LaunchBox Community Forums

On 5/30/2023 at 6:48 PM, tparker said:

What code should I edit so that it only uses the "banner" images and not the one for the backgrounds? I want to use the banner for lauchbox and the bacground for bigbox

aaaaa.png

I checked the code and the way that it's implemented means you'd have to alter multiple points in the code for it to work properly. If you'd like, you can PM me and I can try and work through it with you when I get some time.

30 minutes ago, l.strain said:

the installation process of having a folder within in a folder in the .zip could be deterring people from using this... I had to look through this forum thread in order to get it to work, I tried to use this a good while back and thought it was broken!

It's recommended to download this theme from within LaunchBox itself using the Manage LaunchBox Theme's window.

The way the forums work is that I don't put Big Details in a folder within a folder. What users usually do is get the zip program to extract into a new folder not realizing it's already in a folder itself, which causes the confusion for a percentage of users that don't realize it's doing that. There may also be issues with needing to unblock the file (and its contents itself). Both are common things users do need to learn when dealing with downloading theme files here, or just downloading certain files from the internet. It's why it's easier to recommend to get it from within LaunchBox :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, faeran said:

I checked the code and the way that it's implemented means you'd have to alter multiple points in the code for it to work properly. If you'd like, you can PM me and I can try and work through it with you when I get some time.

It's recommended to download this theme from within LaunchBox itself using the Manage LaunchBox Theme's window.

The way the forums work is that I don't put Big Details in a folder within a folder. What users usually do is get the zip program to extract into a new folder not realizing it's already in a folder itself, which causes the confusion for a percentage of users that don't realize it's doing that. There may also be issues with needing to unblock the file (and its contents itself). Both are common things users do need to learn when dealing with downloading theme files here, or just downloading certain files from the internet. It's why it's easier to recommend to get it from within LaunchBox :)

I did not know that was a function within launchbox so thanks for the quick reply 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, faeran said:

Yes, but you would have to create a custom theme and add the code for the video into it.

Would that be as easy as copying this theme and adding the new lines in?
Also, how do I activate the 3D box on the right like other people did? Mine doesn't have it.

Just now, 5thWolf said:

Would that be as easy as copying this theme and adding the new lines in?
Also, how do I activate the 3D box on the right like other people did? Mine doesn't have it.

Yeah, it should be that easy.

The 3D Model adheres to your Game Details user setting. Check in Options > Visuals > Game Details and make sure Show 3D Model is turned on.

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2023 at 6:54 PM, 5thWolf said:

Anyone willing to help add video preview in the right corner and move the 3D box to the left? :)

If you discover a way to do it, please let me know. I think it could be great

I will be trying to do what you asked, but don't really know how to program, so I will be changing values trying to get it to work.

If I'm lucky I will post what I get

• Thanks 1

Anyone know why this website is emended in the code for GameDetailsView.xaml???
It points to some Singapore furniture store or something.
If you remove it or replace it with something like google.com it breaks the theme.

image.thumb.png.8b87be003f35dd8584d3bbe1a8a5f12c.pngimage.thumb.png.1505695706a709a47f3ca53e7319fc9b.png

Edited by 5thWolf

25 minutes ago, 5thWolf said:

Anyone know why this website is emended in the code for GameDetailsView.xaml???

It's a reference to Caliburn.Micro which is a library we use for to help facilitate a MVVM workflow inside of LaunchBox. If you search for "cal:" (without quotes) in that same file you'll see everything that is referencing it in that view. Typically it's used to make an element call a function in the code that standard WPF can't do just in XAML files.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/22/2023 at 5:30 AM, SolarisSpell said:

If you discover a way to do it, please let me know. I think it could be great

I will be trying to do what you asked, but don't really know how to program, so I will be changing values trying to get it to work.

If I'm lucky I will post what I get

Just checking if you ever had any success at all. Still think it would be amazing!
Maybe look over the second tab that has all the screenshots and video and see if it help put it into the first main tab. I can't make out where the separate tabs are in the code.

On 10/1/2023 at 10:07 PM, 5thWolf said:

Just checking if you ever had any success at all. Still think it would be amazing!
Maybe look over the second tab that has all the screenshots and video and see if it help put it into the first main tab. I can't make out where the separate tabs are in the code.

Hi 5thWolf

I have not been able to get the video to display on the front page. Not even close.

I was able to move the 3D box to the left side rather than the right, but then instead of doing the animation of appearing from outside the screen it appeared from the middle. I was trying to change that, but still the box has a diagonal tilt in the 3D effect that looks good for its right position but it looks inverted to the left and I couldn't change that anymore.

So in the end I kept it with the original design.

Right now I switch between BigDetails, Omni or BigBox depending on which screen I use. BigDetails fits well with the SteamDeck because of the size I use. Omni works better for me with larger screens. If they are smaller I lose information. And I turn to BigBox when I feel like exploring the collection to discover something I'm going to start new.

Edited by SolarisSpell
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 12:07 PM, SolarisSpell said:

Hi 5thWolf

I have not been able to get the video to display on the front page. Not even close.

I was able to move the 3D box to the left side rather than the right, but then instead of doing the animation of appearing from outside the screen it appeared from the middle. I was trying to change that, but still the box has a diagonal tilt in the 3D effect that looks good for its right position but it looks inverted to the left and I couldn't change that anymore.

So in the end I kept it with the original design.

Right now I switch between BigDetails, Omni or BigBox depending on which screen I use. BigBox fits well with the SteamDeck because of the size I use. Omni works better for me with larger screens. If they are smaller I lose information. And I turn to BigBox when I feel like exploring the collection to discover something I'm going to start new.

Awesome job though, much further then I got. I wouldn't work anytime I tried to change any of it. I am still trying to see how the second tab that has the video looks so I can maybe copy the code over. I just can't seem to find it though.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! Love the theme. Wondering if anyone could help point me to where in the code I would go to edit the following parameters? I’m trying to condense everything as much as possible in order to get the most out of my display by removing ad much dead space possible. Thanks!

IMG_1265.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Goobis said:

Hello! Love the theme. Wondering if anyone could help point me to where in the code I would go to edit the following parameters? I’m trying to condense everything as much as possible in order to get the most out of my display by removing ad much dead space possible. Thanks!

IMG_1265.jpeg

Check inside of BoxesContentView.xaml. It should all be in there somewhere.