LaunchBox Community Forums

Mini Consoles Theme - RetroSai Nostalgia - Form over Function

Saieno

Loving this theme! I'm just having one issue with PC games not generating the game art? Every other console works fine, all art shows. With my Steam, Epic, etc. games maybe two show up and the rest are all black boxes. They all show up fine in LaunchBox desktop mode. Not sure what's causing that!

Screenshot2024-05-22195634.thumb.png.8e05fb2fc3b16b0f095f9604022a5ac2.png image.thumb.png.3883689ce397de0da8a9578effecf8c7.png

Just now, JerichoGenerico said:

Loving this theme! I'm just having one issue with PC games not generating the game art? Every other console works fine, all art shows. With my Steam, Epic, etc. games maybe two show up and the rest are all black boxes. They all show up fine in LaunchBox desktop mode. Not sure what's causing that!

Screenshot2024-05-22195634.thumb.png.8e05fb2fc3b16b0f095f9604022a5ac2.png image.thumb.png.3883689ce397de0da8a9578effecf8c7.png

Hello @JerichoGenerico! Within LaunchBox, when you right click a game and edit it, for the Images, what does it say the type of Box Art is? If it comes up as simply "Box Front" then you should be good. Within BigBox you can go to options and refresh all images; that should update the cache.

13 minutes ago, Saieno said:

Hello @JerichoGenerico! Within LaunchBox, when you right click a game and edit it, for the Images, what does it say the type of Box Art is? If it comes up as simply "Box Front" then you should be good. Within BigBox you can go to options and refresh all images; that should update the cache.

Ah, got it. That's the issue, they all have Steam Posters, but not Box Front. Thank you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JerichoGenerico said:

Ah, got it. That's the issue, they all have Steam Posters, but not Box Front. Thank you!

No problem! An easy fix for that is to just move all the art from within Steam Posters to the Box Front folder. And you should be good to go!

On 5/22/2024 at 9:17 PM, Saieno said:

No problem! An easy fix for that is to just move all the art from within Steam Posters to the Box Front folder. And you should be good to go!

Sounds like you may be using a specific image type in your coverflow instead of using an image group. There's a few different ways you can fix this in your code. PM me if you'd like to learn.

Posted (edited)

New version released, with much requested Sega CD Longboxes and Philips CD-i Platform theme.

v2.2.2

• Added Sega CD alternate view, Horizontal View 2, which features North American Longboxes.
    • Make sure to set your region for the game correctly for the box art you have.
    • North America region will show Long Boxes.
    • Mega CD does not have this alternate view.

SegaCDLongboxes.thumb.png.89964798f2a3164dedd9f6e932afade6.png

Video Demonstration

Edited by Saieno

Accidentally uploaded a non-final work-in-progress version of the Philip CD-i theme, this has been corrected with version v2.2.2-1

• Added new Platform View for long requested Philips CD-i.
    • It's based on the Philips CD-i 1.0 Shell

PhilpsCD-i.thumb.png.3b0e460af2f86d5b98de05d75e83bdcf.pngPhilpsCD-iGameDetails.thumb.png.5b211d65a1742e5975fa89259a31f00b.png

• If a game has a video, it will automatically fade in while in the Game Details screen.

PhilpsCD-iGameDetails2.thumb.png.ddad70789a8e6bc4778839819156faf7.png

• As usual, pushing up or down while in the Game Details screen will show additional details and the Game Details menu.

PhilpsCD-iGameDetailsWindow.thumb.png.ee2d4af448c1e7a786b119962a1baa1e.png

On 2/3/2024 at 1:23 PM, Saieno said:

Are you running launchbox on an external drive by chance? There was a post in this thread that had a similar issue and it seemed to be caused by a known issue regarding external drives and LaunchBox.

I have the same error in Wii, Wii U and 3DS. The others views is OK, Wall, and coverflow, but the principal no, but in ds  and Switch works fine. Im use External HDD too, is posible a solution?

In Xbox360 have a error and the program change the view to similar colofur theme

This theme have a intro video, startup theme and pause theme?

And the last question, in the plataforms video can see various consoles, but when open the program i can see the consoles 1 by 1 similar a colorful theme(that i like) but is normal?

thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 7:37 AM, hsycr1 said:

I have the same error in Wii, Wii U and 3DS. The others views is OK, Wall, and coverflow, but the principal no, but in ds  and Switch works fine. Im use External HDD too, is posible a solution?

In Xbox360 have a error and the program change the view to similar colofur theme

This theme have a intro video, startup theme and pause theme?

And the last question, in the plataforms video can see various consoles, but when open the program i can see the consoles 1 by 1 similar a colorful theme(that i like) but is normal?

thanks!!

The External HDD issue is a known issue, I've not run into that issue myself but its been discussed and resolved by others in this thread you can review.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the Xbox 360 error, if you can provide more information that can help.

I use my own intro video which I have not published, but I do not have a theme specific startup or pause theme.

Yes the video that shows the theme is old and shows an older version of the theme. The COLORFUL style presentation is newer and should be correct.

Edited by Saieno

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2024 at 2:42 AM, Saieno said:

The External HDD issue is a known issue, I've not run into that issue myself but its been discussed and resolved by others in this thread you can review.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the Xbox 360 error, if you can provide more information that can help.

I use my own intro video which I have not published, but I do not have a theme specific startup or pause theme.

Yes the video that shows the theme is old and shows an older version of the theme. The COLORFUL style presentation is newer and should be correct.

This is the Xbox 360 error Horizontal 1 Wheel view.

The External HDD issue i cant found the discussed for view the solutions, sorry. But the others generic views works fine

error.png

On 7/6/2024 at 4:12 PM, hsycr1 said:

This is the Xbox 360 error Horizontal 1 Wheel view.

The External HDD issue i cant found the discussed for view the solutions, sorry. But the others generic views works fine

Is your platform “Microsoft Xbox 360” or “Xbox 360”? Both have different platform themes (one is blades one is metro). You can try changing the platform name to “Xbox 360” to see if that one works better for you.

New version release, which adds the Nokia N-Gage platform.

v2.2.3

• Added Nokia N-Gage Platform View

NokiaN-Gage.thumb.png.1a62256bbffe271c3cc7ad38a9b4e92f.pngNokiaN-GageGameDetails.thumb.png.08d89d887f40a204536f354eae04f7ca.pngNokiaN-GageGameDetailsList.thumb.png.9df967ecdd6fb6a8d84f564a0eeba97c.png

Video Demonstration

• Adjusted the Cart animation for the following Platforms:
    • Atari Lynx
    • Sega GameGear
    • WonderSwan
    • WonderSwan Color
  • Adjusted the Game Title text for the following Platforms:
    • Commodore Amiga
    • Commodore CD32
      • Also adjusted the background screenshot for the CD32

• Like 1

New version release, which adds the NEC PC-FX and SEGA SG-1000 Platforms.

v2.2.5

• Added NEC PC-FX Platform, designed to fit with the existing NEC mini console themes:

NECPC-FX.thumb.png.cc089f2d7476a866749be4ec4ec51eb4.pngNECPC-FXGameDetails.thumb.png.cd8f5f30568efe7fa73d15e68a476d5d.pngNECPC-FXGameDetailsList.thumb.png.e94eb1af942568cdf42a98eea17fcd97.png

• Added Sega SG-1000 Platform, designed to fit with the existing SEGA mini console themes
    • Support for Carts and Card Games. To display appropriately, add "Card Media." at the end of the Metadata Notes section for each card game.

SegaSG-1000Cart.thumb.png.609b9956cdd0fffe406c98c17cfb2536.pngSegaSG-1000Card.thumb.png.02b9181b183bbec179820fe5cb0e08a2.pngSegaSG-1000GameDetails.thumb.png.5d3f54da04dd8ba4bc0d485155d30558.pngSegaSG-1000GameDetailsList.thumb.png.2b226fe168da65fc83fd3b6dff1d87c1.png

Video Demonstration

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been Using this theme for a while, and since recently I have an Issue where background music and videos doesn't play, I don't know if it has something to do with that the Windows Media Player is not accessible anymore for big box, if someone has a fix for that let me know

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DragoonDemon4 said:

Hi, I've been Using this theme for a while, and since recently I have an Issue where background music and videos doesn't play, I don't know if it has something to do with that the Windows Media Player is not accessible anymore for big box, if someone has a fix for that let me know

Hey @DragoonDemon4 , that seems a little more like a BigBox issue rather than a theme issue, but I could be wrong. What have you tried in terms of troubleshooting? Have you tried the VLC player instead of the WMP?

Edited by Saieno