LaunchBox Community Forums

Default Plus 1.62

(0 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

The newest version of this theme requires version 13.3, or higher.

An alternative to the LaunchBox Default theme. This theme's main difference is the Game Details. Providing an alternative layout, with an image border at the top, and smooth animations upon load.

5.thumb.jpg.e8e7ee8ec72ca763b04f9ef9fb3cf452.jpg

The theme also has icon support on the side bar. Around 90 controller images have been added to the theme to showcase how it works, but the images can be changed out to anything you'd like (icons must be in png format).

The icons can be replaced in the following location (restart of LaunchBox is required).

• LAUNCHBOX\LBThemes\Default Plus\Images\Icons

Installation

• Extract the Default Plus folder into LaunchBox\LBThemes
  • In LaunchBox, open Options, under Visuals > Main Window Theme and select Default Plus from the dropdown.

What's New in Version 1.62   See changelog

Released

• The advanced search hint popup has been added
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 6
  • Game On 2
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 minute ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

Cool theme! 12.7? I'm still on 12.6 with no update available....

Will need a beta until 12.7 is officially released.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

Cool theme! 12.7? I'm still on 12.6 with no update available....

Can hop on beta and use it. 12.7 should be out pretty soon though.

• Like 1

This is fantastic! Wow! The auto banner image in the game details set up is really nice! I encourage playing with background priorities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dig this so much I did a little experimenting this evening. Proof of concept. I need to find/make better panel graphics. Messing around with some platform fanart

DefaultPlusMegalo.PNG

Megalokyo1.PNG

Megalokyo2.PNG

Edited by TinyTsuruta
  • Like 1

Boom. Figured a neat trick out:

1. Set to use game background images on
  2. Go to background priorities and uncheck all
  3. See the image of my GIMP sample. 1080p background image in the middle. Put whatever you want at the top. This will be your "dynamic platform banner"
  4. Add that image as a platform fanart
  5. You have a themed Launchbox that is super fast (game background images, while awesome, can slow things down. This works around it. One image per platform does the background and banner. If using a different theme, the "banner" does not visually exist)

Edit: Added some more samples. Having fun with this. Might have to make an add-on pack 

DefaultPlusTokyoDreamsWorkingSample.thumb.PNG.a505c29438eda2978779614e6ec2bc14.PNGDefaultPlusBackgroundImageTrick.thumb.PNG.e5bb297a926b7cfa4508bc4db10f87ac.PNG

SegaModel3Plus.PNG

DoujinSoftPlus.PNG

Edited by TinyTsuruta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Whatscheizer said:

How are you guys getting videos to show up on the right hand side of the screen? None of mine do.

Assuming you have videos, in LaunchBox go into Options > Visuals > Game Details, and turn on: Show Videos

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, faeran said:

Assuming you have videos, in LaunchBox go into Options > Visuals > Game Details, and turn on: Show Videos

Oh that's awesome. LOL I've been spending most of my time in BigBox so I'm not as familiar with the Launchbox desktop app as I should be... Honestly with as nice as this looks especially with videos its too bad there isn't just a controller supported version of this.

Thanks for the theme and the pointing me in the right direction!

1 hour ago, Gamer1000 said:

I am running Launchbox 12.7 premium. I installed this theme all i saw was the default theme that comes with aunchbox. i have other themes that do work so something is up with this theme. Any ideas ?

Works just fine here. Make sure you unzipped correctly, should just be a folder with the theme name and a bunch of files and folders inside of that, if you have, theme name/theme name/files and folders you unzipped incorrectly.

Icon support in the side bar!! I've been waiting on this for forever. Will this feature be added to the default theme as an option? 

Are icons supported for platform categories and playlists too?

And the banner at the top looks excellent - in particular for arcade games. Great work. 

Edited by Retrofrogg

40 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

Icon support in the side bar!! I've been waiting on this for forever. Will this feature be added to the default theme as an option? 

Are icons supported for platform categories and playlists too?

And the banner at the top looks excellent - in particular for arcade games. Great work. 

At the moment, there's no plans to add this. But it's always on the table when we get around to creating 100+ similar icons that can be used for it, and that we are happy with. In saying that, anyone can add this to any theme, including the default them themselves, and then customize the icons in whatever way they choose.

Icons do work on the Platform Categories section. They should also work in all the other filter types too.

• Like 1

Can we get the banner area to show the marquee for arcade?

Edit: I figured out how to edit the xaml to do this. I disabled the clear logo appearing there, and set the marquee as the top priority in Launchbox for game background view. I then changed the stretch type to "fill". Now the marquees appear nicely at the top!

Edited by Retrofrogg

The "black bars at the sides of videos" issue seem to have come back with this theme? I tried chaging PreviewBackground from "Black" to "Transparent" but that doesn't seem to do the trick!

Edit: changing the following fixed it:

ForceVideoPreview16X9="False"

Is there a way to reduce the fade in time of the Banner and the rest of the game details?

Edited by Retrofrogg

Another thing - the platform icons are a bit close to the "expand" arrow:

image.png.c0eddd813cba49ff6582f7793f94cb02.png

Adding some space after the arrow, and reducing the space that comes after the icon would look better IMHO. It would also be nicer I think if the icons could be square rather than rectangular. The QuickPlay frontend does this pretty well:

image.png.36ac5f6893b0e1ca521e83ed6e20b9c9.png

Sorry for the spamming lol. Is there a way to get the theme to show the "background" image in the marquee area, but if there isn't one then show the clear logo? The default seems to be to show one on top of the other.

On 3/4/2022 at 5:25 PM, Retrofrogg said:

Sorry for the spamming lol. Is there a way to get the theme to show the "background" image in the marquee area, but if there isn't one then show the clear logo? The default seems to be to show one on top of the other.

I probably won't be circling back to this theme for a while, but the code  is there if you'd like to take a crack at it.

On 3/5/2022 at 2:43 AM, Wally said:

Could you apply Uniform grid in this theme as well?

I'm not sure if this is something I'd want to do, as it wasn't the intent of this theme, but you can simply apply it by dragging and dropping another theme's Views\BoxesContentView.xaml file into this one.

• Like 1

Hi,  Great theme!

But I have a problem; I don't want the game title to appear in my banner; how do I disable it?

16 hours ago, emul8 said:

Hi,  Great theme!

But I have a problem; I don't want the game title to appear in my banner; how do I disable it?

Here's how i fixed it:

Find the GameDetailsView.xaml file in the themes folder

Find this line of code:

<panel:OutlinedTextBlock Text="{Binding Title}" Fill="{Binding ForegroundBrush}" FontFamily="{Binding TitleFontFamily}"
                    FontSize="24" FontWeight="{Binding TitleFontWeight}" FontStyle="{Binding TitleFontStyle}"
                    TextWrapping="Wrap" TextAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" Stroke="#333333" StrokeThickness="2">
                    <panel:OutlinedTextBlock.Style>

Simply change the FontSize="24" to FontSize="0.1" and StrokeThickness="2" to StrokeThickness="0.1"

Font will be so small; that it is practically invisible.  Value must be greater than zero, or it breaks the game details style

Works well if your banner already has a game title! 😁

Although I think a menu option isn't too complicated to implement; for now this quick and dirty workaround does the job

Edited by Zakiu

Still struggling to get the marquee to appear without the logo on top of it, but for the logo to appear if there is no marquee (and the game title to appear if there is neither). Any clues?

Hi,

This has always been, and most likely always will be my LB theme, but one little thing would be great to change...

The large Platform header you can see in the screenshot...is there anyway to make that smaller, or even remove it?

Thanks for a great theme!

Dave

Screenshot 2023-01-24 141827.png