LaunchBox Community Forums

Nostalgia |16:9| video Set 1.3.2

(13 reviews)

10 Screenshots

About This File

The idea of this set is to place the gameplay video in context, with the hardware of its time. A touch of nostalgia to better understand an unknown material especially for the youngest. Most of the montages use the EmuMovie gameplay videos. The others are mine.

This video set is also available in 4:3 ratio here

I also share the gameplay videos I create with the help of the community.
On EmuMovie FTP :       "Upload here > _Video Snap Submissions > Viking (Platform Video)"

/!\  IMPORTANT NEWS  /!\

Dad of 2 young children, I dont have enough time to make another video.
Thanks to him, @dragon57 are nicely create new video for this set. You can find additional videos here.

If other people are interested in creating video for this set, here is a Mega link to download a 7zip archive with some source files that will help you stay in the graphical lines.
Thank you for your help and your understanding! ;)

// VIDEO //

• Platform =  253 videos
  • Category = 5 videos

// INFORMATION //

• 16:9 format
  • HD resolution : 1920x1080px
  • MP4 format - H264 Codec - AAC audio - most with 30fps
  • EmuMovie or community video integration, unless not available, I created myself the games loop.

Arcade.jpg

// INSTRUCTION //

There is 2 way to download my videos :

Way 1 : The easy one

• In LaunchBox, go to "tools > Download platform video theme"
  • Select "Viking's Nostalgia (16x9)"
  • Clic "OK"

Way 2 : By hand

• Download files here one by one and copy into :    ... / LauchBox / Themes / <theme name> / Videos / Platforms / ...
  • Rename the videos exactly as the name of the desired platform in LaunchBox.
  • Launch BigBox

// PREVIEW //

Super Nintendo Entertainment System EUR.jpgSega Master System.jpgNintendo Wii.jpg

What's New in Version 1.3.2   See changelog

Released

• add +1 new CATEGORY video (favourite)
  • add +1 new PLATFORM video (Sega Naomi 2)
  • Like 46
  • Thanks 16
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Great stuff Viking, so much variety! :)

Would there be any possibility to implement videos for Steam, Uplay, Origin and Battle Net in the future?

Keep up the great stuff ;)

These videos are amazing, great work man. Would you be down to make platform category videos for manufacturers? Like Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Atari, SNK, GCE, NEC, ect?

OK OK OK ... I make a HUGE stupidity ...
Thinking I deleting a draft, I deleted all the thread for "NOSTALGIA 16:9"! :o:S:(:ph34r:

So I suggest that this thread brings together all the questions about NOSTALGIA videos, for both formats.

Sorry !

Thank you for this, it's a really awesome video set, my only issue has always been that I didn't like the choice of games for the PC ones, in particular having a racing game set as the first in the AAA titles, so I used your PC one and made it an overlay for this one :-)

Not sure if I like it 100% yet, I  might end up doing something more unique in the long run, but I think you did an awesome job, and you were truly an inspiration to me with your set of videos. Thank you!

• Like 3

hi. you know your videos  are the best in this webb?.

justt one request. atari classics. thanx for your effort annd dediication in this project

• Haha 1

On 14/12/2016 at 11:41 AM, Rincewind said:

woohoooo 16:9 versions thanks @viking

Very good Job!! Can you help me? I need the intro from the OUYA console.

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2017 at 8:02 AM, viking said:

Thx all !

@defleppard : Atari Classics ? With what hardware ? Arcade cabinet ??

@odygeo : I already make a Android one, with Samsung Edge. Not good ?

Yes sir, Atari Classics in an arcade cabinet. Also, SNK Classics if you would. These are playlists that are created with MAME rom imports.

Great job, btw!

Greetings and great work on these. I have a small request though.
Could you make one that features Doom exclusively ? I'm working on porting the Hyperspin Cacowards Doom Collection to LB.
For source material and perhaps an Enrichment of your collection, I recommend starting with this link.
https://zerojay.com/nextcloud/index.php/s/zbGHCHwwS07JJ81

This pack includes: Wheels, per wad video's, a system video, hyperspin themes, a copy of source ports used in the collection, Modules for Rocketlauncher, rocketlauncher media

Edited by Klopjero

This set is the best, works so well with your BarTop theme. Is there any plans to add Atari Classics & SNK Classic for the Arcade Platform?

1 hour ago, FishMonkey said:

This set is the best, works so well with your BarTop theme. Is there any plans to add Atari Classics & SNK Classic for the Arcade Platform?

Have you seen these I added to the collection?

Hi @dragon57

Great work indeed on your additions!
Is there any chance of you doing a 16:9 platform video for the Microbee home computer by Applied Technology (aka MicroBee Systems)?
I can supply 4 short game videos in mp4 if needed.

1 hour ago, spycat said:

Hi @dragon57

Great work indeed on your additions!
Is there any chance of you doing a 16:9 platform video for the Microbee home computer by Applied Technology (aka MicroBee Systems)?
I can supply 4 short game videos in mp4 if needed.

Sure, I can do one. Having your videos would definitely help. Why don't you host them somewhere and I'll download them. Send me a link.

18 hours ago, spycat said:

Many thanks for this @dragon57

Here is a We Transfer link to the videos zip download. Hope they will be of use to you.

https://we.tl/sARAwDeMM5

I have uploaded both 16:9 and 4:3 videos for the Applied Technology MicroBee platform in both my Nostalgia Additions sections. Let me know if the computer/monitor style works for you.

12 hours ago, Dane said:

Has a video for the SNES MSU1 been made?

Not to my knowledge. I could add this one to my list of videos if you want. What exactly would you want to see for a special MSU-1 version of the video? How do you want it different than the existing SNES video?