LaunchBox Community Forums

On 12/26/2022 at 7:05 AM, Retrofrogg said:

What's the setting in the code for the rounded corners?

Rounded corners is a property called "CornerRadius" (without quotes). Doesn't work on a lot of controls natively though as it's a Border property. Most of the time you will see it on Borders.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 4:22 AM, andyidel said:

how do i change the image background in the header, what type of image does it use?

by the way, love the theme 😉

Skærmbillede 2023-01-15 102018.png

It uses your Background image group.

Basically, whatever image types you have listed in Tools > Options > Media > Background Priorities

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, TerryX said:

can this theme be scaled to fit 1280x720 screen sine portable handheld pc device is on the rise. 

If I had to guess, it probably does work, but not sure if it does it gracefully.

I ran a quick test on one of my monitors and it seems okay. Everything fits, and you can resize the game details panel and the box sizes and such. It's not perfect, but it does seem to work okay.

13 hours ago, faeran said:

If I had to guess, it probably does work, but not sure if it does it gracefully.

I ran a quick test on one of my monitors and it seems okay. Everything fits, and you can resize the game details panel and the box sizes and such. It's not perfect, but it does seem to work okay.

how do I resize it and also save the layout so it doesn't reset back to default when I open it the next time? great work on the theme, is there something like this for bigbox? 

8 hours ago, TerryX said:

how do I resize it and also save the layout so it doesn't reset back to default when I open it the next time? great work on the theme, is there something like this for bigbox? 

Any changes to the interface that you make will save the next time you close LaunchBox. LaunchBox runs a whole bunch of shutdown processes when you close it out, and your layout is one of them.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, wooshaq said:

Is there any chance to get it to work on 12.9? When I try to use it on this version I get a bunch of orro boxes (which I cannot read since all are blank) and app crashes.

There's a lot of changes to this theme that requires newer versions of LaunchBox to function. You can try and use older versions of the theme and see which version ends up working for you. The download page on the forums has the ability to choose different versions to download down where the changelog is listed.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Acethor said:

@faeran Is there any way to adjust the position of the clear logo?

Lots of ways, however, all of them would require you to dig into the code and move it to where you want.

If you want to adventure in, I can try and help guide you in how to do it.

5 hours ago, faeran said:

Lots of ways, however, all of them would require you to dig into the code and move it to where you want.

If you want to adventure in, I can try and help guide you in how to do it.

Could you? I'm still on the fence over whether it's a good idea since it does seem to look better when aligned in the middle along with the other elements. Kinda just want to see how it looks with the logo over on the far left side or possibly bottom left corner (similar to Steam), right above the home and media buttons. 

Screenshot attached for reference. 

1607568068_Screenshot2023-05-12081040.png

29 minutes ago, Acethor said:

Could you? I'm still on the fence over whether it's a good idea since it does seem to look better when aligned in the middle along with the other elements. Kinda just want to see how it looks with the logo over on the far left side or possibly bottom left corner (similar to Steam), right above the home and media buttons. 

Screenshot attached for reference. 

1607568068_Screenshot2023-05-12081040.png

You'll want to open the following file: LaunchBox\LBThemes\Big Details\Views\GameDetailsView.xaml

Find the following line:

<Viewbox Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="1" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" RenderTransformOrigin="0.5 0.5">

Change the following:

Grid.Row="0"

HorizontalAlignment="Left"

That should give you an idea on how you think it looks.

• 2 weeks later...

Faeran, good job on this theme. I made this my desktop default. But 2 questions.

1) Is there a way to have the 3D box skewed so the title spine is visible like static 3d image looks?

2) Can a video window be placed on the left side. It would be really cool if it was also skewed.

16 hours ago, noMADx469 said:

1) Is there a way to have the 3D box skewed so the title spine is visible like static 3d image looks?

If you mean having it rotated to the left spine side by default for the 3D Model that's located on the home page, that's a coding change you'd have to make to the theme. If you click on it, it allows you to move it in any direction you'd like.

16 hours ago, noMADx469 said:

2) Can a video window be placed on the left side. It would be really cool if it was also skewed.

This would be another coding change, but it should be possible.

I won't be adding the changes to the main Big Details theme, but anyone is free to do so and create their own version of it :)

the installation process of having a folder within in a folder in the .zip could be deterring people from using this... I had to look through this forum thread in order to get it to work, I tried to use this a good while back and thought it was broken!

Edited by l.strain