LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.3 Released!

faeran

Version 13.3 - Released April 24, 2023

Full Changelog: https://www.launchbox-app.com/about/changelog

• New Feature: LaunchBox will now optionally sync your game statistics to the cloud and sync them between your installations using your LaunchBox Games Database account. If enabled, your Favorites, Completed, Last Played, Play Time, Play Count, and Star Rating fields will be synced. You can enable this under Tools > Cloud > Enable Game Statistics Syncing after connecting to the LaunchBox Games Database (also in the Cloud menu).
  • New Feature: 3D model overrides can now be set on a game-specific basis using the Add/Edit Game window
  • Improvement: Import processes have been significantly improved for Nintendo Wii U and Sony Playstation 3 platforms, which should now properly identify the game's name when importing
  • Improvement: LaunchBox has now been upgraded to .NET 6.0 (from .NET Core 3.1), and no longer requires a separate .NET framework install in order to function
  • Improvement: The included hashing application from RetroAchievements.org has been upgraded to better identify Retro Achievements for games that use CHD files
  • Improvement: Scanning for Nintendo DS achievements should now yield better results
  • Improvement: The ROM import wizard now does a better job parsing folders that contain a game with multiple BIN track files
  • Improvement: The update notification popup that used to come up on startup (when background updates are disabled) has been changed to a notification instead, primarily to prevent window focus issues on startup
  • Improvement: Scanning for achievements now works with M3U files
  • Improvement: LaunchBox plugins now have the ability to add nested menu items in the game context menu (for plugin developers)
  • Improvement: The visibility binding AchievementScoreVisibility for the Retro Score element has been adjusted to now collapse if turned off or unable to display in LaunchBox (for theme developers)
  • Improvement: A new visibility binding (ModelVisibility) for 3D Models has been added to the MainView in LaunchBox (for theme developers)
  • Fixed: Star ratings in the Game Details pane were not always being submitted to the cloud
  • Fixed: The Retro Achievements window was unable to fetch information due to changes with the RetroAchievements.org API
  • Fixed: The Audit window was improperly sorting the Box - Spine column
  • Fixed: The Games tab in the Playlist window was refreshing when attempting to click on a game in the grid, if your list was populated via the Auto-Populate Playlist feature
  • Fixed: In rare cases, the games view inside of LaunchBox was not refreshing properly if the selected sidebar item wasn't visible in the list
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Game On 2

Sorry my total noobish

I have linked my DB to my LB

and I have enabled game statistic sync and clicked on Sync to my collection (I see that it updates only games that have an ID in the DB, right?)

Now have I finished? From now on it is automatic?

When I add a new game...I have to update the DB clicking on Sync to my collection again?

Thank you

26 minutes ago, xevious1974 said:

Sorry my total noobish

I have linked my DB to my LB

and I have enabled game statistic sync and clicked on Sync to my collection (I see that it updates only games that have an ID in the DB, right?)

Now have I finished? From now on it is automatic?

When I add a new game...I have to update the DB clicking on Sync to my collection again?

Thank you

You are correct that syncing only works for games with a database ID associated to them. Once enabled sync should occur automatically and not require you to do anything for it to work. You can manually attempt to sync your collection using the indicator inside of LaunchBox, but shouldn't be required most of the time.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

ScummVM is actually currently on version 2.7, but the ScummVM version pushed in your Launchbox updates is still ScummVM version 2.2, which is now two years old.  If I have ScummVM version 2.7 installed (located in the ThirdParty folder), when a Launchbox update takes place, the Launchbox update automatically retroactively pushes me back to ScummVM version 2.2, and then half of my games don't work anymore.  I discovered this quite by accident over the last week when I realized many of my games suddenly did not work.

When you guys push updates, I was wondering if you could help the community out by doing one of two things:

1. Include the latest ScummVM version in with your update.  ScummVM does not update very often, maybe a few times a year, if that, so this might be feasible to make sure you are grabbing the latest and greatest.

or

2. Include a dialog box warning before the Launchbox update stating that ScummVM.exe is being pushed back to version 2.2, along with a user option to cancel the update.

Or maybe there is a better option I'm not thinking of.  I'm sure I'm not the only person who this has happened to, so a "solution" of, "Just choose don't update Launchbox in the Launchbox options", probably isn't the best solution for long term that will fit for everyone, otherwise this will just keep happening to other people who aren't aware of it.

If there is a better location to post this so that it will gain the attention of the developers, please let me know and I will post there instead.

Thank you for your help.