LaunchBox Community Forums

Moderator Guidelines and Contributor Rules

Jason Carr

On 2/13/2024 at 6:22 PM, MJF said:

There should also be a rule that states that video links submitted in the video link field should be straight gameplay videos (or trailers) and not game review/commentary videos. I've noticed that someone has been adding game review videos to C64 games lately, and to make matters worse, they aren't even in ENGLISH. They are in POLISH, which is a language spoken by a small minority of LB users.

I think this is already covered under the  "use common sense" -rule O.o:D  Given that we weren't rickrolled, I'm assuming the submitter is not trolling and is only clueless. OTOH moderation is systematically failing.

Suggestion: I have a similar hobby on documenting comics and what Comic Vine has done is quite clever. It's an elaborate system, but one aspect they are doing that could be implemented without having to rewrite a whole lot of code: Person needs to get a certain amount of points before moderation is available. Points are  given for each accepted submission and  lost for each declined submission. This would raise the quality of moderation and would likely lessen the chances Polish video reviews to go through.
We should also try to compile submission and moderation rules and pin the post.

3 hours ago, viritys said:

Suggestion: I have a similar hobby on documenting comics and what Comic Vine has done is quite clever. It's an elaborate system, but one aspect they are doing that could be implemented without having to rewrite a whole lot of code: Person needs to get a certain amount of points before moderation is available. Points are  given for each accepted submission and  lost for each declined submission. This would raise the quality of moderation and would likely lessen the chances Polish video reviews to go through.
We should also try to compile submission and moderation rules and pin the post.

Fairly certain we already have this in our DB as well, though I admit I have no idea how many submissions it is before the flag is enabled.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Fairly certain we already have this in our DB as well, though I admit I have no idea how many submissions it is before the flag is enabled.

Oh my bad, can't remember having to work for the privilege as it's been quite a few years, Maybe that bar should be raised to 10x or some such? I mean I haven't seen these Polish reviews but sounds like some folks are doing a terrible job :D