LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's Platform Clear Logos

Zombeaver

I'm a lot more inclined to do the 5200/7200 (and maybe MSX) than the handhelds.

The handhelds aren't out of the question, I guess I just don't really see the appeal. Why play a crappy handheld version of King of Fighters when you can just as easily play the arcade version? I understand the appeal of the actual handheld itself, but if you're just emulating on a PC either way I don't get it. I mean, to each their own, but my completely arbitrary and anecdotal guess would be that most people that have these in their library have them just for the sake of having them, not because it's something they play very frequently in earnest.

GBC is probably slightly higher priority than the other two.

I would assume GB, GBA, DS, GG, and PSP would accommodate the vast majority of demand for handheld platforms.

• Like 1

Well, speaking from personal experience, the Neo Geo Pocket Color has some pretty cool RPG's that are exclusive. I would think GBC would be popular as well because of Pokebutts and a very underrated Zelda game. Can't say much about the Lynx, I do have the roms for it but I have personally never played it and I am not sure what exclusives it has. Also the Neo Pocket has a ton of really awesome box art.

I just noticed an issue with a few of the clear logos. Chances are no one would even notice it, especially once they're resized in BB, but my OCD tendencies require that I go through and fix them...

My layer mask needs to be trimmed by 1 pixel - on darker images you can't see it but on brighter ones you can when it's on top of a black background. The background is just barely popping out from underneath the outer "ring". It's not a huge deal to fix, it's just a matter of resaving every version of all of them with the adjusted mask...

Mask Error.png

I've never seen it when they're actually in-use in BB, but I can see it when looking at some of them full-size - any of the ones that are have bright colors at the edge of the image. Once these are actually resampled to a smaller size in BB, I'm sure it disappears.

Again, just OCD tendencies... I can't unsee/unknow it's there now so I gotta :P