my replies.

C-beats thanks I think I gave all of the information possible in my posts, I didn't think you were being rude :)

Jason carr thank you for having the patience to see this. If it is the dot emu apps they were fine before the previous 2 beta release of launchbox. They may have the same error on the other dot emu apps. Sorry if this was trouble.

I tried the master gear again with the latest beta and it's still quitting out after any load. Thanks everyone for bearing with me!

I was able to replicate the same issues with the 1.4 official release of LaunchBox, so it definitely wasn't a new issue, unless it had to do with an update to the emulators. Regardless, it should be fixed for all the .emu emulators (if any of the other ones have the same issue).

Master Gear is working fine for us in our testing, but we're testing on Android 12. There may be issues with the emulator on previous versions of Android, or with previous versions of the emulator.

Thanks Jason confirmed the looping issue, is totally gone! Maybe it was the dot emu apps no idea. But either way thanks! Unfortunately master gear isn't loading, darn. But either way I appreciate this app thanks for addressing everything!!!

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 12:58 PM, Jason Carr said:

We just put out the official 1.5 release, so hopefully all of the above issues are actually solved. Let me know if anyone runs into any additional issues.

@Jason Carr Everything seems to be working well now. I will let you know if any other issues come up. Thanks for being on top of these issues. 

• Like 1

LaunchBox for Android 1.6-beta-1 is out now with the following:

• Platforms are now automatically sorted by manufacturer, console type, and release date by automatically populating the platform Sort Title fields

• Platform metadata can now be edited by choosing Edit Metadata from the platform details menu (including the Sort Title to re-arrange)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox for Android 1.6-beta-1 is out now with the following:

• Platforms are now automatically sorted by manufacturer, console type, and release date by automatically populating the platform Sort Title fields

• Platform metadata can now be edited by choosing Edit Metadata from the platform details menu (including the Sort Title to re-arrange)

I'm having problems I click on install and then it'll say not found