LaunchBox Community Forums

What else would you like to see us create? LaunchBox YouTube Suggestion Thread

SentaiBrad

Movie Support?

Also the ability with games to quickly (with 1-2 presses/clicks) bring up the LATEST/BEST Revision of a game (set by the user of course)....for example, if I have the same game on PS1, and PS3, I would to be able to quickly browse and KNOW the better (superior as I decide it) version is there so I play the best one...if that makes sense...

Well, this is the thread for the YouTube channel, not LB/BB specifically. I mean, unless you want me to start making movies, but I'm sure no one wants to see that. xD Movie support has been requested for a long time now, there is certainly a feature request ticket on the BitBucket, but it's certainly not a current goal. It's a potential future goal. Adding movies, or anything you want really, is technically possible, but just not scraping. That last request might actually be super unique. I don't know how that could be judged, that's super opinionated. That discussion should happen though. I'd be interested if you created a separate thread for that and created a ticket for it on the LB/BB BitBucket. That would require Database additions as well though too.

StudentBR,

You should post your request in its own thread too, since here it's just going to get missed/ignored (maybe)... I agree I would like to see the tutorial as well, I have a commandline that seems to work for most things l, but it could be a more comprehensive ...

Edited by cleverest

No it's not ignored, this is a YouTube request thread that I created. There is a tutorials one though, and I've been asked there to create one, and I've said that I wont. I would not be qualified to create one. I don't use RL at all, and it's disingenuous for me to make a tutorial related to it.

20 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

No it's not ignored, this is a YouTube request thread that I created. There is a tutorials one though, and I've been asked there to create one, and I've said that I wont. I would not be qualified to create one. I don't use RL at all, and it's disingenuous for me to make a tutorial related to it.

Sorry I didn't mean that rudely at all, just that it's worth it's own thread for that request ("TOO") :-)....I could have phrased that differently, LOL

• 1 month later...

I'd really like to see a video series on more obscure PC Games and Fangames  or even romhacks that often fly under the radar as well as a either new Mame games or even highlights of old ones.

I've been having a blast scouring the web for obscure pc and fangames and was amazed to see how brilliant some of these are.  

And while I've been messing in the emulation scene MAME has always been daunting. I have 4700 Mame games on my old Cab and I dont play it at all because its so overwhelming. I'd like very much a guide that picked out things worth note out of that massive library. I'm just sure im missing out on more than just tmnt and xmen on arcade.

Edited by dmjohn0x

Good morning, i don't know if this already exist:

for example, i imported 100 games of msx, 33 *.cas, 33 *.dsk, 34 *.rom

using FMSX i need to to create 3 different emulators, FMSX-CAS, FMSX-DSK, FMSX-ROM , everyone with a specific command, -diska, -rom, -cas

but now i have all 100 games mixed and i want change the emulator selecting only CAS files for example, then...can u create an option like in windows "visualization by type" or like in excel like using filters choicing only what want to see... (in this case only files with CAS extensions), so in this way i can change parameters like "emulator" only with specific files.

Another useful thing can be "download metadata for this machine" , cause if i want to update metadata etc it will check all i have in list...

^_^thank you very much

14 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

I put a lot of English translations in RSS actually, so more stuff like that, or it's own show? If I did it's own show, some weeks RSS might be really short.

English Translations are good but I'd like to see more indie/fan games. For instance Psycho Waluigi or Demons n' Ghouls. Then you have neat hacks like Pokemon Ash Grey and Super Mario 64 Star Road. And indie titles like the original (and free) Spelunky & Cave Story. While some of these games are pretty popular in their individual "scene" I'd venture to say that they are relatively unknow by most of your audience and add to game that they'd want to put on their builds. And even aside from that, you can share lesser known games for other consoles. (Hidden Gems of sorts). I just think I'd get a lot of mileage out of a youtube show focused on showing me games I didnt know I wanted to play. 

I've mentioned several time how overwhelming I find Mame in general and there is new shit being added to it almost weekly. I'd like to know what im missing out on there too!

5 hours ago, neogetter said:

Good morning, i don't know if this already exist:

for example, i imported 100 games of msx, 33 *.cas, 33 *.dsk, 34 *.rom

using FMSX i need to to create 3 different emulators, FMSX-CAS, FMSX-DSK, FMSX-ROM , everyone with a specific command, -diska, -rom, -cas

but now i have all 100 games mixed and i want change the emulator selecting only CAS files for example, then...can u create an option like in windows "visualization by type" or like in excel like using filters choicing only what want to see... (in this case only files with CAS extensions), so in this way i can change parameters like "emulator" only with specific files.

Another useful thing can be "download metadata for this machine" , cause if i want to update metadata etc it will check all i have in list...

^_^thank you very much

I'm a bit confused, that's not a video suggestion. If you're having issues with MSX I created a tutorial and it doesn't matter (if I recall properly) the extension.

5 hours ago, dmjohn0x said:

English Translations are good but I'd like to see more indie/fan games. For instance Psycho Waluigi or Demons n' Ghouls. Then you have neat hacks like Pokemon Ash Grey and Super Mario 64 Star Road. And indie titles like the original (and free) Spelunky & Cave Story. While some of these games are pretty popular in their individual "scene" I'd venture to say that they are relatively unknow by most of your audience and add to game that they'd want to put on their builds. And even aside from that, you can share lesser known games for other consoles. (Hidden Gems of sorts). I just think I'd get a lot of mileage out of a youtube show focused on showing me games I didnt know I wanted to play. 

I've mentioned several time how overwhelming I find Mame in general and there is new shit being added to it almost weekly. I'd like to know what im missing out on there too!

Right, I have been wanting to do a show like that actually. No promises, but I'll talk to Jason about it and see what he thinks as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

I'm a bit confused, that's not a video suggestion. If you're having issues with MSX I created a tutorial and it doesn't matter (if I recall properly) the extension.

hahhh...i wrong page sorry! 

i will put the question in the correct section! regarding MSX it was an example, i have problem now to put commands line for each type of extension, the games are mixed, cas, dsk, rom, i need to reimport the roms with 3 differents option for the emu... 

fmsx -cas 

fmsx -diska

fmsx -rom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you're still taking suggestions in this thread but...  

I've been trying to pop up an image to inform users how the button layouts are for each platform. It appears that people have a couple work arounds but it would be great to get an official way to do it. I was thinking that Launchbox already monitors for key combos outside of the program for closing emulators. You could create a new combo to pop up an image for a couple seconds. If it's not possible to get this type of feature added, then maybe a simple video tutorial about how to do it using AHK?

Here's a thread where it's discussed: