LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulator Settings for All Platforms

Jason Carr

I think the all emu settings table at the start of this topic should be updated for Sony PSP to set this command line so you can exit games to LB easily. I found this in another post and it worked well:

I recommend the following default command-line parameters in the PPSSPP "Edit Emulator" section Enter the the text in the "Default Command-Line Parameters" box: 

--escape-exit --fullscreen

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great list of commands here. I thank you.

For Future Pinball, I think the commands in your list should be changed to  /open "Drive Letter:\full path\table_name.fpt" /play /exit . Unless I am missing something somewhere, this currently has to be entered manually for each table. Just using the /open /play /exit commands will not open the table (rom) properly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(Win)Vice supports appending the filename to start in the commandline, but LaunchBox won't accept it complaining the rom file doesn't exist. After fiddeling around for a while i found a work-around.

The correct command-line for (Win)Vice would be:

@x64 -default -fullscreen -autostart "mydisk.d64:startme"

This would load mydisk.d64 and then the emulator would start startme.prg from the loaded disk. Very usefull when having files with multiple programs/games in one D64 image.

Because LanchBox doesn't like ":startme" appended (which would be a nice thing to add, we need the workaround. We first create a batch file with the following content:

@x64 -default -fullscreen -autostart %2:%1

Since LaunchBox supplies the rom file as the second parameter in our case, and %1 as the custom command line parameter, we need to take this in account in the batch, which is why we use %2:%1 in stead of %1:%2 ;) The @ in front of x64 (being the emulator) simply suppresses the output of the commandline itself.

Now we need to configure LaunchBox, for that look at the attached screen-dumps. It is straight forward.

The actual command-line passed to the batchfile will be  "oils well+" "roms\OILSWELL.D64" , which results in the actual command-line

@x64 -default -fullscreen -autostart "roms\OILSWELL.D64":"oils well+"

called by the batch file. Please not the double quote weirdness. The parameters %1 and %2 are actually passed with quotes, which is fine for windows. We need the quotes because we want to be able to use spaces in the filenames ;)  Normally we would want "roms\OILSWELL.D64:oils well+" as the string passed to the batchfile, but alas, i couldn't find an easy way to do that with LaunchBox or within the batch file.

This work-around might also be usefull with other emulator calls .... so enjoy.

Launcher tab.jpg

Emulation tab.jpg

Edit Emulator.jpg

Edited by nhoijtink

I set the Atari 5200 to be loaded into the Mess64 (0.177) and it worked fine. For Atari 7800, the emulator opens, but the cartridge doesn't load:

"Fatal error: Device Atari 7800 Cartridge Slot load failed: Unspecified error"

My ROMs are "No-Intro". Searching on internet, I found it:

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=6165&nbn=4

What is the correct setting for Atari 7800?

Thanks!

18 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Maybe not the answer you are looking for but I recommend using Retroarch and ProSystem core. Mame is good for some things and in some cases the only way to emulate a system but not always the best way.

When I can't use my favorite emulator, I will opt for RetroArch. I set the Atari 7800 in RA (ProSystem Core).

Thanks, Lordmonkus!

• 1 month later...

This list is awesome...wondering how to incorporate most (all?) of these command lines as needed into ROCKETLAUNCHER since I'm not using stand-alone emulators for the most part...

I mean, where IN rocketlauncher would I ideally place these command-lines for the select EMU...anyone know?

Thanks!

- Brett