LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.15 - Beta Thread

faeran

Posted (edited)

@sundogakNot deleted vita platform, but using dummy folding still finding everything. Reckon I will delete it, (damn it's such a PIA redoing all the media folders again lol, don't have that in default locations either)

Edited by The Papaw

Just now, The Papaw said:

Not deleted vita platform, but using dummy folding still finding everything. Reckon I will delete it, (damn it's such a PIA redoing all the media folders again lol, don't have that in default locations either)

There is option when delete to not remove media. That is what i used.  Everything matched back.

11 minutes ago, sundogak said:

There is option when delete to not remove media. That is what i used.

LMAO, no sir, I mean my media is on my NAS as well, so I don't have 4-5 copies throughout the house

21 minutes ago, Vader said:

I just updated to 13.15 full version, and I am now getting plug-in pop up again.

If it's one that says [something along the lines of] 'a plugin has an update', go to Tools - Manage - Plugins and click Update on the one needing it.  I believe it was the Dolphin plugin.

If it's not that, what is the popup saying?

2 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

If it's one that says [something along the lines of] 'a plugin has an update', go to Tools - Manage - Plugins and click Update on the one needing it.  I believe it was the Dolphin plugin.

If it's not that, what is the popup saying?

ahh yes that fixed it. Thought it was the same issue as before. Thanks

• Game On 1

17 hours ago, sundogak said:

There is option when delete to not remove media. That is what i used.

LMAO, no sir, I mean my media is on my NAS as well, so I don't have 4-5 copies throughout the house.

Just got back on this and even using a dummy file, deleting the emulator, Sony Playstation Vita.xml and starting over, LB is still finding more than just the eboot.bin files when doing a manual scan. Auto Scan is still working correct.

LaunchBox_bYQvpOOwME.thumb.png.a10f600d8f85b4768ae42c8dcc2f1ac7.png

5 hours ago, The Papaw said:

LMAO, no sir, I mean my media is on my NAS as well, so I don't have 4-5 copies throughout the house.

Just got back on this and even using a dummy file, deleting the emulator, Sony Playstation Vita.xml and starting over, LB is still finding more than just the eboot.bin files when doing a manual scan. Auto Scan is still working correct.

LaunchBox_bYQvpOOwME.thumb.png.a10f600d8f85b4768ae42c8dcc2f1ac7.png

So if you right click the Vita platform and edit platform the "Game" entry at top is pointing to a completely empty directory (no subfiles, not pointed to UXO directory)?   It looks (just based on screenshot) that you are still pointing to the \uxo directory. 

Screenshot2024-07-05140815.thumb.png.e6153fe658baf84ab5618228288d3635.png

And your Vita3K emulator has all the games installed and launch from outside LB?

Screenshot2024-07-05140915.thumb.png.fb7e5d056d4b52a3167db2ecfcc7d408.png

1 hour ago, sundogak said:

So if you right click the Vita platform and edit platform the "Game" entry at top is pointing to a completely empty directory (no subfiles, not pointed to UXO directory)?   It looks (just based on screenshot) that you are still pointing to the \uxo directory. 

Yep, just like yours

1 hour ago, sundogak said:

And your Vita3K emulator has all the games installed and launch from outside LB?

Nope

Only adding a couple at a time to test the manual scanning

1 minute ago, The Papaw said:

Yep, just like yours

Nope

Only adding a couple at a time to test the manual scanning

Well, have no idea then why or how it could possibly know about your directory structure then. Seems like something is carrying over in an XML somewhere. But out of ideas.  You also shouldn't have to do any manual scanning. It will auto import, relatively soon after a restart of LB.  Regardless, if I force manual scan for removed or new it works as intended (i.e., shows no new roms to import).  

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, sundogak said:

It will auto import, relatively soon after a restart of LB

Yep, that part has been working, but manual NOT. That's why I was reporting it for @C-Beats or @faeran. I appreciate the ideas for sure! :D

Edited by The Papaw

Hi!!!

When I try to edit a platform wich folder path of games is an external hard drive not connected (for example G:\), gives an error message and Launchbox is closed.

image.thumb.png.3889b6648c2aa726fa9be16a797f5eee.png

The error text says: "The directory could not be created: G:\....  Please make sure you have the appropriate permissions to create the specific folder and that the folder path is valid. This may also be a cause of a hard drive or system failure. Launchbox cannot continue."

When auto import kicks in I'm seeing the error below once launchbox starts to save games tried 4 or 5 times and always get the same error.  I already have a decent amount of roms set up (Just over 50,000) so only really want to use auto import for Vita.  It's a shame you can't just auto import the vita platform.  I understand using the dummy folder method but I would need to change every single platform to use a dummy folder, which again is a shame when all I want to do it auto import vita games.

Even having a simple way to manually import Vita would be great, that's not as time consuming as the old methods. 

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.15
Theme:   Default
Type:    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Site:    Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRange_BadYearMonthDay()
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDbSearchResultGame..ctor(DbGame game, String region)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDbSearchResult..ctor(DbGame game, String region)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetGameById(Int32 id)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MenuActions.ImportRomFilesMenuAction.CountCompositeInstance(Object reference, IEnumerable`1 connection, Object dir, Boolean appendinfo2)
   at InvocationRecord.OrderInvalidPool(RomImportTask reference, IEnumerable`1 connection, String dir, Boolean appendinfo2, InvocationRecord )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MenuActions.ImportRomFilesMenuAction.FindCompositeInstance(Object init)
   at ParamRecord.OrderInvalidPool(RomImportTask init, ParamRecord )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MenuActions.ImportRomFilesMenuAction.Finish(RomImportTask task, Boolean autoImported)
   at AttrRecord.OrderInvalidPool(RomImportTask task, Boolean autoImported, AttrRecord )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MenuActions.ImportRomFilesMenuAction.RunExternalTask(RomImportTask task)
   at ProducerRepository.OrderInvalidPool(RomImportTask task, ProducerRepository )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.LaunchBoxAppSpecific.RunRomImport(RomImportTask task)
   at IndexerRegistryProducer.InstantiateObservableWrapper(Object , RomImportTask task, IndexerRegistryProducer )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Monitoring.GameDirectoryMonitor.ViewMultipartStruct()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

17:53:50 Exception

2 hours ago, Stingeremui said:

When auto import kicks in I'm seeing the error below once launchbox starts to save games tried 4 or 5 times and always get the same error.  I already have a decent amount of roms set up (Just over 50,000) so only really want to use auto import for Vita.  It's a shame you can't just auto import the vita platform.  I understand using the dummy folder method but I would need to change every single platform to use a dummy folder, which again is a shame when all I want to do it auto import vita games.

Even having a simple way to manually import Vita would be great, that's not as time consuming as the old methods. 

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.15
Theme:   Default
Type:    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Site:    Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRange_BadYearMonthDay()
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDbSearchResultGame..ctor(DbGame game, String region)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDbSearchResult..ctor(DbGame game, String region)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetGameById(Int32 id)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MenuActions.ImportRomFilesMenuAction.CountCompositeInstance(Object reference, IEnumerable`1 connection, Object dir, Boolean appendinfo2)
   at InvocationRecord.OrderInvalidPool(RomImportTask reference, IEnumerable`1 connection, String dir, Boolean appendinfo2, InvocationRecord )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MenuActions.ImportRomFilesMenuAction.FindCompositeInstance(Object init)
   at ParamRecord.OrderInvalidPool(RomImportTask init, ParamRecord )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MenuActions.ImportRomFilesMenuAction.Finish(RomImportTask task, Boolean autoImported)
   at AttrRecord.OrderInvalidPool(RomImportTask task, Boolean autoImported, AttrRecord )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MenuActions.ImportRomFilesMenuAction.RunExternalTask(RomImportTask task)
   at ProducerRepository.OrderInvalidPool(RomImportTask task, ProducerRepository )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.LaunchBoxAppSpecific.RunRomImport(RomImportTask task)
   at IndexerRegistryProducer.InstantiateObservableWrapper(Object , RomImportTask task, IndexerRegistryProducer )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Monitoring.GameDirectoryMonitor.ViewMultipartStruct()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

17:53:50 Exception

see this post

45 minutes ago, crusadeRGP said:

When using the auto import for PS3 games using RPCS3 it adds eboot to all the file names in LaunchBox game list how can you remove or hide it?

Double check this setting is NOT pointing to your your RPCS3 roms directory (i.e., your dev_hdd0). It should point to an empty directory as RPCS3 is used to populate games not the game folder path r your get dupes and incorrect imports. 

Screenshot2024-07-06172238.thumb.png.53a255ff6e31837b8aadd51f62db74e7.png

22 minutes ago, sundogak said:

Double check this setting is NOT pointing to your your RPCS3 roms directory (i.e., your dev_hdd0). It should point to an empty directory as RPCS3 is used to populate games not the game folder path r your get dupes and incorrect imports. 

Screenshot2024-07-06172238.thumb.png.53a255ff6e31837b8aadd51f62db74e7.png

It's not connected to my main rom directory and it's even present in the LaunchBox video shown here

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.aeb7bb37d35daae9ab723a2fdbd3c3e8.jpg

17 hours ago, sundogak said:

see this post

Thanks for the above.  I have already tried that but same error, so tried again and unfortunately same error.  Is there a way to manually import Vita roms using the new launchbox method?

From what I understand it scans the emulator folder and imports the games from there.  I did try import roms and point the folder to Vita3K\ux0\app but as expected this just picks up all the files in the directory and eboot.bin files are not named by game name.  So I'm wondering how exactly does the auto import work.

On 7/6/2024 at 5:26 PM, sundogak said:

Someone from the LB team should weigh in on this, as my PS3 using virtual folders pointing to the virtual folders seems to be working correct, but my PS Vita pointing to the ux0 folder or a dummy folder does not work correct on manual scans.