About This File
1. Download the .ZIP and UNBLOCK!
2. Unzip to a new location, DO NOT overwrite the existing forum build
3. Copy the content from the "My Theme Projects" folder from your existing Theme Creator folder and Paste into the new "My Theme Projects"
BigBox must be version 13.1 - Beta 2 or higher to support Themes Published using COMMUNITY Theme Creator 2.5
Manuals / How to
Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.
Development Live Streams - YouTube
Please Note: Version 2.5.5 Is the final version of the software I plan to distribute.
Future Version includes new Shader Effects
Edited by y2guru
What's New in Version 18.104.22.168 See changelog
- Visibility Conditions
- Custom Field Support - Text, Scroll Text, Images, Animated Gif & User Defined Video can reference Custom Fields @Coreization / @mcfilmmakers / @Faeran
- View and Edit using selected Aspect Ratio
- About Window, shows build information, associated .dll's and contributors
- Added Toolbar to main screen. controls audio, aspect ratio and view types (View/Custom Images)
- Editor - UI Element List / Properties panel is now a separate window and can be minimized/maximized and moved to another monitor @CriticalCid
- Editor - UI Element List. Can now lock, hide/show elements, visual cues added when performing drag and drop, "Animation" and "Visibility Conditions" tags added
- Audio Clips can be added to Animations
- Main Window-View preview scales accurately @HeavyRisk
- During Selection Animation Trigger @cmoss
- Main window - Initial load/display of the selected view is now smoother
- Code generation, views are now clipped. elements placed outside of the canvas will be clipped within the viewable area.
- Editor - TextFilter/TextGameList, first list item would lose focus when switching platforms/categories/playlists
- Application startup - 2 folders used to gather fonts, not always 2 on a variety of PC's, added validation. @chrisk11
- Parsing XML files, Platform Name can contain "/" which is an invalid file name, scrubbed so "/" becomes "_" @Rincewind
- Loading games via Playlist - was looking for "IsAutogenerated" which is not always included in XMLs. @Fry
- Playlist Names, they now appear as defined in the .XML instead of using the XML file name.
- All Published TextLists, fontsize was incorrectly calculated and was visibly different from the editor
- Custom Image Rendering - Platform & Playlist Names are scrubbed (invalid characters replaced with _)
- Release Date and Last Played Date default to a date format when initially adding the element to a view @Rincewind
- Playlists with no roms are now visible
** UNBLOCK the ZIP file before you UNZIP ** (right click on the downloaded zip and selection properties, then click on unblock)
If you have a Theme or Themes you are currently working on, simply drag the content of the Theme Preferences folder from your current build into this new build.
You can also drag the settings.txt from your current build into the COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox folder so you dont have to go through the setup
Transferring your existing work to the new version. Simply open both the new and old versions, open the old "My Theme Projects" folder and move the content to the new "My Theme Projects" folder
I have included 1 Platform and 1 Game Custom Image template for you to experiment with.
The video below will go into the creation, rendering and how to use them with your theme in greater detail.