LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulator Settings for All Platforms

Jason Carr

A new method to run Dreamcast with demul without personalize all manual games 1- Download and install autoit (like Autohotkey, but more complex) https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/ 2- create a script and copy-paste this:
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 1) $app = "D:\Dreamcast\Emuladores\Dreamcast\demul.exe" $system = "dc" HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate") If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then Run($app & ' -run=' & $system & ' -image="' & $CmdLine[1] & '"') WinWaitActive ( "gpu" ) Send("!{ENTER}") ProcessWaitClose("demul.exe") EndIf Func Terminate() ProcessClose ( "demul.exe" ) EndFunc Send("!{ENTER}")
Exit 0 OBS: In $app, put your emulator directory. Uncheck Fullscreen Option in Video Option, because the script uses alt+enter when it run. Press ESC to close the emulator 3- save it with .au3 extension. right click in the script and choose compile script (no x64, no x86, only compile script) 4- Now, create a new launcher on launchbox like this: http://i.imgur.com/EMJsCsW.png 5- be happy!

monyarm said how do you configure FS-UAE ?
At the moment the latest dev build allows you to run all non a1200 games just my using the command line on fs uae lanchher. every whdload game I have tried has worked 100% so you just need fs-uae-launcher name of your zip file and it will auto run it in a a600 with 8meg of ram I hope he adds more options soon

@sagaopc, not sure if you'd be willing to help in this area, but long-term I want to come up with AutoHotkey scripts for most emulators that we can distribute with LaunchBox, that do a few helpful things: - Ensure that Escape works to close the game/emulator - Ensure that the game is immediately shown fullscreen without any windows showing up or any other distractions before the game is shown - Ensure that the game is closed without any windows showing up or any other distractions I know that HyperLaunch does this pretty well, but it's configuration is so convoluted; I'd like to be able to integrate these into LaunchBox so it all just works. It's an eventual goal. Just mentioning it because I see you're pretty knowledgeable with AutoHotkey-style scripting. :)

This Script was to worked at Atomiswave and Naomi, because it Works on Advanced Launch too, but I don't know why it only working on dreamcast only....
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 1) $app = "D:\Atomiswave\Emuladores\Atomiswave\demul.exe" $system = "awave" HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate") If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then Run($app & ' -run=' & $system & ' -image="' & $CmdLine[1] & '"') WinWaitActive ( "gpu" ) Send("!{ENTER}") ProcessWaitClose("demul.exe") EndIf Func Terminate() ProcessClose ( "demul.exe" ) EndFunc Send("!{ENTER}")
This is a AutoIt script, It's a bit diferent at Autohotkey, because that, I can't adapt this....

Is anyone using MAME v0.164 I get an error about -nowindows being an unknown option. Ok did a little searching and found this http://easyemu.mameworld.info/mameguide/mameguide-options.html if you click on -windows it gives you opposites to the command which lists -nowindows and -now. If you change -nowindows to -now it works again with no error message.

• 2 months later...
Jason Carr said Thanks @sagaopc. I can't find a license to see if it'd be legal to include AutoIt with LaunchBox.
Hi Jason, I don't use AutoIt (yet) but found their license here: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/license.htm I myself am looking at ways to close PCSX2 reliably with all different Fullscreen and Nogui parameters and will update you soon with it so you can include it in LaunchBox if you want. Mike

Hi guys. Does anybody know how to set the 1964 emulator for the N64? I'm using a modded version that lets you play GoldenEye (and Perfect Dark too, but glitchy) at constant 60 fps. I rightclick on GoldenEye, Edit -> Emulation -> Add. Then navigate until the .exe and when I try to play GoldenEye the only thing I get is the emulator opening, heh. I need some command lines or scripts but I have no idea how to figure them out. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...