LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's Lights Out! Retroarch Bezels 8.5

(11 reviews)

89 Screenshots

About This File

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner

Here's my collection of Lights Out! Realistic Retroarch bezels. 

You can find other bezels that are part of my "Lights Out!" series over here:

Neo Geo v2 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System I 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System II 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System III 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Sega Naomi 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Sammy Atomiswave 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Enjoy!

Bezel_Atari_2600_Night_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

Bezel_Mega_Drive_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 8.5   See changelog

Released

- Added all bezels/overlays in one zip file (including the 2 generic bezels uploaded earlier today). This concludes the project to finished, have fun! :)

• Like 36
  • Thanks 15
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

52 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

I do think full on daylight mode is a bit distracting but What about just a half-day mode?  Or,..evening mode? lol.  I like the night mode, but i find myself trying so hard to try to see some of the surrounding details but it is just too dark to make much out. 

Computer says no

19 minutes ago, goofers said:

Could you do the ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC , Aari ST and Amiga mate would love these man great job on them ;)

Thanks bro! I will at some point, I'm adding new bezels as my library expands, can take some time but will get to them in the end.

3.5 Added: Nintendo Game Boy realistic bezel

Note: For some reason I couldn't scale the screen to full screen, seems it's stuck to integer scaling and keeps the borders in tact, anyone else have this problem as well? Any help is much appreciated!

Bezel_Nintendo_Game_Boy_Mr_RetroLust.thumb.jpg.bc7be7f431562fcbd4ea4e9a5d43110f.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

3.7 Added: Sony Playstation realistic bezel

Great work! As a heads-up, I will be editing it and exposing a little bit more the whole image (minus the console), as I can barely see the TV frame and background in my TV screen.

EDIT: OK, wow! Out of curiosity I started exposing the bezels on my end a little bit, and I am finding awesome details in the consoles and backgrounds I was not able to see before. Might be my monitor though (or maybe I am in a place with too much light).

Edited by Kondorito

Yeah, just looking at the image above i cant see the TV either, just the playstation below. i guess if you have good black levels on your monitor/TV then the actual TV case dissapears into the background.

Yeah you do need a good quality backlight in your tv/monitor and properly set tv settings, rgb full range, and sunlight not directly on your screen does help. 

ps If you view it full screen properly set in retroarch you should see far more detail than on a phone (don't even dare viewing it on a phone lol) or when you watch the png in an image viewer with a white background, it messes up the contrast experience. Lights off < it's in the title.

6 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

ps If you view it full screen properly set in retroarch you should see far more detail than on a phone (don't even dare viewing it on a phone lol) or when you watch the png in an image viewer with a white background, it messes up the contrast experience. Lights off < it's in the title.

Haha! That "Lights Off" title was not there before! You are messing with my mind!

But, yeah, I know I am not seeing them in the ideal conditions, but I play with lights on or daylight almost half the time.

• Haha 1

Thats right I put it in the title a few hours ago lol ;) To be honest I hardly see the bezel when playing a game as thats where the eyes focus to, the bezel is blurred in that state like depth focus. Thats how I designed the bezels, the background is there but doesnt get in the way of focus. But of course if you like to see more detail, edit away, try not to use brightness or contrast but the level histogram as it can bring back more detail in the gray levels.

• Unusual Gem 1

loving the overlay's, thank you retrolust.  using for all my portables.  do wish the ps1 had more screen real estate, however. maybe for the next jump up in 4:3, with the ps1 to the side to save room. if using overlay scale, the tv quickly goes off screen.

Edited by bmonomad
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

3.8 Added: SNK Neo Geo Pocket & SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color realistic bezels

Love it! If you can share a finger-less version as well, that would be awesome :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Whats wrong with my thumbs?

Nothing! Is just that it throws me off a little to have thumbs on the TV :)

Thanks for the variation Lust!

• Like 1