LaunchBox Community Forums

Nosh On This Twice - LaunchBox Theme 1.4

(2 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Installation:

Download the Fonts.zip, extract and install the fonts.

Download the theme zip and extract to your LBThemes folder. 

Optional Default_Background.jpg included to use as your default background in LB.

Note: All colors are handled by the theme, no need to change them in LB settings.

Other Nosh On This Twice Downloads

Nosh On This Twice - Banners

Nosh On This Twice - Clear Logos

Nosh On This Twice - Clear Device Logos

Nosh On This Twice - LaunchBox Theme

Nosh On This Twice - Black LaunchBox Theme

Nosh On This Twice - BigBox Theme

What's New in Version 1.4   See changelog

Released

• Fixed boxes title drop shadow font
  • Styled the progress bar a bit

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 2
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is a great theme, and if you use the nosh on this theme for bigbox, it will give it a unicorn look across both programs. 

" This is a great theme, and if you use the nosh on this theme for bigbox, it will give it a unicorn look across both programs.  "

I always wanted a unicorn look?

• Haha 1

I'm loving this theme!

I am having one weird issue with the outlines on the box text though:

unknown.png

On smaller titles it's not too noticeable, but on longer ones like Bard's Tale here, you can see that the outline isn't lining up properly with the text. It's like it's using a different font size. You can see "wn" to the right of the first line, presumably from "Unknown", which is on the second line. I've messed around in Boxes/Spacing and can't seem to figure out how to fix this.

2 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

I'm loving this theme!

unknown.png

On smaller titles it's not too noticeable, but on longer ones like Bard's Tale here, you can see that the outline isn't lining up properly with the text. It's like it's using a different font size. You can see "wn" to the right of the first line, presumably from "Unknown", which is on the second line. I've messed around in Boxes/Spacing and can't seem to figure out how to fix this.

Huh thats weird. Ill try to reproduce the issue.

3 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

I'm loving this theme!

unknown.png

I am guessing your settings look like this? 

2019-03-14_2029.thumb.png.364d541e538eb0ebdfc35781b428df4c.pngPart of it is because you have "Center Text Horizontally" turned on. If you turn that off it should look better. I think the drop shadow is using a different font, ill look into it.

1 minute ago, nosh said:

I am guessing your settings look like this? 

2019-03-14_2029.thumb.png.364d541e538eb0ebdfc35781b428df4c.pngPart of it is because you have "Center Text Horizontally" turned on. If you turn that off it should look better. I think the drop shadow is using a different font, ill look into it.

Similar, yeah. "Center Text Horizontally" is on.
image.thumb.png.0a6b012845b56b6bf72e50c842c26201.pngimage.thumb.png.035036ac4b49b18e98d8c0619b40865d.pngIt's actually even more noticeable with that turned off though:

image.thumb.png.dd562bb0de8ee87575a30e10e30d048b.png

23 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

Similar, yeah. "Center Text Horizontally" is on.
image.thumb.png.0a6b012845b56b6bf72e50c842c26201.pngimage.thumb.png.035036ac4b49b18e98d8c0619b40865d.pngIt's actually even more noticeable with that turned off though:

image.thumb.png.dd562bb0de8ee87575a30e10e30d048b.png

fixed, just uploaded a new version.

• Like 1

This is probably my favorite LaunchBox theme so far, I've been using it for a while and love it! I am just curious if there's a plan to update it to support the new badge system? Or maybe even just a code to copy and paste into an xml file...? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, BParks21 said:

I can't get the play, cofigure, edit and delete buttons to display text. Please help!

l

Did you read the install instructions and do this?

"Download the Fonts.zip, extract and install the fonts."

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Did you read the install instructions and do this?

"Download the Fonts.zip, extract and install the fonts."

Yes i installed all of them

6 minutes ago, BParks21 said:

Yes i installed all of them

What resolution are you at, it looks quite high to me?

I also use the resolution 2560x1440 and had the same issue, but I found a solution. I edited the following lines in the file "Views\ControlsView.xaml":

Line 37: Change column width to "165".

<ColumnDefinition Width="165" />

Line 40, 41, 42, 43: Add MinWidth="120" to all button tags.

<Button Name="PlayGame" Content="{Binding PlayLabel}" IsEnabled="{Binding PlayGameEnabled}" Style="{StaticResource ButtonStyle}" MinWidth="120" />
    <Button Name="Configure" Content="{Binding ConfigureLabel}" IsEnabled="{Binding ConfigureEnabled}" Style="{StaticResource ButtonStyle}" MinWidth="120" />
    <Button Name="Edit" Content="{Binding EditLabel}" IsEnabled="{Binding EditEnabled}" Style="{StaticResource ButtonStyle}" MinWidth="120" />
    <Button Name="Delete" Content="{Binding DeleteLabel}" IsEnabled="{Binding DeleteEnabled}" Style="{StaticResource ButtonStyle}" MinWidth="120" />

Line 318: Change MinWidth to "120".

<Button Name="Add" Content="{Binding AddLabel}" Style="{StaticResource ButtonStyle}" Grid.Column="6" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Margin="10,10,10,10" MinWidth="120" />

Now all button texts are displayed correctly.

I hope this helps!

Edited by thf1973
  • Thanks 1