LaunchBox Community Forums

Splashscreen Video when start a game - Request and question.

retrospace

Hi everyone, Retrospace here.

I would like to know about the possibility of having the BigBOX option to run a LoadScreen in video when running a game on a platform.

For arcade cabinets, it would be perfect.

I created and shared here in the Community at the link below several Splashscreen videos to make our LB even more beautiful, but there is no such native function in LB/BB for this type of content.

I would like to know if it is possible and what do you think about this feature?

This is my job on Community with Splascreen Video. Will be great if we can use it as Loadscreen  Video on start a Game.

714533856_FINALTELAYOUTUBE.gif.31bf09950

9 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Unless I am really misunderstanding what you are asking this has been possible for several years now. 

We have a bunch of themes that can show a splashscreen as the game is loading showing a range of items like videos, game details, and even controller layouts. 

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/31-startup-themes/

I already know about that, BUt I said only a unique PLatform video instead of we already have.  I mean, a .mp4 or .mkw file as the one I´ve put as example above.

2 minutes ago, retrospace said:

I already know about that, BUt I said only a unique PLatform video instead of we already have.  I mean, a .mp4 or .mkw file as the one I´ve put as example above.

Yes, as he said, this is already possible and has been for several years.

1 hour ago, retrospace said:

That is what I figured you were asking and my point still stands that this is already possible. I made one for myself that plays the console boot up video or if a platform does not have one plays a platform specific video. 

If you looked through the link I first sent you would have seen someone even posted a theme they made to play startup platform videos. You can just swap your videos for the ones provided. 

I know about this, But I´m saying that could be good only a loadingscreen video when loding a game, without the Start Theme, with informations, and the splashscreen playing togheter. I mean, only the fullscreen of a loadingScreen with Splashcreen video .

Sorry my english is WIP.  @Cauptain can you help me to explain better? Thanks

Edited by retrospace

I know the Start Screen themes (BigFade theme) that support videos. I already made the switch to my platform videos.

The point is, I wanted the platforms' LoadScreen videos to run in FullScreen when running a game. For example: This one from Atari that is in the post, When running Pitfall, this video would run in full screen showing that the game is loading, without information, just the video as if it were the Start Screen.

I don't know if I made myself clear now.

Untitled.png

13 minutes ago, retrospace said:

I know the Start Screen themes (BigFade theme) that support videos. I already made the switch to my platform videos.

The point is, I wanted the platforms' LoadScreen videos to run in FullScreen when running a game. For example: This one from Atari that is in the post, When running Pitfall, this video would run in full screen showing that the game is loading, without information, just the video as if it were the Start Screen.

I don't know if I made myself clear now.

You are explaining it well. This already exists. The one specific theme I linked does what you want. Just download it. Put your videos in the \Videos folder for that Startup theme. Here it is in action. I even used one of your videos.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Retro808 said:

You are explaining it well. This already exists. The one specific theme I linked does what you want. Just download it. Put your videos in the \Videos folder for that Startup theme. Here it is in action. I even used one of your videos.

Thank you for you explanation.

I´ve search for your first link but can´t found. Are you talking about BigFade Startup Theme?