LaunchBox Community Forums

31 Screenshots

About This File

Pulse is dark, responsive BigBox theme. No need for custom images. 125 device images and 135 cropped clear logos included. Views use: Clear logos, Videos, Fan art, Box Art, 3D Box Art and device images.

Made with: Community Theme Creator for BigBox 1.0.8.99 by y2guru

Views included (Version 1.1):

• System
  • HorizontalWheel1
  • HorizontalWheel2
  • HorizontalWheel3
  • PlatformWheel1
  • PlatformWheel2
  • PlatformWheel3
  • PlatformWheel4
  • TextFiltersView
  • TextGamesView

Views (Version 2.0)

• GameDetailsView
  • HorizontalWheel1GamesView
  • HorizontalWheel2GamesView
  • HorizontalWheel3GamesView
  • PlatformWheel2FiltersView (Viking's Colorful platform videos are recommended)
  • PlatformWheel3FiltersView
  • SystemView
  • TextFiltersView
  • TextGamesView
  • TextListView
  • WallGamesView
  • Wall2GamesView (If you want this to look good please remove all the title screenshots from games)

Fonts included: 

• BarlowSemiCondensed-ExtraBold
  • BarlowSemiCondensed-Medium
  • BarlowSemiCondensed-Regular

Barlow Semi Condensed - Google Fonts

Remember to refresh wheel images from BigBox options AND INSTALL THE FONTS! :)

Special Thanks to @Dan Patrick  and @bundangdon who helped me a lot with useful feedback. Dan also provided some icons and clear logos. There were others who gave me feedback, so thank you all for your help.

Screenshots and video preview uses videos and images made by others, including platform videos by @viking

Not taking any requests for missing assets.

Video Preview

Version 2.0

Version 1.1

Edited by Juketsu

What's New in Version 2.2.2   See changelog

Released

• Fixed search result view's platform title not showing.
  • Fixed 4:3 aspect vertical wheels too few items
  • Fixed Wall View 3 game info cut off
  • Added platform logo to Vertical Wheel Games View 4 and Horizontal Wheel 3 Games View
  • Fixed search result view's platform title not showing
  • Horizontal Wheel 1 Games View game title font size increased slightly
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 10

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

7 minutes ago, Juketsu said:

Thanks for the report. This bug is new to me. I will try to solve it. Don't really know why it's not working properly.

The same problem is with my other theme LV-101, I'm starting to think that this is a bug in launchbox or CTC. Don't know how to fix Page Up / Page Down scrolling.

On 1/6/2022 at 3:54 PM, Juketsu said:

You might want to try to tweak the theme yourself, if you need to make texts and images bigger.

Hi @Juketsu

As others have said, this theme is absolutely beautiful. I think it's the only theme I will ever need on my cab as it really completes the look perfectly.

There are just a few tiny tweaks that I'd love to do but can't find the source files for this one (you uploaded the source files for the version 1.x). 

Are the source files for this one uploaded? I've been playing around with the Theme Creator and watching a lot of the You Tube videos on it and, whilst I can't "build" a theme, I can certainly stand on the shoulders of giant (like yourself) and 'tweak' a theme...

Many thanks for all your hard work and releasing this great theme into the community, you can tell by the outpouring of positive feedback just how great your work is 🙂

2 hours ago, Johnny T said:

Hi @Juketsu

As others have said, this theme is absolutely beautiful. I think it's the only theme I will ever need on my cab as it really completes the look perfectly.

There are just a few tiny tweaks that I'd love to do but can't find the source files for this one (you uploaded the source files for the version 1.x). 

Are the source files for this one uploaded? I've been playing around with the Theme Creator and watching a lot of the You Tube videos on it and, whilst I can't "build" a theme, I can certainly stand on the shoulders of giant (like yourself) and 'tweak' a theme...

Many thanks for all your hard work and releasing this great theme into the community, you can tell by the outpouring of positive feedback just how great your work is 🙂

Thank you for the kind words. You can find the latest source files (2.2.2) here:

Concerning the wall views. Be aware that you must do the wall view wheels outside of CTC. When you publish, the wall views will not work. You have to take those views from the original published version and paste them to your version... it's a messy process, but I think you can handle it. 

If you wan't to change the wall view layouts you need to make some editing in text editor. I have made the wall view layouts in CTC and then manually added the wheels in text editor.

The wall view layouts in CTC are: 
WheelGamesView (WallGamesView)
Wheel2GamesView (Wall2GamesView)
Wheel3GamesView (Wall3GamesView)

• Thanks 1

Thank you Juketsu. If this gets a 16:10 version I will use for my Steam Deck. It's literally perfect. Any plans on a 16:10 version? If not do you think it would be hard to modify the theme for 16:10 using the community theme creator? Thanks again.

• Game On 1

On 2/14/2022 at 7:58 AM, Heroflex said:

Thank you Juketsu. If this gets a 16:10 version I will use for my Steam Deck. It's literally perfect. Any plans on a 16:10 version? If not do you think it would be hard to modify the theme for 16:10 using the community theme creator? Thanks again.

It should work already. Responsive theme. There might be some video stretching in some of the views.

I've not looked at the view but would assume you just need to add it as a logo to your playlist and then clear your image cache so it refreshes and picks up the new logo.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

I've not looked at the view but would assume you just need to add it as a logo to your playlist and then clear your image cache so it refreshes and picks up the new logo.

Thanks for the response! How do you clear your image cache? I placed the image in the playlist files but its not changing.  Revision!!!! I found it man. Thanks so much! Was easy to find in the menu and boom!!! Its a beautiful thing!image.thumb.png.a8354bee96e656939af646be42527949.png

Edited by Prestonjezek
  • Game On 1

Hi, been running an older version of this for a while as I had some custom edits, decided to grab the latest and really liking the update. I noticed if I do a game search and that search returns no results it seems to get stuck, is there a way to get out of this state?

Not sure if its view specific but i'm using the detail list game view, any help would be appreciated.

On 4/9/2022 at 4:30 PM, knapman said:

Hi, been running an older version of this for a while as I had some custom edits, decided to grab the latest and really liking the update. I noticed if I do a game search and that search returns no results it seems to get stuck, is there a way to get out of this state?

Not sure if its view specific but i'm using the detail list game view, any help would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear your having problems. Will need to check this when I have the time. I will report back here.

• Thanks 1

Ok, Just tried the search and it seems to get "stuck" when in Game Filter View where it reads "No games were found." The only way to get out is to get some search results, so you have to search again. In other views you can just go back. I really don't know why this happens and if there is something wrong with the theme or CTC or BigBox...

For me it doesn't allow me to search again, the first time picking the magnifying glass icon I get the search box popup, when after getting no results selecting the search button does nothing

On 4/12/2022 at 6:44 PM, Juketsu said:

Ok, Just tried the search and it seems to get "stuck" when in Game Filter View where it reads "No games were found." The only way to get out is to get some search results, so you have to search again. In other views you can just go back. I really don't know why this happens and if there is something wrong with the theme or CTC or BigBox...

@knapman Just tried this with other themes. My new Slipstream and even faeran's RetroMags has the same problem. So it seems it is a bug in CTC or BigBox. You should report this bug to the Launchbox team.

4 hours ago, Juketsu said:

@knapman Just tried this with other themes. My new Slipstream and even faeran's RetroMags has the same problem. So it seems it is a bug in CTC or BigBox. You should report this bug to the Launchbox team.

I would first say try the Default theme and a theme not made in the CTC (usually older ones are not). This way if it does not occur in those then this would likely be something Y2guru would need to see how the CTC is writing the code and then report it in his CTC thread. Not saying it may not ultimately be something LB team needs to look at, but more often Y2Guru can fix on his end first.

• Game On 1

Hey! I am new to launchbox and I LOVE your theme!

There is one odd thing that I would love to fix.

When I select a platform it looks correct like this:
QQWEEtB.jpg

a couple of seconds later the icon suddenly increases in size which looks odd.
MhsGU99.jpg

Can this be disabled? :)

10 hours ago, cholzer said:

Hey! I am new to launchbox and I LOVE your theme!

There is one odd thing that I would love to fix.

When I select a platform it looks correct like this:
QQWEEtB.jpg

a couple of seconds later the icon suddenly increases in size which looks odd.
MhsGU99.jpg

Can this be disabled? :)

Hey cholzer! Glad you are getting into LB. There is a great program for creating themes called the Community Theme Creator.

Juketsu used that to make this theme. If you download the CTC files for this theme then you can find and delete that animation or image. I know that may not be the answer you're looking for but once you load up the CTC files it's surprisingly simple to alter a couple things. Then just save it and put that new version in your themes folder. The CTC is similar Photoshop or adobe Illustrator.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Thornback said:

That second image is supposed to be a platform video theme. Have you downloaded these?

no I did not - I have downloaded them now, but honestly I would prefer to just have the image (without the "zoom") instead of a video playing. 😅

On 6/28/2022 at 9:55 AM, cholzer said:

no I did not - I have downloaded them now, but honestly I would prefer to just have the image (without the "zoom") instead of a video playing. 😅

Did you download Vikings platform videos 16:9? Although the fallback image should not be zoomed. So it's a bug that should be fixed.

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2022 at 7:59 AM, Juketsu said:

Did you download Vikings platform videos 16:9? Although the fallback image should not be zoomed. So it's a bug that should be fixed.

Yeah I did. I also had a look at the other available videos. I really prefer to have just the still image instead of a video. 😅
would be great if that bug could get fixed. :)

Sorry. You will have to wait a long time unless you fix it yourself with the CTC-files I have provided or just use another platform view.