LaunchBox Community Forums

What else would you like to see us create? LaunchBox YouTube Suggestion Thread

SentaiBrad

2 hours ago, Crush said:

I think that a custom menu when you right-click on a platform name, could easily solve this. Something like Additional Apps for platforms. You could add all kind of pop-up info or even run AHK scripts that way.

I think that would be a great method.

Well, this is a request thread for our YouTube videos. Seems I've gotten several requests in the past, which I can't accommodate. Jason also doesn't keep track of this thread. There was another thread related to this where I helped a user with some of this, as it is doable right now in the Marquee feature in Big Box, but there is a bit of a workaround (you'd need to put the images in a folder completely unrelated). As for making it a concrete feature, making a feature request is the best method. Check the BitBucket first to make sure it hasn't already been requested, and then vote on that. If it doesn't exist, request it yourself and vote on your own ticket. Click Issues/Requests at the top to do so.

I created a Request here:

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/2744/right-click-custom-menu-on-platforms

for the addition of custom right-click menu on Platforms. That way we could display controller images, extra info on the platform, run JoytoKey or other utilities before launching a game, or an AHK script related to this Platform.

• 1 month later...

Tectoy (a Brazilian company that produce and distribuite sega's consoles and games here in Brazil) is about to launch a new mega drive (also known as genesis) and they were trying to launch a console as accurate as possible, but i saw a lot of people on youtube comaplaining about the sound that's not accurate and so on... So i thought if the emulators are much diferent from real hardware...

Here's a video of a gameplay recorded with the "new" mega drive...

That being said I would like to you guys comparing the most accurate emulators to the Real consoles, audio, video, FPS\frametime and so on :D

Edited by StuDentBR
  • Like 1

Hey Jason,

I think this is a good idea to implement a loading bar or a loading percentage when launching a game in big box. This way we wont be wondering how long it takes to load  a big file game. Please put one in !

Edited by dylanchau
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Casper said:

The setup of Dynamic Marquees on 2nd screen, would be nice.....

Yea I'm confused, that's where Dynamic Marquee goes.

Also, again people, this is the YouTube talk thread, not the LaunchBox talk thread. Creating a regular single thread or using the BitBucket is the normal way to talk about and request LaunchBox / Big Box stuff.

• 1 month later...

Yes and no. It does, but not in the way you want it to. Big Box has Marquee support, which can put information on the second screen, but you'd either need to make a workaround or edit together a theme to specifically take certain advantage of your second monitor.

On 5/1/2017 at 2:46 PM, StuDentBR said:

Tectoy (a Brazilian company that produce and distribuite sega's consoles and games here in Brazil) is about to launch a new mega drive (also known as genesis) and they were trying to launch a console as accurate as possible, but i saw a lot of people on youtube comaplaining about the sound that's not accurate and so on... So i thought if the emulators are much diferent from real hardware...

Here's a video of a gameplay recorded with the "new" mega drive...

That being said I would like to you guys comparing the most accurate emulators to the Real consoles, audio, video, FPS\frametime and so on :D

I like this idea

5 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

Yes and no. It does, but not in the way you want it to. Big Box has Marquee support, which can put information on the second screen, but you'd either need to make a workaround or edit together a theme to specifically take certain advantage of your second monitor.

Thank you for the quick response. Maybe someone with more skills and experience doing themes will see this post and feel the urge to do this. It would be great to have game guides on one screen while playing the game on another. If someone wants to go all out. 3 display support would be awesome as well. Move lists on one screen and game walkthroughs on another while playing the game on the main Screen.  Thanks again. 

Edited by Tommy1981

• 2 weeks later...

A video on how to fix Launchbox from crashing every 30-200 seconds Windows 10 creator update... when uninstalling and reinstalling all Visual C++ packages does not fix it...

I don't use launchbox anymore because of this, it super sucks...I may have to downgrade my OS on my computer to make this work if there is no better fix... which is something I'd really love to avoid!

33 minutes ago, cleverest said:

A video on how to fix Launchbox from crashing every 30-200 seconds Windows 10 creator update... when uninstalling and reinstalling all Visual C++ packages does not fix it...

I don't use launchbox anymore because of this, it super sucks...I may have to downgrade my OS on my computer to make this work if there is no better fix... which is something I'd really love to avoid!

I just used windows "media creation tool" to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my HP Omen and then installed launch box. I used a 3.0 usb to do this and it took less than an hour. I never did install any of the c++ packages and Launch Box/ Big Box works great.