LaunchBox Community Forums

What else would you like to see us create? LaunchBox YouTube Suggestion Thread

SentaiBrad

Have you tried reinstalling video drivers and direct x as well as the Visual C++ runtimes ?

There have been people who have reported these things can fix tings with the Creators Update. Keep in mind that the CU is still not an officially available update yet, it is still a beta and I just read last night that it is going into a big bug squash phase so hopefully that will fix some issues with it.

1 hour ago, lordmonkus said:

Have you tried reinstalling video drivers and direct x as well as the Visual C++ runtimes ?

There have been people who have reported these things can fix tings with the Creators Update. Keep in mind that the CU is still not an officially available update yet, it is still a beta and I just read last night that it is going into a big bug squash phase so hopefully that will fix some issues with it.

Yes, I've done all of this. (I'm a PC technician by trade), but nothing is working sadly....the CU update was forced on me as an official update actually, so didn't fight it when it started scheduling the install automatically...I certainly didn't sign up for a beta version of Windows...YIKES...I know better than that...

Hopefully, something gets done to fix it, so I can enjoy my collection and continue to refer others to LB.  Thanks for the response.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, lessthanzero33 said:

I am not sure if this has been asked but how about a rom downloader option?, sorry if this has been asked already.

that would be condoning what some would call piracy , not me im a data preservationist & would love the feature. But its still a grey area and the creators of launchbox cant take any chances.

58 minutes ago, lessthanzero33 said:

I am not sure if this has been asked but how about a rom downloader option?, sorry if this has been asked already.

As much anyone would love this built into a front end it would never be possible. To many legal issues and emulation is already frowned upon in many areas, although getting better. There are tons of options to download roms from websites. 

On 9/8/2017 at 0:06 AM, lessthanzero33 said:

I guess the reply should be "lessthanzero" chance. Haha.

Oops, I laughed at my own joke there.

That "RomFlix" image you mention is free so is not likely to be pursued by the Authorities, whereas LaunchBox is a commercial program and the Authorities would probably crash on it like a ton of bricks if such a feature was added. That's how I see it, which is just conjecture of course.

Edited by JamesBond@ge