LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Feedback

Jason Carr

And of course there's always the sliding boxes like the sony xmb then when you idle on one, the background and music comes. I don't know if that's something you would want to make a separate option for or something that would be the main but that would work too if you think this would be too heavy on the system. Oh, pfft, I already talked about that earlier in this post though :P Forgot. So many websites. So difficult to remember what I said in each one lol.

I have 3 things to report about the controller autohotkey function, maybe im doing something wrong and I would love some help 1) when I use the close active window on PJ64 v1,6 it closes but it gives me an error message saying "Switching Resolutions failed to initialize Direct3D Error Code 8876086C D3DERR_INVALIDCALL" 2) when I use close active window on epsxe it will close it but the audio from the game keeps playing. its very frustrating and I cant find a fix 3)close active window wont work in ZSNES

Hi @Badhoagie91, in the 4.3 betas (and in the official that should be out tomorrow) there's a new AutoHotkey tab for each emulator that will allow you to add custom scripts for each emulator to deal with closing them out, among other things. We are working to populate these scripts for each emulator. I'll see if I can't get those three emulators working.

Also I'm running into some issues with running through Steam Big mode, the steam overlay wont come up properly when I pres the guide button, this is a big deal for me as I plan to use Big Box with steam Link and the steam controllerUntitled.png Update: the autohotkeys now work flawlessly to shut down all the emulators. Now thats customer service. Thank you so much :)
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...

Select one of the views (e.g., Genres, custom, or ALL GAMES) to display by default instead of platforms. Some of us have 1 platform, or don't care about the platform when finding/choosing a game. Thanks for listening!

Edited by mattsoft

On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 9:09 PM, Jason Carr said:

Let's hear your Big Box love/hate/suggestions!

I love the ability to utilize led blinky with my buttons sometime soon with bigbox. I know nothing about programming, but was wondering about checking out the developers kit over at ultimarc? 

Controlling LEDs from your own programs

An SDK is available which includes a DLL to provide an API to enable LED control in your programs. The SDK includes the DLL, plus example source code showing its use. A test program for checking operation of the DLL is also included.

The SDK is detailed on our PROGRAMMING PAGE

http://www.ultimarc.com/programming.html

Edited by steve73

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't check to see if this has been brought up yet, but I am getting frustrated with how long it takes for bigbox to begin scrolling through the clear logos after you have held the move arrows up or down.  The hesitation is too long and it messes up the quick response flow that you have if you just repeatedly tap the key.  Is there a way to adjust the delay to initiate fast scrolling once you have held the up or down keys?  It should really be brought down to close to instant/little to no wait to begin scrolling.  Just bought lifetime, and excited about the progress, it's just those little things that sometimes make things hard to get into. thanks!

• 3 months later...

So... @noxx kindly gave me a script that allows me to press "start and select" on xbox controller to exit whatever emulator and return to bigbox. With this starting point iv learnt how to "select + lb" = save state and "select + rb" = load state. Feeling confident I decided I was going to BADLY write a script that when in bigbox mode pressing "select + start + lb + rb" would run a fullscreen png saying "shutdown pc, a = yes, b =no" etc. Pressing "a" will shutdown pc, pressing "b" would kill png and return to bigbox.

And then it occurred to me after 2 days of writing this that bigbox will have a shutdown option wont it. Of course it ******** does. What a idiot. lol. 

Im working towards a controller only machine, no keyboard or mouse, I have nieces and nephews that break stuff so my suggestion/request is to allow "shutdown" while locked for bigbox. Please. Much the same way as "allow exit while locked".

I think the controller support could be better in bigbox

After Boot and Autostart i cant control bigbox with my controller. I must press the left mouse button, after this my controller works.

Edited by noxx