LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's Platform Clear Logos

Zombeaver

1 hour ago, Zombeaver said:

It's varies from logo to logo but generally speaking it's a combination of several gradient stroke layers, inner glow, outer glow, and drop shadow.

You could save the layer style(s) for others to use of course. Even though they might vary from logo to logo.

Edited by THK

Well I mean it really does vary from logo to logo. The elements I listed are the ones that are typically used - I'm using multiple (2-3) stroke layers, inner glow, outer glow, etc. - but how they're used and what each one is set to (size, color, gradient scale/style, blending modes, etc.) is different for basically every logo so there really isn't a layer style, just a consistent combination of elements. The screenshots I posted are just an example of how they can be used.

It's not out of stubbornness or secrecy (I'm showing exactly what I used for the 5200 one); I just don't think that's going to have the desired effect. I don't want to tell somebody "Hey just paste this style on and it'll look like these." when the same combination of elements creates something very different depending on how they're used. I'd rather people know which fiddly bits they should be messing around with to achieve a similar result than just "Hey paste this on there with no idea what any of this stuff is." Teach a man to fish and all that.

If I were to share a style it would just be "this is what I used for [insert] logo".

Text Style - 1.JPGText Style - 2.JPGText Style - 3.JPGText Style - 4.JPGText Style - 5.JPG

Here's one for Atari 7800 - Galaga aka "The Way Better Version of Space Invaders". Space bugs. Gotta love 'em. I knew I liked Lexx for a reason. Lisa Hynes and Xenia Seeberg didn't hurt.

...what were we talking about again? Oh, Galaga! Now Galaga vs Galaxian... that's a bit tougher... Hmm...

Normal:

Atari 7800.png

Scanlines:

Atari 7800.png

• Like 1

On 1/5/2017 at 3:33 PM, keltoigael said:

Also the Neo Pocket has a ton of really awesome box art.

What box art would that be exactly? Because Neo Geo Pocket Color is what I'm planning on working on next and I'm not finding much of anything. I see a lot of cutesy chibi stuff :/

I need something high quality that has a good amount of wide/horizontal content for the clear logo and square-ish content for the banner.