LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Games Database Updates for March 1st, 2023

Jason Carr

Hey all, we've been working behind the scenes on significant updates to the LaunchBox Games Database website. Most of the changes we've been working on are backend things that will allow us to better develop new features in the future, but there are some changes and fixes that you should notice with this update:

• Slightly better search results
  • Much faster search
  • Better URLs and SEO
  • Slightly better performance all around
  • Slightly better performance with moderation (though it can be better yet and we're still working on it)
  • Fixed all known issues with data not updating after approved (such as game and image deletions not working, etc.)
  • Fixed all known issues with duplicate games being added

Thanks for bearing with us on some of these issues, as I know some of them have been around for a long time, such as the deletion bugs. As a moderator or contributor, if you are used to doing anything special as the result of these previous bugs, please refrain from doing those things in the future. Generally, we don't want workarounds like that at all, and especially not now that the issues are fixed.

If you run into any new or additional bugs, please let us know in this thread. We've tested this build to the moon and back, so we're rather confident in it, but we also changed a lot of code, so it's possible that there might be something we missed somewhere or other. We can use this thread to discuss any remaining issues.

However, let's not discuss feature requests here, please. Now that we've finally updated the website to the latest technologies and fixed the issues, we're very excited to add new features. We also have a complete re-theme coming here very soon. Thanks all!

• Thanks 4
  • Game On 2
  • The Cake is a Lie 3
  • Unusual Gem 2

I can't login into the database. I received this message:

Please verify your email address in the message we sent you before signing in. If you need another email message, please use the Forgot Password option.

I need to wait the update is completed?

4 minutes ago, Fabricio said:

I can't login into the database. I received this message:

Please verify your email address in the message we sent you before signing in. If you need another email message, please use the Forgot Password option.

I need to wait the update is completed?

That's probably because your email was never verified. Please use the forgot password tool, which will send you an email, and get you all squared away.

11 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

Tried moderating a couple. It worked well for a minute or two, now it seems to be hanging up on each entry and I have to reload the page

Moderation does still take a bit sometimes. It's best to wait it out and not refresh the page. We're working on improving the performance there. It's not hung up though. Edit: Apologies, I should clarify. I don't *think* it's getting hung up, but I could be wrong. It's also possible that there are some issues that remain from the previous moderation queue that came in before we fixed the issues in this update, so that could also be the cause.

1 hour ago, Jakatsu said:

Region is displayed as a number.

image.thumb.png.d7c555fb50401d3b21ff8eac3349b16c.png

37 minutes ago, IainSA said:

I came across a similar example. Someone submitted a region change from 26 to 6 with no mention of which number corresponds to which region.

I think this is an issue with how the regions are displayed (using the key instead of the name), not with how the submissions are working. I'll get that fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Prince Unfortunately I had to delete your comment. It was not your fault at all. RULLUR, who's since been banned, changed his name to something vulgar and then liked the post, and unfortunately that was the only way to remove the vulgarity from the forums. I understand your issue though. How many pages of entries did you used to have in your Changes Status? Edit: Also, what is your gamer tag on the games database?

On 3/3/2023 at 2:38 PM, daygoshen said:

image.thumb.png.ebe75ccb2083a29367d85ed5fac6b8c5.png

the "REMOVE" option?

That definitely needs added. The My Collection features have never really been fleshed out very well, mostly because they were not popular back when that feature was built years and years ago. Regardless, I should hopefully be able to add that here soon.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

@Prince Unfortunately I had to delete your comment. It was not your fault at all. RULLUR, who's since been banned, changed his name to something vulgar and then liked the post, and unfortunately that was the only way to remove the vulgarity from the forums. I understand your issue though. How many pages of entries did you used to have in your Changes Status? Edit: Also, what is your gamer tag on the games database?

Really appreciate your kind reply ,  I can fully understand that .

I have about 5 pages with added 1 game I did it entirely by my self included everything  .

that's the game I added  . 

Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 3: La Pucelle: Ragnarok / Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/dbid/217935/