LaunchBox Community Forums

Greetings From Our New Community Manager 👋

Community Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of content would you love to see more of around here?

• Tutorials and Guides - Detailed how-to posts and video tutorials on using LaunchBox and various emulators.
    • Events and Competitions - Gaming tournaments, play along’s and community challenges
    • Customization Tips - Tips and tricks for customizing LaunchBox, including emulators and plugins.
    • Developer Insights - Behind-the-scenes looks at upcoming features and community contributors.
    • Support and Troubleshooting - More focus on support threads to help with common issues and advanced troubleshooting.
    • Community Spotlights - Showcasing themes, builds, setups from our users to inspire new ideas
    • Gaming Discussions - Share nostalgic games, stories, and memories from your gaming journey!

Hello Everyone! 👋

I’m Andy, and I’m thrilled to join LaunchBox as your new Community Manager. For those of you who are new, a warm welcome! We’re delighted to have you in our vibrant community. And for those who’ve been here a while, I can’t wait to get to know you better.

Some quick-fire facts about me: platformers, fighting games, and JRPGs are totally my jam! Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is my all-time favourite game (challenge me at Chao Karate anytime 👊), and I’ve probably completed more Picross games than I should ever admit. When I’m not gaming, you can find me DJing, reading, or throwing down a badass apple crumble in the kitchen 👨‍🍳

But enough about me, let’s talk about us! 🫵

The LaunchBox community has been thriving for over a decade, and we’re just getting started. We’re on a mission to supercharge our interactions and bring fresh, engaging ways for all of us to connect over our shared love of our game collections. LaunchBox is all about creating the nostalgic library of your dreams, and we want our community to reflect that by diving into discussions and events about not just LaunchBox, but also the fantastic games, memories and stories that populate it.

We’ve got a treasure trove of exciting plans, from lively discussions & articles to community events and beyond. We’re crafting more ways for like-minded gamers to connect, with a few surprises up our sleeves 🪄

So what's next? 🚀

To kick things off, we’ve included a short poll to gauge what type of content is important to you. If none of the options perfectly match your interests, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. We’re keen to hear from you and improve our community together.

Here’s to exciting times ahead, filled with great discussions, fun events, and lots of gaming! 🎮 🎁

Catch you in the forums,
Andy 👋

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Game On 6
  • Unusual Gem 2

Welcome !

I'd love to see some official 'Showcases' of plugins, custom themes and other user created content. There's a bunch of cool hidden gems in the forums. It would be pretty great those projects reached a wider audience :)

• Like 1