LaunchBox Community Forums

LBPlex 1.4

(13 reviews)

8 Screenshots

About This File

LBPlex is a theme that mimics Plex Media Server's website interface. Two versions are included in the package: LBPlex - which has the default item spacing on the sidebar and list view, and LBPlex Condensed - which has much tighter item spacing on the sidebar and list view. I have also replaced the volume "knob" with a regular slider.

NOTES:

• All the colors in this theme are hard-coded with the exception of the Foreground (text) color in the LaunchBox Options\Legacy\Theme\Colors menu.
  • The Background Opacity slider in the LaunchBox Options\Visuals\Boxes menu has no effect right now. A fix is in-coming so this will work at a later date. Update: If you run the latest LaunchBox Beta (8.7-beta-1 or above) this is fixed.
  • The Fade Background slider in LaunchBox Options\Images\Default Background will adjust the brightness of the theme background image.

Enjoy :)

What's New in Version 1.4   See changelog

Released

v1.4

• Added the new RetroAchievements item (LaunchBox 10.8 and newer) to the main title bar

v1.3

• The background image was re-named and chromatically adjusted a bit, you may need to adjust the brightness to suit your needs with the Fade Background slider in LaunchBox Options\Images\Default Background
  • Got rid of some unneeded images that I left in there from the initial development
  • Rounded the scrollbars (@spektor56)
  • Added margins to scrollbars (@Kevin_Flynn)

v1.2

• Added back the menu button that was mistakenly omitted from the sidebar

v1.1

• Fixed an error with the new opacity binding in 8.7 beta 1
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 10
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Grila said:

I meant just copy the volume knob code and paste it in LBPlex by where I have the volume slider.

That's what I did. But I missed the "<Rectangle>" part. ?

It´s working now, but a big part of the knob is not visible. Any idea how to fix this?

LB_Volume.jpg
Edit:  I figured it out.  :) I had to change lines 203 & 204 to:

<ColumnDefinition Width="60" />
<ColumnDefinition Width="15" />
Edited by JesseBlue

1 hour ago, Nawaf said:

Looks amazing, just add the total number of games available on each platform and it will be perfect.

Total number of games available on each platform is already in the theme...

img.thumb.png.28fdf95fc761c06c4f808254d571042e.png

11 minutes ago, Grila said:

Total number of games available on each platform is already in the theme...

img.thumb.png.28fdf95fc761c06c4f808254d571042e.png

I don't see it in mine, where is it? (Screenshot attached)

screen1.jpg

Compared to the real PLEX interface, this theme lacks the category icons. Do you think something similar to this would be possible  (at least for the default categories Arcade, Console, Handheld and a generic icon for custom categories)?

lb_plex.jpg

• Like 1

I tried to adjust the "platforms" panel dropdown menu so all entries are visible (no scroll bar) and failed. What code line needs to be changed?

First love the theme.

I was just wondering if you'd be able to justify the menu tree to the right as you went down the list, the sub categories get lost with all the other, you can't tell where one ends and the next category begins.

252058767_ScreenShot2018-11-13at9_17_58PM.thumb.png.9feeb03ddfcfbb6c00cafa1c9edf9ac0.png1038599491_ScreenShot2018-11-13at9_16_52PM.thumb.png.d29c828e5723b452f4d4c3d7486f7d98.png

23 hours ago, natemac00 said:

First love the theme.

I was just wondering if you'd be able to justify the menu tree to the right as you went down the list, the sub categories get lost with all the other, you can't tell where one ends and the next category begins.

252058767_ScreenShot2018-11-13at9_17_58PM.thumb.png.9feeb03ddfcfbb6c00cafa1c9edf9ac0.png1038599491_ScreenShot2018-11-13at9_16_52PM.thumb.png.d29c828e5723b452f4d4c3d7486f7d98.png

In line 55 from the theme file SideBarView.xaml

<next:LeftMarginMultiplierConverter Length="10" x:Key="LengthConverter" />

This theme have 0 margin, the default have 19... i like with 10.

sidebarmargin.thumb.PNG.3cc51041db7eff2ef61c6113c4eaeb34.PNG

For the guys that worked on this theme, I have one question.

Can you guys create password protection for this theme, similar to that of bigbox?

Thanks for the support and for this great theme!

8 minutes ago, MetalRaven said:

For the guys that worked on this theme, I have one question.

Can you guys create password protection for this theme, similar to that of bigbox?

Thanks for the support and for this great theme!

Password lock isnt available in Launchbox at all, so its not something that can be added by theme developers i'm afraid.

this theme is amazing! has the creator of this theme ever thought of creating something similar to this for bigbox? I would love to hear from the creator himself about this idea. 

thanks.

Thanks for your theme @Grila 

What option Should I select to have similar icons like your images? I don't see the option in image group menu...

4 minutes ago, danilote1234 said:

how can I get the light blue background?

Check your background fade in Tools/Options/Default Background.

2053532588_Screenshot(40).thumb.png.c258daea37a23366e0a9f72b3c711a0e.png

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Check your background fade in Tools/Options/Default Background.

2053532588_Screenshot(40).thumb.png.c258daea37a23366e0a9f72b3c711a0e.png

Thank you!!

• Like 1

I'm using this great theme. Will be updated to support latest Launchbox version with the new retroachievments menu?

Thanks a lot for your effort!!!

2 hours ago, Daliant said:

I'm using this great theme. Will be updated to support latest Launchbox version with the new retroachievments menu?

Thanks a lot for your effort!!!

Update now available that adds this, version 1.4 in the downloads.

On 3/26/2020 at 11:14 AM, Daliant said:

Hi @Grila!!!

Will be new badges system supported?

Thanks !!

And support for the MAME High Score community leaderboards????

This has been my go to LB theme.