LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.13 - Beta Thread

faeran

So i have a question regarding my missing images.  I ran an image cleanup and have way too many files that I'd have to rename that it's not finding now due to the new matching.

So going off my last post the previous version found all these images fine so would I break anything if I ran the 13.12 Setup.exe (I don't have 13.13 for some reason) overwriting 13.14, then ran the Image Renamer Plugin to change the files to the games titles and then reinstall 13.14?

Alternatively, should i just wait for the next beta if you are adding the 3rd step @faeran mentioned?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Baggio said:

So i have a question regarding my missing images.  I ran an image cleanup and have way too many files that I'd have to rename that it's not finding now due to the new matching.

So going off my last post the previous version found all these images fine so would I break anything if I ran the 13.12 Setup.exe (I don't have 13.13 for some reason) overwriting 13.14, then ran the Image Renamer Plugin to change the files to the games titles and then reinstall 13.14?

Alternatively, should i just wait for the next beta if you are adding the 3rd step @faeran mentioned?

That's worth a shot. Just make a backup of your Images and Videos folders first in case it doesn't work out as expected. 

I think worst case, the rename tool might not recognize some of the media names that are too "fuzzy" and would just leave them as-is.

Edited by superrob3000

6 hours ago, superrob3000 said:

That's worth a shot. Just make a backup of your Images and Videos folders first in case it doesn't work out as expected. 

I think worst case, the rename tool might not recognize some of the media names that are too "fuzzy" and would just leave them as-is.

@Baggio I made a new plugin that will work better for the naming cleanup. Give it a try if you'd like. If you run into any issues let me know in the comments section of that file.

@superrob3000 wow thanks,  I'll give it a go asap

Just to give the devs an idea on what this new name matching has done on some platforms I randomly tried.  So this is missing media I got from the cleanup tool in 13.12 and then 13.14

Platform - 13.12 - 13.14

NDS - 2 - 58

NES - 0 - 248

GBA - 0 - 37

Wii -13 - 495

Megadrive - 0 - 54

PS1 - 1 - 56

PS2 - 3 - 1311

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone! Is there an option to change the folder where launchbox looks for dependencies? For example my retroarch system folder isn't in the retroarch folder in my computer but launchbox keeps looking there and tells me I'm missing dependencies... Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if I missed anything!

Edited by GIKAS1
  • Like 1

So I have spent 2 days re-installing Launchbox and RetroArch to fix black screens. I can see the end, almost...

How do I get this to work? If I select "Open Location" it is going to ...\system\pcsx2. If I select "Browse to File", it does go to the correct folder, but won't allow me to choose a bios file. The files are there, LB isn't let me select a folder or a file. The games work fine if I select "Play Anyway". Something is broken

LaunchBox_70osKANJ5C.thumb.png.ab4b5bb3fdf43bc4b12eaf182cfae191.png

LaunchBox_ar7V5gzRFB.thumb.png.c76da1cad2ff65f021ce38196230f0ac.png

LaunchBox_6kkDMPszjW.thumb.png.87a832b37dd28fc96ff9af33897d2b25.png

11 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

So I have spent 2 days re-installing Launchbox and RetroArch to fix black screens. I can see the end, almost...

How do I get this to work? If I select "Open Location" it is going to ...\system\pcsx2. If I select "Browse to File", it does go to the correct folder, but won't allow me to choose a bios file. The files are there, LB isn't let me select a folder or a file. The games work fine if I select "Play Anyway". Something is broken

I believe it is being looked into as an issue with the new dependencies feature and PCSX2 core for RA. Cbeats commented on a post about it that he was going to look into the code as he was not aware of that core for RA. 

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

I believe it is being looked into as an issue with the new dependencies feature and PCSX2 core for RA. Cbeats commented on a post about it that he was going to look into the code as he was not aware of that core for RA.

Good Deal. Thank you sir

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 10:16 PM, Baggio said:

@superrob3000 wow thanks,  I'll give it a go asap

Just to give the devs an idea on what this new name matching has done on some platforms I randomly tried.  So this is missing media I got from the cleanup tool in 13.12 and then 13.14

Platform - 13.12 - 13.14

NDS - 2 - 58

NES - 0 - 248

GBA - 0 - 37

Wii -13 - 495

Megadrive - 0 - 54

PS1 - 1 - 56

PS2 - 3 - 1311

Out of curiosity, did you manually assign 1311 images to your PS2 games? I checked mine and all seems well. The name matching changes should only really be an issue for files that have not been imported via the built-in scraper.

Edited by Cineaste

5 hours ago, Cineaste said:

Out of curiosity, did you manually assign 1311 images to your PS2 games? I checked mine and all seems well. The name matching changes should only really be an issue for files that have not been imported via the built-in scraper.

It's some I made myself and a mis-match of packs I curated, so they weren't scraped from LB.

Mainly it was all the games with special characters that weren't being picked up because of the lack of the _ conversion and when you have 4-5 per game they soon add up.

26 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

Found duplicate entry in LB settings when setting up images for Amazon Posters

LaunchBox_gL6CslF3lc.thumb.png.7cf9e83178ccdcad764b774b020abaaa.png

Pretty sure this will occur if you manually alter the settings file and add it twice on accident. I'm not seeing it in any of my builds.

10 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah

Yes sir, you are correct, and I did find it. But doesn't make sense to me as this is a 100% fresh build trying to figure out some black screen issues that I had posted about in the Troubleshooting thread. It did have a double entry though. Thank you sir! :D