LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - 16:9 (Big Box Theme) 2.6.1

(8 reviews)

20 Screenshots

About This File

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section once updated in the future, if you want notifications for future updates be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner.

NEON DELUXE ARCADE - 16:9

-----------------------------------------------------
CREDITS

Huge thanks goes out to @y2guru for his Community Theme Creator Software and his endless personal help, also he created the animated wheels for this theme! @Hexxxer for the original inspiration of his FutureState theme. @Rincewind for the inspiration on his use of the icons. @faeranfor explaining the new marquee options in v12. Thanks guys!

INSTALLATION

1. Download the theme here and place the folder in Launchbox/Themes/

2. You might need to unblock the zip file or all the .DLL's in the plugin folder. Right click the zip or DLL files, choose properties and at the bottom you click "Unblock".

3. I recommend doing the following to speed up Big Box greatly: 

- Uncheck all Background Images in Launchbox > Tools > Options > Media > Background Priorities
 - Set all transitions to "None" in BigBox settings
 - Use the Clean Up media tool in launchbox/tools/Clean Up Media... (this can really speed up lists with thousands of games and duplicate media)
 - Defrag the drive that holds your media files

Hope you like and enjoy! ?

LINKS

Neon Deluxe Arcade is a series of themes and elements, if you like you can download these to accompany the complete theme, visit this page to see all my other work:
https://forums.launchbox-app.com/profile/88501-mr-retrolust/content/?type=downloads_file

Arcade stick and buttons sound pack, sounds really good with this theme:

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 2.6.1   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 12
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 5

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, TVsIan13 said:

For the alt view version, I'd like to request a platform wheel to match the Vertical View 2. Just something similar to that with the static wheel and video in the remaining space with info in the corners. Unless arranging it for 16:9 platform videos makes more sense, I'm not picky. The self-hiding wheels are jumpy on the machine in my arcade cabinet, so I'm a big fan of the static ones.

I tried to do it myself in the theme creator, but everything came up blank gray for me.

Thanks!

I'll see what I can do with this, makes sense to make the alt views version all with static wheels indeed.

1.8 - For 'Neon Deluxe Arcade - Alt Views' version

- Added new views, see screenshots. All have static wheels now. Also static wheels for platform requested by @TVsIan13 Changed the height of the 3D box in vertical view 2 & 3 to make it look better.

Platform view 1

p1.thumb.JPG.e0822f4aa09ab0099f56d3506f8770d2.JPG

Platform view  2

p2.thumb.JPG.2452bea2662a5defc826e2eed50f74d6.JPG

Vertical view 1

v1.thumb.JPG.2559becc1d5e267469c4e4e5b10bbe8e.JPG

Vertical view 2

v2.thumb.JPG.362309b47b79caca5ffa432b480d20f1.JPG

Vertical view 3

v3.thumb.JPG.22d78d808a680c9cc36cc16778be9531.JPG

Vertical view 4

v4.thumb.JPG.15d802626f9597ffc1c718c76573bebe.JPG

Horizontal view 1

h1.thumb.JPG.708c5f26b1714ee4e6e49797c93e9fa8.JPG

Horizontal view 2

h2.thumb.JPG.df0b3efdf2431d21c29efc9ee4b25ee4.JPG

Horizontal view 3

h3.thumb.JPG.2f8b01195b8ef30701c5f64ac31f0480.JPG

Edited by Mr. RetroLust
  • Thanks 1

@Mr. RetroLust I wanted to let you know about an issue with the background image in the options menu (you might already know). In the first options menu the background image looks normal and correct ratio but when you enter the options menu the background image looks cropped. On my 1080P monitor it looks fine but on my 1440P that is where it looks cropped. Its not a big deal, I think the issue started when you redesigned the theme with the theme creator.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kmoney said:

@Mr. RetroLust I wanted to let you know about an issue with the background image in the options menu (you might already know). In the first options menu the background image looks normal and correct ratio but when you enter the options menu the background image looks cropped. On my 1080P monitor it looks fine but on my 1440P that is where it looks cropped. Its not a big deal, I think the issue started when you redesigned the theme with the theme creator.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Thanks, I was aware of this. The options view is custom xaml and sadly I'm not experienced enough to fix it.

2 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks, I was aware of this. The options view is custom xaml and sadly I'm not experienced enough to fix it.

Ah gotcha, no worries. Really liking the new alt views version btw?

• Thanks 1

1.9 - For 'Neon Deluxe Arcade - Alt Views' version

- Fixed: Long standing issue: cropping of the wheel arrow at the left side

- New: Wheel arrow is now animated, subtly changing color

• Thanks 1

2.0 - For 'Neon Deluxe Arcade - Alt Views' version

- Fixed: Vertical backgrounds of the wheel weren't scaled properly causing background beneath it to show on top and bottom, hardly visible but still lol

First of all, first I would like to thank you for the excellent work you did in creating this theme, which, in my opinion, is the BEST that exists in the community.

My question is whether there is a way to add a visualization in which the platform video is stretched like the visualization that exists within the platform.

I use the videos that were distributed with the removal of the Hyperpie logo and it would be great to be able to hide the blur behind the theme.

If possible, it would certainly be the best of all worlds and I would be very grateful.

I put 3 photos to understand what I mean.

image.thumb.png.c5ce19b986e86c696a48fa0e4a0b5e42.pngimage.thumb.png.37b5994452692873469cf65233c9d6b4.png

THis is the picture that I'm trying to explain. I've made using photoshop.

image.thumb.png.7442d60436c1ffea9f2a27513ccdd40d.png

• Thanks 1

Warning: I am new but very coachable and usually really good at these things.

Hello everyone. I am so excited to be a part of this. I have started by importing Genesis, NES, SNES, N64, and NeoGeo roms. I have everything up and running. Games work. Everything works except a couple things I cannot figure out. When I get into BB I have my list of consoles on the left but nothing happens on the right. Like videos or pictures or info on the system. When I go into games, some music works but no videos play. Like I said the effects don't work and neither do videos. I will send some screenshots when I get home. Thank you everyone in advance.

8 hours ago, bradhowlett said:

Warning: I am new but very coachable and usually really good at these things.

Hello everyone. I am so excited to be a part of this. I have started by importing Genesis, NES, SNES, N64, and NeoGeo roms. I have everything up and running. Games work. Everything works except a couple things I cannot figure out. When I get into BB I have my list of consoles on the left but nothing happens on the right. Like videos or pictures or info on the system. When I go into games, some music works but no videos play. Like I said the effects don't work and neither do videos. I will send some screenshots when I get home. Thank you everyone in advance.

This question seems unrelated to this theme so I suggest posting your question in the troubleshooting forum: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/forum/64-troubleshooting/

1 hour ago, Holidaze said:

I keep getting this error.image.thumb.png.baa4c69cd8d1cd3def0baa3bd53bcdb9.pngCan you please help?

It looks like the theme can't link to an image which is supposed to be in the correct location. All I can think of is deleting the theme and reinstall it in the correct manner.

22 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

It looks like the theme can't link to an image which is supposed to be in the correct location. All I can think of is deleting the theme and reinstall it in the correct manner.

Ok I completely deleted the theme and re downloaded it. I unzipped it and moved it to my lunchbox/themes folder. it is still giving me the same error. Am I doing something wrong? You said to reinstall it in the correct manner. I believe what I did was right but maybe not. I really like this theme and want to use it so any help figuring this out would be great.

@Holidaze Strange, which version of Launchbox are you using? It's the right folder you installed it in "Launchbox/Themes" and then the folder of the theme should be named either "Neon Deluxe Arcade Final" or if you use the alt views version "Neon Deluxe Arcade Final - Alt Views", doing this should work, it does over here.

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

7 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

@Holidaze Strange, which version of Launchbox are you using? It's the right folder you installed it in "Launchbox/Themes" and then the folder of the theme should be named either "Neon Deluxe Arcade Final" or if you use the alt views version "Neon Deluxe Arcade Final - Alt Views", doing this should work, it does over here.

Thank you for the reply. I’m using 11.6. All files are correct and the theme is working but the error pops up every time I open big box or I go into the menu. I looked up the .png file and it does exist where it’s supposed to be. 

1 minute ago, Holidaze said:

Thank you for the reply. I’m using 11.6. All files are correct and the theme is working but the error pops up every time I open big box or I go into the menu. I looked up the .png file and it does exist where it’s supposed to be. 

Well that seems strange as it all should work. @C-Beats @Jason Carr Got any idea?

2 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Sorry to chime in @Holidaze did you Unblock the zip file before you unzipped it?

Thanks @Rincewind for reminding us, I usually forget this. I've updated the instructions to:

"2. You might need to unblock the zip file or all the .DLL's in the plugin folder. Right click the zip or DLL files, choose properties and at the bottom you click "Unblock"."

@Holidaze The issue most likely causing your error should be correct in the latest beta release. I would enable beta releases in LB and switch to it and see if you are still getting that error.

• Like 1

I was getting the same error as Holidaze using the 11.7 beta 5 release.  I think my error was the result of using an external drive with the exFAT file system.  Once I copied my set up over to a NTFS file system and reinstalled the theme, everything worked as expected.

Edited by Nineball
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 8:37 AM, C-Beats said:

@Holidaze The issue most likely causing your error should be correct in the latest beta release. I would enable beta releases in LB and switch to it and see if you are still getting that error.

@C-Beats, @Rincewind, @Mr. RetroLust thank you for the help. I have done all of the things that you suggested and I still have the error popping up. I did have to unblock the zip file but that seems not to have solved the issue after uninstalling and updating to Launchbox 11.7 beta. Any other suggestions would be welcome. @Nineball I just saw your post and turns out I am using an external. I will try your suggestion and let everyone know if it works. Thank you.

Edited by Holidaze
  • Like 1