LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulator Settings for All Platforms

Jason Carr

@orac31 just make sure you have the addresses right when creating the winwarks bat they must be spelled and capilization the same easiest way to do that is by copying address in address bar. then naming the roms as i showed and pointing to the bat files. also make sure to set up emulator outside of LaunchBox for controls video etc and they should all work fine for you. To check if they are working just click on one of the created bat files before adding them to LaunchBox When you click on edit for one of the created bat files it should look something like this cd /d "C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\cps3emulator" start "Emulator" "C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\cps3emulator\emulator.exe" %~n0 with the " " included see above

right this is the bat file I am using now @echo off :: Change these to relevant paths (NO QUOTES) set roms=F:\LaunchBox\Games\Capcom CPS3 set emu=F:\Launchbox\Emulators\Capcom Play System III set exe=emulator.exe ::############################################################### ::############################################################### ::############################################################### :: Change nothing below here. ::############################################################### set batloc=%~dp0 :: Creates a temp filelist of the romset cd /d "%roms%" for /f "delims=" %%f in ('dir /A-D /B /O:GEN') do echo %%~nf>> "%batloc%\filelist.txt" cd /d "%batloc%" :: Creates a temp batch file which serves as the template to be duplicated echo cd ..> template.bat echo start "Emulator" "%emu%\%exe%" %%~n0>> template.bat :: Creates a "launcher" batch file for each entry in the filelist mkdir "%batloc%\output" set output=%batloc%\output for /f "usebackq delims=," %%b in (`TYPE filelist.txt`) do copy template.bat "%output%\%%b.bat" del filelist.txt del template.bat :: Moves each batch file to it's own folder cd /d "%output%" for %%m in (*.bat) do ( md "%%~nm" 2>nul move "%%m" "%%~nm" ) :: Finish up msg * Finished! Now rename all folders to the game name. start "" "%output%" and this is a bat it gives me cd .. start "Emulator" "F:\Launchbox\Emulators\Capcom Play System III\emulator.exe" %~n0 now I read your post and edited the bat to this. cd /d "F:\Launchbox\Emulators\Capcom Play System III" start "Emulator" "F:\Launchbox\Emulators\Capcom Play System III\emulator.exe" %~n0 and the game runs fine I could edit each one but would like to use bat file for other systems any idea what I have wrong. thanks again mike

@sagaopc
sagaopc said I found the solution!!!! now Demul 0.7 works!!!! DON'T CHECK no space before rom and change to -run=awave Now, atomiswave will work!Laugh
You can tell the dev of 07a that while it works with the -run it has broken the -rom when using a bat file to launch an atomiswave game as it will not go down and select the game just open up the emulator. but will work with a custom command line

@orac31 your winwark bat is missing the path to the roms set roms=F:\LaunchBox\Games\Capcom CPS3 you werent inside the roms folder when you copied the address and inside the Capcom CPS3 folder should be a folder called roms where the games are as the script is looking for a folder called roms and if it cannot find that folder it cannot tell the emulator where to find the games. The easiest way to set up the folder hierachy is to placee a roms folder inside each emulator it makes it easier to get the likes of bd000 script to work otherwise you would have to modify the script to point to the games folder Capcom CPS3 instead of roms folder see here from script cd /d "%roms%" it is looking for the roms folder ie a folder called roms.

@orac31 if you look at below image you will see that i have my roms folder inside my emulator folder that is why the script works for me inside-emulator-folder.jpg as a rule i always keep my roms for a particular emulator within that emulators folder it makes it easier if i want to just copy an emulator to another computer and have it all working almost immedately on that other machine.

again thanks for your help have put roms and changed it as you told me but looks like bat file is not adding the line cd /d "F:\Launchbox\Emulators\Capcom Play System III" so if I edit the bat files it makes and put this line in it works fine so its finding the roms and making the bat files but instead of above line it just adds cd.. I will check to see if bat .file copied and pasted ok from post. again thanks for taking time to help

@orac31 just put a roms folder inside your emulator cps3, name it roms and then put the game zips into that folder roms, put winwarks script in there with the roms, right click on address bar and copy address from the address bar to the script. Now go out of the roms folder and copy address for the emulator and ad onto the end of that \emulator.exe exactly as it is written on your emulator and copy it in to the winwark bat file where it should go, then save. Run the winwark bat file. copy the contents of the Output folder into the roms folder and rename them to the games names, it should now work perfectly. click on a game bat file to make sure. now when they work add them to LaunchBox. Do this for any emulator you need to create bat files it wont work for all platforms as not all emulators need bat files to get games working.

@orac31 first mistake i can see is your games folder is named Roms with a capital R It should be roms with a small r second mistake i see is that your script has a forward slash/ before roms instead of a backwards slash\ @echo off :: Change these to relevant paths (NO QUOTES) set roms=F:\LaunchBox\Emulators\Capcom Play System III\ roms set emu=F:\LaunchBox\Emulators\Capcom Play System III set exe=emulator.exe ::############################################################### ::############################################################### ::############################################################### :: Change nothing below here. ::############################################################### set batloc=%~dp0 :: Creates a temp filelist of the romset cd /d "%roms%" for /f "delims=" %%f in ('dir /A-D /B /O:GEN') do echo %%~nf>> "%batloc%\filelist.txt" cd /d "%batloc%" :: Creates a temp batch file which serves as the template to be duplicated echo cd /d "%emu%"> template.bat echo start "Emulator" "%emu%\%exe%" %%~n0>> template.bat :: Creates a "launcher" batch file for each entry in the filelist mkdir "%batloc%\output" set output=%batloc%\output for /f "usebackq delims=," %%b in (`TYPE filelist.txt`) do copy template.bat "%output%\%%b.bat" del filelist.txt del template.bat :: Moves each batch file to it's own folder cd /d "%output%" for %%m in (*.bat) do ( md "%%~nm" 2>nul move "%%m" "%%~nm" ) :: Finish up msg * Finished! Now rename all folders to the game name. start "" "%output%" for some reason this is not pasting the full script after system III is should have backward slash roms but its no pasting right into the forum here, had to press enter after Capcom Play System III\ as wont allow a backslash with roms, make sure if you copy script that youremove the enter