LaunchBox Community Forums

What else would you like to see us create? LaunchBox YouTube Suggestion Thread

SentaiBrad

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I’d say for convenience sake in BigBox to have any controller plugged into the Pc be able to control the navigation instead of having to assign and be constrained using the same one even when changing of controllers for different plateform games..

thx for all your hard work :)

Edited by Exequiel3k

• 3 weeks later...

Sometime ago, when Rocket Launcher support was added. I remember Jason saying that this was more or less a temporary thing that LB would eventually out do over time. Does anyone else remember that comment? My question is, when will we get there? Fade, Multi Game, Pause and Bezel functionality would raise the bar pretty high for LB.

I'm certain the community would salivate to bring content to the front if these things existed, right?    

3 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Sometime ago, when Rocket Launcher support was added. I remember Jason saying that this was more or less a temporary thing that LB would eventually out do over time. Does anyone else remember that comment? My question is, when will we get there? Fade, Multi Game, Pause and Bezel functionality would raise the bar pretty high for LB.

I'm certain the community would salivate to bring content to the front if these things existed, right?    

That is a long term goal yes but it's gonna take time since there are only 2 devs, 1 full time and 1 part time working on it.

4 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Multi Game

Not sure what this is though.

On 11/2/2017 at 10:12 PM, Lordmonkus said:

That is a long term goal yes but it's gonna take time since there are only 2 devs, 1 full time and 1 part time working on it.

I totally get that, we all have our lives/jobs to deal with and I commend you guys for contributing to this awesome FE.
However, it's perplexing to see a music player appear in a market already saturated with *free* music players, why add to the pile?

To me, Launchbox is an important alternative to the community (Anti-HS)... please don't lose sight of that.

Well I am just a unpaid volunteer here on the forums and discord and even though @Jason Carr does on occasion listen to my input I really have no say over what he does and doesn't do with how he runs Launchbox / Musicbox as a business. The debate and discussion over Musicbox has been done to death and is no longer something to be discussesed, Jason is doing it and it's his decision.

Long time user, first time posting. 

First of all, keep up the great work. I would like to suggest two interface improvements to Launchbox. Not sure if these have been suggested already so my apologies if this turns out to be a duplicate request.

1. An alphabet quick search bar.

It would be nice to be able to jump to the first letter of each title on one click rather than scroll to find the game. (See attachment for suggested location). If anyone has ever used MusicBee then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

2. Have you guys considered adding some sort of module to be able to map controller keys through x input the moment a game is launched?  Some times I've added games to my collection that do not offer controller support and although I currently use Pinnacle game profiler for this, it would be awesome if you could add a similar functionality to Launchbox.

-Ed

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know how much effort it'd be, but it'd be nice if there were sort of an achievements aggregator across all platforms. Just have people plug in their Retro Archievements, Xbox Live, Steam, and other profile/launcher information along with the games, and then monitor the game launchers or games themselves for when they throw out achievements, and then have Launchbox compile them into a single profile viewable via the Games DB profile.

edit: Well, RetroAchievements made it into the Beta, so let's just hope Steam, Xbox, and Origin are next!

Edited by Cypher