LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

9 hours ago, Opak said:

The easiest workaround would be to just copy the letter ą and press ctrl+v everytime you need it. I'm not sure how common that letter is, it could be a bit annoying.

Yep, it can be a pain in the **s, but Ima give it a try and see for myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marceli said:

What is "Scrape As" term referring to? Help me understand cause I've never encountered it inside LaunchBox.

If you dont use the default platform names when importing and type your own instead you can set it to "scrape as" a platform for media. For example i have a "Sega Mega Drive" platform but i set it to scrape as "Sega Genesis" so i get all the correct information.

16 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

If you dont use the default platform names when importing and type your own instead you can set it to "scrape as" a platform for media. For example i have a "Sega Mega Drive" platform but i set it to scrape as "Sega Genesis" so i get all the correct information.

So it's something like Mark as 'your-platform-name' ? I'm having trouble translating it so it makes sense in Polish.

3 minutes ago, marceli said:

So it's something like Mark as 'your-platform-name' ? I'm having trouble translating it so it makes sense in Polish.

It is so that you can call the platform whatever you want, but still have is scrape the correct info. For example if you name a platform NES launchbox doesnt actually no what that is as NES is not in the database, Nintendo Entertainment System is though. So you can name it NES but scrape as Nintendo Entertainment System so you get the correct platform information and correct game information for NES.

image.thumb.png.0a284b5ff1e2624a8e3a30d6c9f306a8.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, the 9.2 release is now feature-complete, so it's time to jump in on the translations. I also made sure I got the change notes in there this time as well. ;)

If possible I'd like to get this release out either on Thursday or Friday, as I'd like to get it out before Christmas without pushing too far up onto Christmas day. As always, thank you all very, very much. :)

@Opak @dukeemu @cyanjiang @Bardock @MajKSA @gamehacker @Cauptain @Kondorito

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, the 9.2 release is now feature-complete, so it's time to jump in on the translations. I also made sure I got the change notes in there this time as well. ;)

If possible I'd like to get this release out either on Thursday or Friday, as I'd like to get it out before Christmas without pushing too far up onto Christmas day. As always, thank you all very, very much. :)

@Opak @dukeemu @cyanjiang @Bardock @MajKSA @gamehacker @Cauptain @Kondorito

I had already translated the beta version.

I'll make arevision and when I get home send it.

Claudio

• Like 1