About This File
1. Download the .ZIP and UNBLOCK!
2. Unzip to a new location, DO NOT overwrite the existing forum build
3. Copy the content from the "My Theme Projects" folder from your existing Theme Creator folder and Paste into the new "My Theme Projects"
BigBox must be version 13.1 - Beta 2 or higher to support Themes Published using COMMUNITY Theme Creator 2.5
Manuals / How to
Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.
Development Live Streams - YouTube
Please Note: Version 2.5.5 Is the final version of the software I plan to distribute.
Future Version includes new Shader Effects
Edited by y2guru
What's New in Version 220.127.116.11 See changelog
- Changed label text in properties panel when selecting either image or user defined video @JaysArcade
- Fixed Rotation issue within editor, used wrong version of .DLL @JaysArcade
- Fixed Initial parsing of Launchbox data XML data when looking for platform categories @Tanooki_Style
11/22/20 (18.104.22.168) Repackaged
- Added Image Metadata field "LaunchboxDBID" @Faeran
- Fixed All Wheels to include Opacity Property @Rincewind
- Fixed Code Generator specific to Platform specific game views when Platform name contains invalid characted such as "/" @mcfilmmakers
- Fixed .DLL to detect Platform names with invalid characters such as "/" @mcfilmmakers
- ' Fixed Code Generator - Image UI Elements were not using the RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" @Rincewind
- Threw away my custom image control and replaced with a new converter allowing faster, efficient method for applying gray scale and color tinting
- Memory leaks gone and CPU no longer being crushed when using published themes via BigBox
- Fixed a ton of issues, from images not showing their content to image cycling causing bigbox to lockup, to name just a few
- The next image / animated gif / user defined video can be triggered based on a change to the selected platform/selected game @Rincewind
- Fixed a memory leak within video control and new image control
- Fixed UI Element Property List. When editing custom images, some properties were not being displayed
- Fixed Image UI Element, when set to UniformToFill and the alignment (horizontal and vertical) set to center the image was not being centered @thimolor
- Added Image cycling to Image, Gif and User Defined Videos, can be cycled sequentially or randomly. @wallmachine
- Added Gray Scale property to the Image UI Element. @Rincewind
- Fixed Startup crash when identifying custom fields (@rodclemen)
- Fixed Wheel Properties (that allow negatives) was tricky to enter negative values (@Wallmachine)
- Fixed Filter by Playlist when Playlist has filter criteria (@ilcomandantecobra)
- Changed Undo to provide a brief description of what you will undo when you right click to undo
- Fixed an oopsie
- Added the ability to play animated .GIFs in the editor
- Added finally... UNDO!
- Fixed COMMUNITYtcfbb.dll to perform error handling when calculating off screen position when animating
- Changed New Value limits within Animation Editor
- Fixed Application startup - looking for Platform Categories and crashed if it could not find them in the XML (@Super Mouse)
- Fixed Editor - Group Deletion, allowed the deletion of a locked UI Element
- Fixed Editor - Element Deletion, corrupted 1st element in the list changing the group name to null
- Visibility Conditions
- Custom Field Support - Text, Scroll Text, Images, Animated Gif & User Defined Video can reference Custom Fields @Coreization / @mcfilmmakers / @Faeran
- View and Edit using selected Aspect Ratio
- About Window, shows build information, associated .dll's and contributors
- Added Toolbar to main screen. controls audio, aspect ratio and view types (View/Custom Images)
- Editor - UI Element List / Properties panel is now a separate window and can be minimized/maximized and moved to another monitor @CriticalCid
- Editor - UI Element List. Can now lock, hide/show elements, visual cues added when performing drag and drop, "Animation" and "Visibility Conditions" tags added
- Audio Clips can be added to Animations
- Main Window-View preview scales accurately @HeavyRisk
- During Selection Animation Trigger @cmoss
- Main window - Initial load/display of the selected view is now smoother
- Code generation, views are now clipped. elements placed outside of the canvas will be clipped within the viewable area.
- Editor - TextFilter/TextGameList, first list item would lose focus when switching platforms/categories/playlists
- Application startup - 2 folders used to gather fonts, not always 2 on a variety of PC's, added validation. @chrisk11
- Parsing XML files, Platform Name can contain "/" which is an invalid file name, scrubbed so "/" becomes "_" @Rincewind
- Loading games via Playlist - was looking for "IsAutogenerated" which is not always included in XMLs. @Fry
- Playlist Names, they now appear as defined in the .XML instead of using the XML file name.
- All Published TextLists, fontsize was incorrectly calculated and was visibly different from the editor
- Custom Image Rendering - Platform & Playlist Names are scrubbed (invalid characters replaced with _)
- Release Date and Last Played Date default to a date format when initially adding the element to a view @Rincewind
- Playlists with no roms are now visible
At the time of posting the HD version of the video is still being processed by YouTube
** UNBLOCK the ZIP file before you UNZIP ** (right click on the downloaded zip and selection properties, then click on unblock)
If you have a Theme or Themes you are currently working on, simply drag the content of the Theme Preferences folder from your current build into this new build.
You can also drag the settings.txt from your current build into the COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox folder so you don't have to go through the setup
Transferring your existing work to the new version. Simply open both the new and old versions, open the old "My Theme Projects" folder and move the content to the new "My Theme Projects" folder
I have included 1 Platform and 1 Game Custom Image template for you to experiment with.
The video below will go into the creation, rendering and how to use them with your theme in greater detail.