LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch install error

mschoneman

12 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright, beta 2 is out now which I'm hoping will fix the issue for people. Please let me know. See my post further up in this thread if you need help updating to the beta release.

@cleverest @ospideyo @mschoneman @mauley @elyria @slider6996

Yes! Beta 2 has fixed the issue for me. Retroarch downloads and extracts successfully now. Thanks!

• Game On 1

2 minutes ago, slider6996 said:

New beta does fix the install of retro but the only thing is it wont launch the game, i do just like in youtube video and select auto config and bios and once ps1 game is done and retro installing i click to play and it dont launch, but it does install fine and no errors. 

Are you able to run RetroArch manually?

1 minute ago, slider6996 said:

I can right click on ps1 game and go to open retro arch and it does open Retro fine without issue but no game launch, just main menu of retro

Okay, then most likely there's an issue either with the BIOS file, or with the ROMs. I would first try importing a different platform (an easy one like NES) to see if that works. If so, it's probably just an issue with the ROMs or BIOS file. Also, if you reinstall RetroArch (using the menu item), currently it will remove all BIOS files. So you may need to re-place that BIOS file into the RetroArch system folder.

Just now, Jason Carr said:

Okay, then most likely there's an issue either with the BIOS file, or with the ROMs. I would first try importing a different platform (an easy one like NES) to see if that works. If so, it's probably just an issue with the ROMs or BIOS file. Also, if you reinstall RetroArch (using the menu item), currently it will remove all BIOS files. So you may need to re-place that BIOS file into the RetroArch system folder.

Alright will do, after i right clicked it just now though and opened Retro manually, i went to the game in Retro to load it manually with a core i selected and game does load fine that way for the record but ill try fresh install again with new list again. 

4 minutes ago, slider6996 said:

Alright will do, after i right clicked it just now though and opened Retro manually, i went to the game in Retro to load it manually with a core i selected and game does load fine that way for the record but ill try fresh install again with new list again. 

Did you specify which core you actually want to use to launch the game?

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Did you specify which core you actually want to use to launch the game?

Ya i had to choose the core to make it launch manually, i did just redo a single SNES game though and it worked just like in video, i think me already having the PS1 game in a section is maybe causing the issue so im backing up my folder ( gonna take a bit ) and remove ps1 games from install area and try again as i think that might be issue as thats what i did with snes as its smaller size didnt take long so will report back once i get done. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to give update, my theory was right. I already had a sony ps1 setup installed forever ago that i use but i think me trying to use a game from that for a new folder wasnt playing happy with retro so i removed my ps1 game folder and then pretended was a new install of ps1 backup roms and it worked just like in video so we are good, i may have to do that for all my current rom installs but its no biggy really, will be worth it so ty again sir :)

• Like 1

Not sure if it`s linked to the issues in this thread but when clicking on tools, manage, update it`s overwritten my already existing retroarch installation (...\emulators\retroarch) and now wont launch at all, even manually in windows explorer... Should i remove that folder for retroarch, perform a small rom import to kick off the retroarch installation and see what happens?

Cheers,

1 minute ago, Retro666 said:

Not sure if it`s linked to the issues in this thread but when clicking on tools, manage, update it`s overwritten my already existing retroarch installation (...\emulators\retroarch) and now wont launch at all, even manually in windows explorer... Should i remove that folder for retroarch, perform a small rom import to kick off the retroarch installation and see what happens?

Cheers,

Make sure you're on version 12.3, as that should fix any issues like this. We haven't yet found any related issues on 12.3+.

Let us know if you're already on 12.3. Regardless, to fix it, you should be able to just remove your RetroArch emulator from LaunchBox and then go to Tools > Manage > RetroArch > Install.

• Like 1