LaunchBox Community Forums

MASSIVE - 1000's of Clear Logos focusing on Genres/Categories (Part of The Papaw TV Collection) 4.1.2

(4 reviews)

11 Screenshots

About This File

This is a MASSIVE collection of clear logos focusing on Genres (categories) and with some Collections included. There is a download pack for 40 different platforms. There are 1000'S of clear logos in this collection. They work fine with all the available themes that I've tried. There is a separate download pack for each platform. Each downloaded zip contains 2 folders (one is a folder with the clear logos which is pretty much a drag-n-drop thing, the 2nd is a folder with matching playlists (auto-generated) if you wish to try them, (keep in mind the playlists are far from perfect and still being updated), along with Readme.txt that explains where everything goes. I was inspired to do this when I switched to the Retro Console Theme by cemfundog and some logo work done by scooter1974. It got me started when I wanted to create a couple for myself and well, that couple just keeps growing now.... Thanks to both of you for your help.

Per request, I added the complete set in a single file called for easier downloading. It contains everything that's in all the individual downloads. (it is the very last file in the downloads or use the link)

Complete Collection v4.1.1.zip (at the bottom of the list)

You can get the matching videos here:

Download Retro Console Theme: Retro Console Theme  or Retro Console Theme V2

These logos really pop if you set BigBox to use Platform Categories as the view. Of course, the better your genres are defined, the better your playlists (and logos) will work for you. That's why I included my matching playlists to help you get started if you have been putting it off like I did for years..haha. Make copies or backups of your files (the one mentioned in the Readme) then you can try these and if you don't like them, you can delete them and easily put things back like you had them.

As it stands right now, there are close to 20,000 files in the collection. If you are working with limited storage space, you can always download the systems you need, pick out the ones you want to use and delete the rest.

Each system download has the same content concerning the genres/categories, meaning if one system has a clear logo for "Baseball", every system will have a clear logo for "Baseball. I done it this way so if you add a new game and you choose a new genre for it that is new to your setup, and the genre files have already been installed from here, they will be picked up automatically for you.  (If I create a new category, genre or collection, it will be added it to all the systems.)

Concerning the Play Mode images:  I have tried to make all the images that pertain to the # of players, local, online, single player, multiple player, local co-op, split screen, 2-Player Alternating, etc., specific to each individual platform. Like the Xbox 360 images have 360 controllers on them or the Wii U images have a Wii U on one side and the Wii U Controller on the other. Just a added touch. All systems will play mode images for up to 8 players (starting in version 2) in both Simultaneous and Alternating, so I tried to fit many different setups, as we all have have different likes.

My objective it to finish through my library with the genres I have, then I will either begin all over again maybe focusing on Collections I have or try to make matching video snaps, not sure yet.

I will try to accept requests now for other genres/categories....I ask you be patient as I am only one old feller and I'll do the best I can. PLEASE keep requests to things that will have at least 5-10 games that will pertain to it. I am trying to focus it around single word genre/categories best I can.  

This is a work-in-progress and on-going I'm sure. The better the metadata, the better searches and organization it makes.

Here are the systems included so far:  (Updated to v4 on 06-15-20)

3DO Interactive
Arcade
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Atari Jaguar
Atari Lynx
Atari ST
ColecoVision
Commodore Amiga
Mattel Intellivision
Microsoft Xbox
Microsoft Xbox 360
NEC TurboGrafx-16
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 64
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Entertainment System
Nintendo Game Boy Advance
Nintendo Game Boy Color
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Wii U
ScummVM
Sega 32X
Sega CD
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Game Gear
Sega Genesis
Sega Saturn
Sharp X68000 - NEW
SNK Neo Geo AES
SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation 2
Sony Playstation 3
Sony Playstation 4 (no playlists) - New emulators are starting to show progress now so just preparing
Sony PSP
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Windows
Wonderswan Color

Feel free to leave comments, questions and suggestions and I will get back as soon as I can.

Edited by The Papaw

What's New in Version 4.1.2   See changelog

Released

Added all files in single download

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Not real relevant to your logo's but may want to check your playlists/artwork. You have a Bomberman game disguising itself as Pac-Man

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Not real relevant to your logo's but may want to check your playlists/artwork. You have a Bomberman game disguising itself as Pac-Man

Can you be more specific with which platform and the actual game name so I can check into it?

4 hours ago, therealvegasmike said:

it is a rom set of around 2000 arcade games. by platform do you mean mame?

I am needing to know what platform(s) / system(s) and what clear logo is wrong. Is it in the NES games or Arcade (mame) games? Also need the name of a the game(s) specifically do I can see what you are seeing? If you can give me a screenshot that would sure be a big help. If it is something in the playlists themselves, I am sure there are tons of mistakes in them as most of the data was scraped from the net and I have close to 20,000 games and can't go through each game, ya know?  I do try to update many of them as I go through the systems.

5 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

Can you be more specific with which platform and the actual game name so I can check into it?

It's one the 7 images you uploaded. I have no way of knowing what you call the game name or platform/playlist for sure.

1864932874_NECTurboGrafx-16.jpg.7c3fe1ae674d4736d5bbdd231b30959a.jpg

Ahhhh, thanks for the screenshot. The logo is fine, the bomberman part is actually a random video snap the theme is using. since there is no video snap for the Pac-man category...If you look at the screen shots above the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th are the only ones using non-random videos. Again, thanks for clarifying that with the screen shot

Edited by Wanderer189

56 minutes ago, Alucard205 said:

Love your work! You got almost everything in my collection. Would you be able to do a clear logo for metroid?

Sure, how is this?

Metroid.7z

16 minutes ago, Alucard205 said:

That's perfect and extreamly quick! Thank you!

Good deal. Do you use any of my videos, I just did them as well. 

Are these playlists supposed  to autopopulate with games? I have tried adding a few and no games showup. I downloaded the Arcade set because I have a full mame set imported but theplaylists all showed up empty :( What am I missing?

Yes they are autopopulate, but I am going to be doing a new update in the next day or so. The path to my games are not the default (using NAS for my rom storage), I will change the instructions to to show that, but I am assuming it is the path issue. Look at that and see if that is it, I will as well.

Thanks for the comment. I will get back after I look into and update.

1 hour ago, Wanderer189 said:

Yes they are autopopulate, but I am going to be doing a new update in the next day or so. The path to my games are not the default (using NAS for my rom storage), I will change the instructions to to show that, but I am assuming it is the path issue. Look at that and see if that is it, I will as well.

Thanks for the comment. I will get back after I look into and update.

Great, I will double check and also look forward to the update!

On 5/13/2020 at 9:53 PM, keyvisuals said:

Great, I will double check and also look forward to the update!

I am still working on the update, I am in the process of adding another few hundred more games first, mostly PS3, but others as well. Then I can finish with the update with additional clear logos and playlists. Gonna take a bit longer, but is coming soon.

not that it effects me only coz im not using any dreamcast but in your complete logos zip file 10gig version it MIGHT have been me as it only used standard downloader to get it but according to the repair archive your dreamcast zip file was corrupted, the rest extracted just fine.  had to do a repair on the zip file. and just now the gamecube was corrupted aswell.

nah its a mess, pieces all over the place ....i'll try and redownload it again and let you know the results. surely it cant be this broken

Edited by 2phenix9

4 hours ago, 2phenix9 said:

sorry, it is corrupted. wasn't zipped completely or uploaded properly. same error

I sure hate to hear that, thanks for the info. I will download it and see what happens on my end or may just create a new one and re-upload it. Might take me a few to get it done.

Edited by Wanderer189

1 hour ago, Wanderer189 said:

I sure hate to hear that, thanks for the info. I will download it and see what happens on my end or may just create a new one and re-upload it. Might take me a few to get it done.

fully understand mate, its not a small file by any means. i'm most definitely looking forward to it, im still rebuilding my rom collection. i lost 18tb in a header corruption of my 2 drives. 4 weeks later still going strong. the big one file will be alot easier for me to download. thanks man much appreciated :) 

3 hours ago, 2phenix9 said:

fully understand mate, its not a small file by any means. i'm most definitely looking forward to it, im still rebuilding my rom collection. i lost 18tb in a header corruption of my 2 drives. 4 weeks later still going strong. the big one file will be alot easier for me to download. thanks man much appreciated :) 

I can't get it to upload to the Launchbox website, they may be having issues. For now, you can download gdrive.

Complete Collection v4.1.1.7z

Thanks for letting me know about the problems and let me know if there are any with the new file. I hope to be updating a new version in the next couple months maybe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2phenix9 said:

not a problem mate, thanks so much for setting that up :D

Glad to help, And again, thanks for finding it for me and letting me know

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Virtual Postman said:

Hi logos look amazing, however im having an issue in that they are showing as far too large for the theme using retro console theme v2

Thx. Not sure exactly what you are saying, any chance you can take a screen shot and post it for me, so I can better understand? Then I can try it on my end and see if I have the same issue. The images can be re-sized real easy using something like FS-Image Editor (it's free), if that is what is needed. But if it is something in Retro  Console theme v2 resizing them, not much I would be able to do.

15 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

Thx. Not sure exactly what you are saying, any chance you can take a screen shot and post it for me, so I can better understand? Then I can try it on my end and see if I have the same issue. The images can be re-sized real easy using something like FS-Image Editor (it's free), if that is what is needed. But if it is something in Retro  Console theme v2 resizing them, not much I would be able to do.

Hi thanks, this is only happening in the v1 and v2 of the retro console theme, other themes they are the correct size.

Hi logos look amazing, however im having an issue in that they are showing as far too large for the theme using retro console theme v2

biglogos1.PNG

biglogos2.PNG

Edited by Virtual Postman
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Virtual Postman said:

biglogos1.PNG

biglogos2.PNG

That would be a theme issue, not the images themselves.

• Thanks 1