LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulator Settings for All Platforms

Jason Carr

@sagaopc what version of demul are you using i would advise using demul 057 version looking at your pics i see atomiswave.exe and naomi.exe which i dont have cut your roms out of the version you are using then install zip version of demul 057 follow the steps i have provided and you shouls get your roms working no problem as all mine work well in LaunchBox and BigBox using demul 057

it needs the custom command under emulation tab to launch the game named the same as the rom zip as i showed in earlier post, i tried 058 but it was really buggy and not as good as 057 and yes the batch doesnt work with the newest demul, but i am really pleased with how good 057 plays both Atomiswave and Naomi games.

did you try setting 057 up as described with the bat files included in demul emulator folder as well as the custom command for each game as thats the only way i could get the games to work. Try from scratch unzip demul 057 into emulators folder inside LaunchBox folder in my documents put the game zips in roms folder as well as the awbios zip into roms folder. setup controller in demul outside of LaunchBox its the arcade controller you need to setup not the dreamcast one. then import your games into LaunchBox and make demul the default emulator for Atomiswave games. then go into edit each game individually and set the default custom command under the emulation tab make sure the box is checked and add this commandline -run=atomiswave -rom=demofist. demofist is the zip name of Demolish Fish game. you need to do this for each game in the atmoswave platform as each game zip has a different name.

Maddoc1007 said did you try setting 057 up as described with the bat files included in demul emulator folder as well as the custom command for each game as thats the only way i could get the games to work. Try from scratch unzip demul 057 into emulators folder inside LaunchBox folder in my documents put the game zips in roms folder as well as the awbios zip into roms folder. setup controller in demul outside of LaunchBox its the arcade controller you need to setup not the dreamcast one. then import your games into LaunchBox and make demul the default emulator for Atomiswave games. then go into edit each game individually and set the default custom command under the emulation tab make sure the box is checked and add this commandline -run=atomiswave -rom=demofist. demofist is the zip name of Demolish Fish game. you need to do this for each game in the atmoswave platform as each game zip has a different name.
I was going to post as well yesterday that I could not get it to work but was to tired but got up today and read your posts to segapc and tried again and now have a rom working thank you so much for taking the time to helpLaugh

spent a few hours trying to get an easier way to launch Atomiswave games and Naomi, Naomi 2 games via bat files. This is the way i got them to work in Demul 057: Atomiswave: Create a folder inside Demul emulator call it Atomiswave rom bat, inside that folder create folders for each game, name the name of the game ie: Dolphin Blue for Dolphin Blue game. Inside this folder create a text document and Save it as Dolphin Blue. Paste this inside the text document:- start C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\demul057\demul.exe -run=atomiswave -rom=dolphin Now change the extension of file you created from .txt to .bat C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\demul057\demul.exe=the full path to your Demul emulator dolphin=the name of your rom zip Do this for every Atomiswave game you have. Now in LaunchBox add game and point to the bat file you created, do not set an emulator for game. Naomi/Naomi 2: Create 2 folders inside Demul emulator call them Naomi rom bat, and Naomi2 rom bat. Inside those folders create a folder for each game, name the name of the game ie: Wild Riders for Wild Riders game. Inside this folder create a text document and Save it as Dolphin Blue. Paste this inside the text document:- start C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\demul057\demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=wldrider Now change the extension of file you created from .txt to .bat C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\demul057\demul.exe start demul.exe=the full path to your Demul emulator wldrider=the name of your rom zip Do this for every Naomi/Naomi2 game you have. Now in LaunchBox add game and point to the bat file you created, do not set an emulator for game. Ps: do not set demul emulator to full screen as demul has no keyboard shortcuts for exiting games instead set the resolution to the size of your screen see below image: video-resolution.jpg

can anyone help I am trying to get cps 3 games to work I have tried this @echo off :: Change these to relevant paths (NO QUOTES) set roms=F:\lunchbox\Games\Capcom CPS3 set emu=F:\lunchbox\Emulators\Capcom Play System III set exe=emulator.exe ::############################################################### ::############################################################### ::############################################################### :: Change nothing below here. ::############################################################### set batloc=%~dp0 :: Creates a temp filelist of the romset cd /d "%roms%" for /f "delims=" %%f in ('dir /A-D /B /O:GEN') do echo %%~nf>> "%batloc%\filelist.txt" cd /d "%batloc%" :: Creates a temp batch file which serves as the template to be duplicated echo cd ..> template.bat echo start "Emulator" "%emu%\%exe%" %%~n0>> template.bat :: Creates a "launcher" batch file for each entry in the filelist mkdir "%batloc%\output" set output=%batloc%\output for /f "usebackq delims=," %%b in (`TYPE filelist.txt`) do copy template.bat "%output%\%%b.bat" del filelist.txt del template.bat :: Moves each batch file to it's own folder cd /d "%output%" for %%m in (*.bat) do ( md "%%~nm" 2>nul move "%%m" "%%~nm" ) :: Finish up msg * Finished! Now rename all folders to the game name. start "" "%output%" which I found on here and when I run the bat files(it makes) it just says cant find the roms

@orac31 you have these wrong set roms=F:\lunchbox\Games\Capcom CPS3 set emu=F:\lunchbox\Emulators\Capcom Play System III Rename lunchbox to LaunchBox This is what mine looks like @echo off :: Change these to relevant paths (NO QUOTES) set roms=C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\cps3emulator oms set emu=C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\cps3emulator set exe=emulator.exe

@orac31 the easiest way to make sure you get the address of your roms emulator etc is when you are in your emulators folder is to right click the address bar and copy the address then paste this into winwarks bat see image copying-pathway.jpg make sure your in the roms folder to get full address to roms and for path to emulator right click as image and add the name of emulator to end with \emulator.exe ie the name of the emulator in the folder

@orac31 once you click on winwarks it should create a folder inside your roms folder called output. you need to cut the contents from this folder and then paste them in the roms folder. then yes you need to rename them to the games name. then point add games to the bat files. i would do these one at a time as there are not a lot of games in cps3 do not add emulator when ading bat files when add game says you need an emulator just say no

@orac31 these are the names of the games and the ones that are working jojoalt = JoJo's Venture jojoba = JoJo's Bizzare Adventure warzard = Red Earth sfiii = Street Fighter III: New Generation sfiii2 = Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact sfiii3a = Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike These are the only ones you need to name dont bother adding the other ones but just leave them as they are named in the rom folder and dont bother adding them to you games