LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator 3.1.5

(19 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Manuals / How to

Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.

Dave Paterson - YouTube

Development Live Streams - YouTube

COMMUNITY Theme Creator - Patreon

Edited by y2guru
Compatibility

What's New in Version 3.1.5   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 24
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 15

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

14 minutes ago, faeran said:

Awesome work. Can't wait to see the animation editor.

Thank you sir! I can’t wait to finish it and play around with it myself

Skew and rotation?! Might not seem like a big deal to some, but this is huge in terms of theme/art creation. The possibilities keep expanding. Awesome implementation @y2guru :) 

This should be presented in one of ETAPRIME videos. I believe there are a lot of LB creative minds all around the globe that do not access the forums frequently and are not aware of this tool.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2019 at 5:08 AM, y2guru said:

Version 1.0.3.3 is now available.  

UI Elements can be skewed and rotated.

y2guru, I think you are making an amazing work for the community simplifying all the steps of the coding process for us, the newcomers.
Thank you so much.

Your tool is rather intuitive, but I'm having some problems trying to set up l the specific images that use every game, cause they doesn't match the names that use in Launchbox.
Do you have a list of the corresponding names for every image?
Is it possible that some of them are missing from the list?

Also, do you know how to fit a video in a cabinet overlay with an irregular display  using the skew and rotate functions? I can't perfectly adapt it because of the perspective...

20191110_115736.jpg

On 11/10/2019 at 5:03 AM, SoulKayin said:

y2guru, I think you are making an amazing work for the community simplifying all the steps of the coding process for us, the newcomers.
Thank you so much.

Your tool is rather intuitive, but I'm having some problems trying to set up l the specific images that use every game, cause they doesn't match the names that use in Launchbox.
Do you have a list of the corresponding names for every image?
Is it possible that some of them are missing from the list?

Also, do you know how to fit a video in a cabinet overlay with an irregular display  using the skew and rotate functions? I can't perfectly adapt it because of the perspective...

20191110_115736.jpg

You can send me a personal message with your response.  Images not matching, can you provide a screenshot example.

rotate & skew, yes I can send an example of how to do that

Edit: Not optimal, but I can use the program after clicking around the left side of the window and select a theme from the drop down list.

I've unblocked the zip and installed the fonts, but the program only shows a grey screen after putting in my information. I'm on Windows 8.1 64 bit and have a 1080p screen.

Edited by wantwon

Thanks for creating this. It's user friendly, and I will be able to create a vertical theme with no problem. I have to wrap my head around all the views...I'm coming from attract mode.

43 minutes ago, bionictoothpick said:

Thanks for creating this. It's user friendly, and I will be able to create a vertical theme with no problem. I have to wrap my head around all the views...I'm coming from attract mode.

Thanks a lot, just use the "Test" theme as a template (you can duplicate it from the main menu and give it your own name)  and then tweak the Themes to your taste

11 minutes ago, bionictoothpick said:

If I want to add an image with an offset of -1 or +1 with respect to the currently selected item... (preferably -x or + x) how do I do that?

Thanks.

I’m afraid I do not understand your question or I can interpret in various ways, I’m thinking are you asking if you can add an image +5 points right of another element,  if so then no, at least not right now

The wheel shows the current game and others...for example the middle is the selection (or the one that would be selected if chosen)

Adventure

Bezerk

Castlevania

Offset -1 would be Adventure

Offset +1 would be Castlevania

I like the idea of the program but I'm currently unable to use it. Trying to use version 10.3.5 with Launchbox 18.0-1 beta but whenever I launch the program, all I get is a gray screen. Any ideas on how this can be fixed and/or is there more info you need from me to help fix the issue?

16 minutes ago, dumlaox said:

I like the idea of the program but I'm currently unable to use it. Trying to use version 10.3.5 with Launchbox 18.0-1 beta but whenever I launch the program, all I get is a gray screen. Any ideas on how this can be fixed and/or is there more info you need from me to help fix the issue?

Have you imported any games into Launchbox yet ? if you havent then that will explain the gray screen 

9 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Have you imported any games into Launchbox yet ? if you havent then that will explain the gray screen 

I have imported a bunch of games to Launchbox previously and I've also imported a few more after the beta update. The list is over 5000 total between Steam and emulation. Do you think that would have anything to do with it?

@dumlaox I thought I would try and see if I can replicate the "Grey Screen" your seeing and I found that if you don't "Unblock" the downloaded zip file and just run the app then you get the "Grey Screen".

So try downloading again and then "Right click the zip file you download", go to the properties at the bottom and again at the bottom of that window your see the "Unblock" put a tick in the box next to it, click "ok" and hopefully it will now run.

17 hours ago, Rincewind said:

@dumlaox I thought I would try and see if I can replicate the "Grey Screen" your seeing and I found that if you don't "Unblock" the downloaded zip file and just run the app then you get the "Grey Screen".

So try downloading again and then "Right click the zip file you download", go to the properties at the bottom and again at the bottom of that window your see the "Unblock" put a tick in the box next to it, click "ok" and hopefully it will now run.

That did it. Thanks very much for your help :)

• Like 1

Hello, I am truly loving this and I appreciate all your hard work very much. i have been playing around with it pretty much every day for a month now. This is by far my favorite addon. 

Currently I am 95% done with a complete theme that i made in this creator but I am running into a problem i thought you should know. In game view 4 I am making platform specifc views and they are nice but it will not save correctly. For some reason it will not remember that I am setting 'Fill' for one of the images and only saves as 'Uniform'. So right now every time I do an update or change of any kind I have to go back in and manually fix every one of them. This is not a complaint as I would not be able to do any of this without your awesome creator, I am just hoping you have a simple fix because this is becoming very cumbersome as my theme grows.

Again, thank you so much for this and Happy Holidays!

53 minutes ago, cemfundog said:

Hello, I am truly loving this and I appreciate all your hard work very much. i have been playing around with it pretty much every day for a month now. This is by far my favorite addon. 

Currently I am 95% done with a complete theme that i made in this creator but I am running into a problem i thought you should know. In game view 4 I am making platform specifc views and they are nice but it will not save correctly. For some reason it will not remember that I am setting 'Fill' for one of the images and only saves as 'Uniform'. So right now every time I do an update or change of any kind I have to go back in and manually fix every one of them. This is not a complaint as I would not be able to do any of this without your awesome creator, I am just hoping you have a simple fix because this is becoming very cumbersome as my theme grows.

Again, thank you so much for this and Happy Holidays!

@cemfundogcan you zip the theme stored in the preferences folder then send it to me directly @y2guru then I can test if out here and debug the code if I need to

image.thumb.png.1ddbad7db52ca1a9d561d49d3d0a07d5.png

Edited by y2guru

5 hours ago, y2guru said:

@cemfundogcan you zip the theme stored in the preferences folder then send it to me directly @y2guru then I can test if out here and debug the code if I need to

image.thumb.png.1ddbad7db52ca1a9d561d49d3d0a07d5.png

ok, sorry but i can not tell, Did you get the file that I sent you? Sorry to bug...

On 12/14/2019 at 11:18 PM, y2guru said:

1.0.3.6 Overview of New Features plus sneek peek at Animation (Storyboarding) @ 22:20

I can hardly wait for this. Looking forward to it. Sure is looking amazing man!