LaunchBox Community Forums

Phill's Doodles - Retrorama 1.2.0

(14 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Hello everyone!

My Name is Filipe and i've been making some themes for emulationstation, specially for the Retropie version. I've bought a license on the last Black friday sale and started to messing with Launchbox and i loved it! it's such an awesome frontend!
I started to learn about custom themes and made a port of one of my ES themes to Launchbox. I hope you like it!
Special thanks for @CriticalCid for all the help and for his awesome theme, without it, i surely wouldn't understand XAML for sure!

What's New in Version 1.2.0   See changelog

Released

Version 1.2 - Fixed most of font and resolution resize problems. Also customized options and music screens. Added more systems and playlists.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 13
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi- This theme looks amazing!  Is there a setting at all which will allow this to render in 4:3 resolutions?  Everything is in a wrong place on my cabinet which runs a screen at 1280x1024?

Thanks

OMG!  I am TOTALLY BLOW AWAY!  What incredible talent, man!

I stared at artwork so long that I didnt even care to play a game! hahahahahaha. How are the updates for themes coming along on other platforms like IREM. Windows and A few others?  I am following this thread and can not tell you how happy I am to have this on my cab and thakn you over and over and over again for your hard work in this.
Where is the donation button for you brother?  Would love to buy ya few beers!

Keep it up!!!!!!

That's such a shame, this is not only the most unique looking theme but also simply one of the best. However too much missing for popular platforms to use if it is never going to be updated.

Love this theme but I do have one issue with it. Some systems have the nice two page comic book like list view for the game list but others like playstation for evamble have a cover flow like interface instead. how do I get all of them to look like picture 1? Some are looking like picture 2.

picture 1.PNG

picture 2.PNG

3 minutes ago, FoulSpud said:

Love this theme but I do have one issue with it. Some systems have the nice two page comic book like list view for the game list but others like playstation for evamble have a cover flow like interface instead. how do I get all of them to look like picture 1? Some are looking like picture 2.

picture 1.PNG

picture 2.PNG

All themes have several views you can cycle through, either set a button to switch view and use it, or go to options/views and uncheck the box for different view per platform.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:02 PM, neil9000 said:

All themes have several views you can cycle through, either set a button to switch view and use it, or go to options/views and uncheck the box for different view per platform.

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

This looks amazingly beautiful. Would use this but seems lacking gameplay videos... if you could add then it's a shoo in :)

1 hour ago, vaderag said:

This looks amazingly beautiful. Would use this but seems lacking gameplay videos... if you could add then it's a shoo in :)

Gameplay videos do not come with themes; you need to get them either from Emumovies or your preferred provider :)

12 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Gameplay videos do not come with themes; you need to get them either from Emumovies or your preferred provider :)

That wasn't my comment - it seems there is no place for the gameplay videos IN the theme (at least in the demo vid it's all static images?)

10 minutes ago, vaderag said:

That wasn't my comment - it seems there is no place for the gameplay videos IN the theme (at least in the demo vid it's all static images?)

Ah, I see what you mean. I haven't used the theme so don't know, but might be fairly easy to just change the gameplay screenshot with the video path. Don't know for sure though.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

@Tyrant, i just saw your review. Unfortunately this theme is abandoned as the developer has left the scene.

Hmm,  Well I guess I'll take a crack at it.