LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator 3.2

(19 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Manuals / How to

Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.

Dave Paterson - YouTube

Development Live Streams - YouTube

COMMUNITY Theme Creator - Patreon

Edited by y2guru
Compatibility

What's New in Version 3.2   See changelog

Released

New Features

• Consolidate Text based UI Elements to single Text UI Element.

• Wheel Item Templates, allow Videos, Animated .GIFs and Animation.

• New Metadata field "Battery Charging Status", contains the following values "Not plugged in", "Plugged in - not charging","Plugged in - charging".

• Added New Properties:- LineHeight & LineStackingStrategy to Text, Wheel Item Text and Text Scroller(Vertical).

• Viewing Wheel Item Templates or Custom Images will now Display where they are used, the template or custom image can be applied via right click.

• Added new metadata field "Selected Item Index (Odd/Even)" allows conditioning or imaging using an odd/even value when making platform/game selections or Wheel Item Design

• Live color editing, the selected elements color is updated real-time.

• Text Scroller (Vertical) added Leading/Trailing rows properties.

• Condition Editor - Added 2 new comparison operators: - Starts with & ends with.

• New UI Element "Selected Item Bar"

• Added Scale Width and Scale Height properties to UI Elements.

• Image/Wheel Item Image Metadata can now access more LaunchBox image files.

• Like 41
  • Thanks 24
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 15

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

OK. The scrolling works with other themes I have seen. I have realised that with your theme creator the text does scroll, though there seems to be a delay to it starting and then it scrolls very slowly (even when adjusting the scroll speed in the editor to the 2 extremes).

FYI, I'm working on a dual screen theme. Progress can be seen here:

i have a design for theme but i want it to be good so i want someone else to code it ... im shit :D

It is based around Star Trek TNG - LCARS , was hoping for help in making it a reality. Just give me credit for gfx design ;)

699550771_LCARSFullscreen.thumb.png.3acba8d78ad5ab1384aed8352b908f37.png1809261366_LCARSFullscreen1.thumb.png.e7a276948c42e940f9252f87cb430779.pngLCARS Fullscreen sound pack.zip

If done properly , i think it could be awesome.

Your thoughts guys?

would be an cool community collab :)

• Thanks 1

@y2guru is there a way  to show current playlist? If not would be a great addition, in particular for those that browse mainly by playlist rather than platform.

Also, another wee feature request - could the shadow feature also go all the way round the UI element, rather than just at a set angle?

On 3/2/2020 at 11:14 PM, Retrofrogg said:

@y2guru is there a way  to show current playlist? If not would be a great addition, in particular for those that browse mainly by playlist rather than platform.

For playlists edit 'TextFiltersView' 

11 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

Also, another wee feature request - could the shadow feature also go all the way round the UI element, rather than just at a set angle?

Set opacity to 100%, direction and depth at 0, set higher value in blur like 40 or so.

39 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

For playlists edit 'TextFiltersView' 

I can't find TextFiltersView. To be clear, don't want to edit a different view - I'm still working on the game list view. I just want it to show the current playlist somewhere on that view. For example, I might be in the games list view for computers/MSDOS/Sierra Games - as well as the platform MSDOS logo (that I currently have showing as a UI element), I want it to show the playlist (Sierra Games) also.

8 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

I can't find TextFiltersView. To be clear, don't want to edit a different view - I'm still working on the game list view. I just want it to show the current playlist somewhere on that view. For example, I might be in the games list view for computers/MSDOS/Sierra Games - as well as the platform MSDOS logo (that I currently have showing as a UI element), I want it to show the playlist (Sierra Games) also.

TextFiltersView is here (if or when you can use it) 

1.thumb.JPG.5c0dc436c931407347af25a39831149e.JPGI tried to go to playlist (haven't tried before) but it kept loading so I went back to platform.

I think you're misunderstanding me my friend! I do not want to edit the textfilters view. I want to edit the textgamesview. And within the textgamesview, I would like to have a UI element which displays the name of the playlist that is selected.

Just now, Retrofrogg said:

I think you're misunderstanding me my friend! I do not want to edit the textfilters view. I want to edit the textgamesview. And within the textgamesview, I would like to have a UI element which displays the name of the playlist that is selected.

I did understood you wasn't after textfiltersview as I said "TextFiltersView is here (if or when you can use it)" because you said you couldn't find it lol I can't answer your question though.

• Haha 1

Lol OK....thanks for trying to help mate, appreciated. So I am still trying to add a UI element to the textgamesview that shows the currently selected playlist. @y2guru - is this currently possible?

• Like 1

I was working in a theme without the creator, just using visual studio, may I export that project to this editor??

Edited by Drodrick

21 minutes ago, Drodrick said:

I was working in a theme without the creator, just using visual studio, may I export that project to this editor??

The Theme creator does not work that way, it has a set of preset UI Elements that you essentially drop onto a blank canvas and manipulate the properties, think of PowerPoint but as you add UI elements to the canvas it is generating XAML behind the scenes

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

The Theme creator does not work that way, it has a set of preset UI Elements that you essentially drop onto a blank canvas and manipulate the properties, think of PowerPoint but as you add UI elements to the canvas it is generating XAML behind the scenes

ohh i understant, i have a question, wallgamesview does not support videos? I cant find the option for insert the selected item video

Last time I checked bigbox does not allow the wall view to use selected item videos , if that has changed then I can allow the selected item video to be used

Hey man just wanted to let you know how much I am loving all these new additions. I am building all kinds of new things and more importantly, I am able to make my life easier now by using the new custom images tool. I used to have to redo every single platform view when I made a small change and it was driving me nuts. Now I can make it automatic. Love You!!! 

Have a request though, could you please add more platform specific slots in there because I need at least 2 more to build some additional features.  PRETTY PLEASE!!

4 hours ago, cemfundog said:

Hey man just wanted to let you know how much I am loving all these new additions. I am building all kinds of new things and more importantly, I am able to make my life easier now by using the new custom images tool. I used to have to redo every single platform view when I made a small change and it was driving me nuts. Now I can make it automatic. Love You!!! 

Have a request though, could you please add more platform specific slots in there because I need at least 2 more to build some additional features.  PRETTY PLEASE!!

I’ve increased it from 4 to 9, expect this version to be out in 1-2 weeks

50 minutes ago, y2guru said:

I’ve increased it from 4 to 9, expect this version to be out in 1-2 weeks

Perfect, Thank you!