LaunchBox Community Forums

2 hours ago, Potwizz said:

Hey! I am loving the theme!
But is there a reason that no description is shown for any games when I use this particular theme? I tried switching themes, but the descriptions appear on those without problems.
Secondly, is it possible to hide the title and developer text underneath each game image that I have highlighted, since I like just having the images showing.

big_details_no_description.PNG

When you right click the game and edit does it actually have any details in the "Notes" section in the metadata screen?

On 7/6/2022 at 2:05 PM, KyuArchive said:

Just discovered this theme.

Sooo very good, well done.

A quick question if I may, I assume I can adjust the xml file to add the gameplay video to appear on the main details page without having to click the media button?

I'd like to just have it play at the right hand side of the banner\details area.   

Could you post the xml if you manage this?

This is what i'm after and tried to do it but failed miserably lol

5 hours ago, KyuArchive said:

Didn't even get close.

I really only use LB to manage my BB, so I'm not that stressed.

media 1.png

How did you move the video to the right?

I want to have the media and overview on the same tab but couldn't even move them left or right lol.  Im the same as you i only use LB to mange things so having multple things on one tab would help immensely.

Thats what i was aiming for https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/65622-big-details/?do=findComment&comment=414435

Edited by PaulyC

5 hours ago, PaulyC said:

How did you move the video to the right?

I want to have the media and overview on the same tab but couldn't even move them left or right lol.  Im the same as you i only use LB to mange things so having multple things on one tab would help immensely.

Thats what i was aiming for https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/65622-big-details/?do=findComment&comment=414435

Just change this "Center" to "Right" should do it.

Probably the wrong way but it achieved what was in the screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Edited by KyuArchive

10 hours ago, KyuArchive said:

Just change this "Center" to "Right" should do it.

Probably the wrong way but it achieved what was in the screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Cool, It’s the grids that confuse me.  I tried to copy and paste the whole media section into the info section but it didn’t work.  
I’ll have another go at it later.

On 7/9/2022 at 6:41 PM, pasomas said:

Awesome theme thank you faeran. I am waiting to be fixed the loss of the column spacing when coosing list without images.

Thank you!

This is actually working as intended. I purposefully disabled horizontal scrolling, but the side-effect of that is you can only have so many columns listed at once. You must right click the headers and uncheck the columns you don't want to see until the list is manageable.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VincentAllInOne said:

Forgive my newness. This download is a different look for Launchbox giving it more functions? Still need retroarch for the the addition of games?

This is just a theme, so not really any new features, just a different look and layout. It does contain a play button, if you consider that a feature.

Just in case you don't know, you can download this theme from within LaunchBox by going into Tools > Manage LaunchBox Themes

• 2 months later...

This theme was updated to 1.6, and fully supports the new features in 12.15, including Platform Details and the Manage Installations features. It also comes with some extra goodies, like a button to play your last played and most played game within the category, platform, or playlist you are in, along with a Play Random Game button that will instantly launch a playable game (it won't try and launch a Windows game you don't have installed, for example) within your given section.

This can be downloaded here on the forums, or within the LaunchBox Themes Manager.

7 hours ago, faeran said:

This theme was updated to 1.6, and fully supports the new features in 12.15, including Platform Details and the Manage Installations features. It also comes with some extra goodies, like a button to play your last played and most played game within the category, platform, or playlist you are in, along with a Play Random Game button that will instantly launch a playable game (it won't try and launch a Windows game you don't have installed, for example) within your given section.

This can be downloaded here on the forums, or within the LaunchBox Themes Manager.

Nice! I downloaded it!

Also, is there any way possible to disable these following buttons:

- last played

- play random

Edited by AsiagoPizza

• 3 weeks later...

I am completely lost when it comes to editing the placement of certain things in the game details view.

My goal is to get all of the buttons in the lower left (Home, Media, etc) to the top left.

As well as the achievements in the bottom right to the top right.

That way I can condense the width of launch box as a whole and not have elements in game details overlap each other and look as clean as possible.

Any Idea on how I can accomplish this?

28 minutes ago, boylag said:

I am completely lost when it comes to editing the placement of certain things in the game details view.

My goal is to get all of the buttons in the lower left (Home, Media, etc) to the top left.

As well as the achievements in the bottom right to the top right.

That way I can condense the width of launch box as a whole and not have elements in game details overlap each other and look as clean as possible.

Any Idea on how I can accomplish this?

It's possible. There are badges that appear in the top right, you'll have to decide what you want to do with them.

I can't remember exactly how I coded it all, but it's possible you just need to change the alignment to the parent containers, and potentially adjust the margins.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I've been trying to use your theme as it seems pretty cool, but ever since i downloaded it through tools, it won't let me edit any games, or rather, it will delete any information i edit onto them.

When you first try to edit something, everything seems fine as it will allow you to put in any information as you normally would and it will even show up with all the correct information when looking at it after finishing the edit.

But if I then try to switch from genre to series in top left or just between different genres as an example, and then switch back again to previous page, all information put in will have disappeared from the edited game.

This only seems to be an issue on your theme, as I am free to edit however I wish on other themes/default without anything like that happening.

Any chance you can help me out with this? I'd really like to use this theme.

Edited by Lemies

3 minutes ago, Lemies said:

Hey there, I've been trying to use your theme as it seems pretty cool, but ever since i downloaded it through tools, it won't let me edit any games, or rather, it will delete any information i edit onto them.

When you first try to edit something, everything seems fine as it will allow you to put in any information as you normally would and it will even show up with all the correct information when looking at it after finishing the edit.

But if I then try to switch from genre to series in top left or just between different genres as an example, and then switch back to again to previous page, all information put in will have disappeared from the edited game.

This only seems to be an issue on your theme, as I am free to edit however I wish on other themes/default without anything like that happening.

Any chance you can help me out with this? I'd really like to use this theme.

So, a theme can't technically affect this. This sounds more like you have something fishy going on with your data files. I would check in your LaunchBox\Data\Platforms folder and make sure you only see one file per platform. Anything more and you will run into the issue you are describing.