LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulator Settings for All Platforms

Jason Carr

I'm attempting to work through the issues with the uploads; sorry for that, everybody. I believe I have batch files (and uploads) fixed for everyone. People should be able to upload now, including batch files. Please let me know if you can't. Unfortunately, the odd behavior with the backslashes seems more like a glitch with the forums software than anything else, so I don't have a solution to that one right away.

• 2 weeks later...
Jason Carr said I'm attempting to work through the issues with the uploads; sorry for that, everybody. I believe I have batch files (and uploads) fixed for everyone. People should be able to upload now, including batch files. Please let me know if you can't. Unfortunately, the odd behavior with the backslashes seems more like a glitch with the forums software than anything else, so I don't have a solution to that one right away.
You can use & # 9 2 ; without spaces to display a \

bd000 said I have created a script that will create a launch script for each game that can be easily added to LB. Download the zip file and extract it to your desktop (must be on your desktop for the script to work). Then run the script. You will be prompted to enter the romset directory, so open up the folder that contains your (using cps2 as an example) cps2 roms and copy the path from the address bar. Paste this path into the popup generated by the script. You will then be prompted to enter the path to the emulator. Repeat the above step only from your emulator directory. You need the full path for this one, that includes the .exe file. E.g. C:\Emulators\WinKawaks\WinKawaks.exe This script will then create a launch script for each game and put it in its own folder. The next part you need to do manually. Go to your ROM directory and you will see all the new folders. You need to rename each folder to the actual name of the game, not the short name. DO NOT rename the batch files inside them. So the folder named sfa2 (still using cps2 as example) you can rename to Street Fighter Alpha 2 but the .bat file inside that folder must remain sfa2.bat I know this is a tedious task, but it will save you time, trust me. . Now, open LB and go to ' Tools > Import Games > From ROM Files... ' Folder with ROM files to Import: - Point this to your CPS2 ROM directory (that contains all the new folders) Platform for imported ROMs: - Capcom Play System 2 (still using cps2 as example) File Filter: - *.bat (This is important, don't miss it) Emulator for imported ROMs: - ! LEAVE THIS BLANK ! you do not need to do this, the batch file handles this part. . Check the box - Don't import games with the same title... etc Uncheck the box - Search for and download game information... etc Uncheck the box - Search for and download images... etc Check the box - Look in subfolders as well Check the box - Use folder names instead of ROM file names for game titles. . Launch box will then add all the batch files as games and name them as their folder name. That's it your done. All your roms should be imported to LB with the correct names. This might seem complicated at first glance or too much work, but it is actually pretty straight forward, easy and much faster than adding every game individually. I have made it as easy and as automated as I could for you. Oh, you can delete the script.bat from you desktop now, you no longer need it. Unless you plan to use it with a different compatible emulator. Hope this helps someone.
Hi bd000 clicked on link for your script but cant find where to download it i am trying to get the M2 emulator to work but when i click on sega model 2 game only the M2 emulator opens and then i have to select the game from the emulator could you give link to the script or if there is another way to launch sega model 2 games have been all over google to no avail to get the games to launch. Thanking you in advance

Odd, I was able to download it. I will try pasting the code. Hope this works. Code removed!
See THIS post.
Create a txt file on your desktop and rename it winwarks.bat Right click and choose edit, or use your preferred text editor. Paste the code above and save. Run the winwarks.bat file (a simple double click will do it) and follow the instructions from the quoted text in your last post. Let me know if you need any more assistance. I have to go right now, got some things to do, but I will check on you later. Best of luck. Smile

Hi bd000, created the text file and renamed it winwarks.bat when i click on it i get this happens.jpg it goes straight to add emulator instead of prompting me to enter romset directory and creates the filelist.txt and the usermessage2.vbs oh the desktop, so am stumpted at moment thanking you in advance

OK, let me take a look... Lets simplify this, lets get rid of the vbs scripts, you can add the paths to the script yourself. There is also no need to limit the location to the desktop, so lets scrap that too. Use this:
@echo off :: Change these to relevant paths (NO QUOTES) set roms=enter\location\of\romset\here (no quotes) set emu=enter\full path\to\emu (no quotes) set exe=emu_name.exe ::############################################################### ::############################################################### ::############################################################### :: Change nothing below here. ::############################################################### set batloc=%~dp0 :: Creates a temp filelist of the romset cd /d "%roms%" for /f "delims=" %%f in ('dir /A-D /B /O:GEN') do echo %%~nf>> "%batloc%\filelist.txt" cd /d "%batloc%" :: Creates a temp batch file which serves as the template to be duplicated echo cd ..> template.bat echo start "Emulator" "%emu%\%exe%" %%~n0>> template.bat :: Creates a "launcher" batch file for each entry in the filelist mkdir "%batloc%\output" set output=%batloc%\output for /f "usebackq delims=," %%b in (`TYPE filelist.txt`) do copy template.bat "%output%\%%b.bat" del filelist.txt del template.bat :: Moves each batch file to it's own folder cd /d "%output%" for %%m in (*.bat) do ( md "%%~nm" 2>nul move "%%m" "%%~nm" ) :: Finish up msg * Finished! Now rename all folders to the game name. start "" "%output%"
Change the following lines to the relevant paths: set roms=enter\location\of\romset\here (no quotes) set emu=enter\full path\to\emu.exe (including .exe, no quotes) e.g. set roms=c:\emulators\winkawaks\roms set emu=c:\emulators\winkawaks\winkawaks.exe Note: The script will create an output folder wherever the batch file is located when you run it. This is the directory that will contain the scripts. Rename the folders inside the output directory to the game names you will use in LB. DO NOT rename the batch files. Then move them all to your games directory in the relevant platform folder. E.g. c:\launchbox\games\CPS2\ If you have any more issues, let me know.

Hi bd000 followed your tutorial to the letter here is bat created @echo off :: Change these to relevant paths (NO QUOTES) set roms=C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\Model 2\ROMS set emu=C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\Model 2\emulator_multicpu.exe ::############################################################### ::############################################################### ::############################################################### :: Change nothing below here. ::############################################################### set batloc=%~dp0 :: Creates a temp filelist of the romset cd /d "%roms%" for /f "delims=" %%f in ('dir /A-D /B /O:GEN') do echo %%~nf>> "%batloc%\filelist.txt" cd /d "%batloc%" :: Creates a temp batch file which serves as the template to be duplicated echo start "Emulator" %emu% %%~n0> template.bat :: Creates a "launcher" batch file for each entry in the filelist mkdir "%batloc%\output" set output=%batloc%\output for /f "usebackq delims=," %%b in (`TYPE filelist.txt`) do copy template.bat "%output%\%%b.bat" del filelist.txt del template.bat :: Moves each batch file to it's own folder cd /d "%output%" for %%m in (*.bat) do ( md "%%~nm" 2>nul move "%%m" "%%~nm" ) :: Finish up msg * Finished! Now rename all folders to the game name. start "" "%output%" this creates the output file i then renamed them to games name and placed them in rom directory of m2 emulator. then i imported one into Launchbox and this is result launchgame.jpg and here is the bat it created for game start "Emulator" C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\Model 2\emulator_multicpu.exe %~n0

Hi bd000 and thanks for all your help well its launching m2 emu now but it tells me i have files missing see jpgSoclose.jpg so game wont launch on my end it seems but will launch fine and play if i run through m2 emulator itself thanks for all the help and time youve put into this really appreciated launching the bat also creates an empty nvdata folder in same folder as game bat file

OK, I was able to recreate and found the problem. I updated the script. Seems that you need to be in the emulators directory in order for it to work. Which means I had to separate the emulators path and actual exe into two separate variables. So now you need to add: Path to rom directory Path to emu directory (don't included emu_name.exe, just the directory) Executable name (e.g. emulator_multicpu.exe) I missed this because my script is a little more complex and is already in the emulator directory when it hits this command.

EDIT I just found an error, it is corrected now but if you happened to copy it before I fixed it, then your batch will fail. It is good now so copy it again. I'm so tired, I really need to go to bed.

Maddoc1007 said Me too its 3.31a.m here lol thanks for all your help sorting me out bd000Smile
No probs. Anytime. Smile Yeah, I live in England at present so it was 3.31am for me too. Was up at 6.30am this morning and had a busy day so far. Got one more errand to run shortly, then I should be able to relax for the rest of the afternoon. At least until I pick my son up from school.